Frebeni

What happens if my fiancé becomes pregnant during the K-1 Visa process?

58 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, Frebeni said:

I know ... I’m 25 with 0 debt other than my mortgage . By any means , I’m not rich . I don’t even make a lot of money . I do have a healthy savings account . I just want her because she seems to be a humble girl , not about luxuries . I mean I’m going to try , I don’t know if it’s going to work out . I do hope So 

All the more reason to slow down. The immigration process is an investment. Blindly going through with this process will result in wasted time, money and emotions. It is a matter of wisdom to meet your international significant other BEFORE making the decision to bring them into a whole new country where they know nobody (except you) and have no support system. That alone is extremely stressful and a major risk and gamble. It's good that you're doing research, but the fact you have never even met your girlfriend in person yet means you are not going into this with your eyes wide open. 

14 minutes ago, Marieke H said:

So you will spend a week with her, and you believe that is enough to really get to know each other, to decide if you want to get married, to propose to her, to get all documents you need from her to file the petition, and then also make a baby?

Seriously, dude. I repeat, slow down.

I know .. I understand everybody’s point . It is not a guarantee that it would work out . anyways , I’m going to keep everyone updated . 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

You CANNOT know someone truly, and well enough to marry them in one week and through FaceTime. That just doesn't happen. As most people have said, it's clear you're not going to listen but I'm gonna second everyone's comments on SLOW DOWN! There is no rush, if she's the right one, she'll still be there after a couple more meetings. A relationship and immigration petition needs to be for more of a reason than she wants to get out. Don't find yourself being used as a ticket out of somewhere she doesn't want to be. Again, get to know this person properly. You are clearly incredibly naive to this process (and perhaps in this 'relationship'), which is okay, no one is all-knowing, but take the time to educate yourself. Highly suggest you don't petition or try for a baby with this person for a while. Again, take your time! I wish you all the best with whatever you decide.

2 minutes ago, neca said:

Came here to say something like this.

I'll add too that on top of missing all of those milestones with someone carrying your child, you also will be choosing to miss out on the experience of living alone, just you and her. Children can be wonderful, but they're also a lot of work, and who you are as a single person is not who you're going to be as a parent. I understand wanting to have kids; I'm the same way, really chomping at the bit, but being able to get used to being physically present with my spouse just the two of us is a time that I am going to cherish for the rest of my life.

More cud to chew 😄

^^ So much this!!!  Children are WONDERFUL and a blessing, and you will NEVER have the same life again after they are born.  It is good to spend time living on your own before you get married, so that you can grow as a person, etc.  It is good to spend time living with only you and your spouse so that you two can grow together, get used to each other, your mannerisms, quirks, etc.  Enjoy the time of just the two of you to dote on each other, be in love, spoil each other with attention, etc.  

Spoiler

Petitioner: USC | Applicant: B2 | (c)9 AOS (Marriage)

07/31/18: Filed I-130, I-130A

08/01/18: Delivered Potomac Processing Center

08/07/18: Text/Mail Notifications (for I-130)

08/14/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-130)

08/24/18: Mailed I-485, I-765, I-864

08/27/18: Delivered

08/31/18: Filed

09/04/18: Text Notifications (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/06/18: Hard Copy NOA (for I-485, I-765, I-864)

09/14/18: Biometrics letter rec'd

09/26/18: Biometrics appt completed

10/02/18: Ready for interview to be scheduled.

12/18/18: Form I-130 APPROVED!

01/27/19: EAD Approved and card being printed!

02/02/19: Combo card and SSN card arrived!

03/08/19: Text and online notification that interview has been scheduled.

04/16/19: Interview.  AOS approval text rec'd.  Card in production!

04/24/19: GC in hand! 

Removal of Conditions

Here we go!

02/10/21: I-751 package sent

02/12/21: Delivered to Phoenix, AZ

03/22/21: Money order cashed

03/24/21: Text notification rec'd

03/25/21: NOA rec'd

04/30/21: Case updated: Fingerprints taken

06/27/22: Approved!  Card being produced!

07/05/22: 10-year GC in hand!

4vrsm5.pngN3Zem6.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

How about you get pregnant when she is at the medical stage. It will match up your timeline perfectly and you will have a much better idea if you want to be together. Currently, you seem a bit naive on what is needed for the K1 and timelines for everything. In the meantime, I recommend getting a pet. It is not reasonable to get her pregnant and have her raise the child on her own while waiting for the paperwork. Does she have family? How do they feel about that

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

you need to understand that spending just a week and applying for a person in a country that immigration considers High Fraud will probably get a denied K1 visa

USCIS (immigration) expects to see 2 people have spent quality time together which can mean several visits or 1 or 2 long ones

i spent the month of june with my fiancee and his family and still K1 was denied and i returned to marry

and the following site shows both the countries you have to deal with are high fraud / not that she is but immigration has seen many cases that constitute the country as being listed  in that category

if you want a family,  meet,  discuss with her family as you need their approval  ,  come back to the US and return at a later date to marry. you stand a better chance at a spousal visa 

and for God's sake don't think you going to visit with her and her family and they will allow you to sleep with her as that shows us you have no idea of her culture's values

https://mypathtocitizenship.com/which-countries-are-on-the-uscis-high-fraud-list/

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
1 minute ago, JeanneAdil said:

you need to understand that spending just a week and applying for a person in a country that immigration considers High Fraud will probably get a denied K1 visa

USCIS (immigration) expects to see 2 people have spent quality time together which can mean several visits or 1 or 2 long ones

i spent the month of june with my fiancee and his family and still K1 was denied and i returned to marry

and the following site shows both the countries you have to deal with are high fraud / not that she is but immigration has seen many cases that constitute the country as being listed  in that category

if you want a family,  meet,  discuss with her family as you need their approval  ,  come back to the US and return at a later date to marry. you stand a better chance at a spousal visa 

and for God's sake don't think you going to visit with her and her family and they will allow you to sleep with her as that shows us you have no idea of her culture's values

https://mypathtocitizenship.com/which-countries-are-on-the-uscis-high-fraud-list/

What is the significance of the "list" considering the uscis petition approval rate is quite high? 

Doesn't seem to have affected your or many others from being approved. 

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

[Mod hat on]

Two noncontributory posts and one with attempts to evade the site's language filter have been removed.

[Mod hat off]

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
On 3/2/2021 at 10:43 PM, payxibka said:

What is the significance of the "list" considering the uscis petition approval rate is quite high? 

Doesn't seem to have affected your or many others from being approved. 

It did affect me

i applied for K1 and was denied

applied for CR1 and denied

appealed and after the court took a year to decide , they said marriage bona fide ,  reapply

that's a lot of fees and a lot of money to be able to pass the 2 year requirement 

in total % trips before visa spending 6 months there and over $35, 000 to prove things to immigration

i think that's a big affect

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
18 minutes ago, JeanneAdil said:

It did affect me

i applied for K1 and was denied

applied for CR1 and denied

appealed and after the court took a year to decide , they said marriage bona fide ,  reapply

that's a lot of fees and a lot of money to be able to pass the 2 year requirement 

in total % trips before visa spending 6 months there and over $35, 000 to prove things to immigration

i think that's a big affect

No it didn't.  The USCIS approved your petitions, so I fail to understand how any kind of alleged USCIS "high fraud" list affected you. You seem to have forgotten it was the Department of State not the USCIS that denied the visa.  

YMMV

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.