Frebeni

What happens if my fiancé becomes pregnant during the K-1 Visa process?

58 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Frebeni said:

She lives in venezuela ... minimum wage is like 2 dollars a month . She wants to get out of it , even tho she does not bring it up a lot . She has not ask me for any money . She seems like a good girl .I mean if I feel the same conection in person , then I would take every action I can to bring her over with me . Even if it means having two - three  jobs 

And she is very, very beautiful . Does not seem to be a gold digger . I had a previous experience with a Colombian girl that ask me for money the second day of talking to her 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Frebeni said:

How long does the CRBA take to process ? Would i need to be present abroad when the child is born ? 

Go to the embassy website and READ.   

YMMV

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Frebeni said:

How can I take a dna test ? If I live in Las Vegas and she will most likely do her paperwork in bogota.

How you do this is not immigration's problem / it will be yours 

and immigration has told many a couple it is needed (even married couples)

you are  going to find out that immigration requires proof of everything 

you are already looking at the issue of where she will interview and getting criminal reports from the 2 countries 

you need to read the guidelines and go to her country's portal and read embassy reviews and posts from other members from the 2 countries regarding experiences

3 minutes ago, aaron2020 said:

Have many times have you visited her?

They have not met according to OP’s different  post.

Edited by powerpuff

3 hours ago, Frebeni said:

How can I take a dna test ? If I live in Las Vegas and she will most likely do her paperwork in bogota.

Dude.   You first need to meet and petition her.  Please do your reading and research, and then come back and ask thoughtful questions.

9 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

Dude.   You first need to meet and petition her.  Please do your reading and research, and then come back and ask thoughtful questions.

Yes , I’m planning to meet her . I’m asking all of these questions because I want to be informed . Like I said , I’m not desperate . I just don’t want to be caught off guard .

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

It's a lot easier to wait until after your fiancée is here to start a family.

Even ignoring the that you'd need to get a CRBA for the child and issues with traveling late in pregnancy or with a newborn (and you can't predict the timeline your visa process with much accuracy; an interview close to her due date in another city would be... really inconvenient), there's a lot your fiancée will want you there for (and that you'll want to be there for, to be honest) during her pregnancy and with an infant.

My wife got pregnant a few months after arriving on a K-1, and even given a pretty straightforward pregnancy and a wonderful little boy (he's almost a year old now), parenting is a lot easier when there are two of you around.

Edited by DaveAndAnastasia
K-1                             AOS                            
NOA1 Notice Date: 2018-05-31    NOA1 Notice Date: 2019-04-11   
NOA2 Date: 2018-11-16           Biometrics Date: 2019-05-10    
Arrived at NVC:  2018-12-03     EAD/AP In Hand: 2019-09-16     
Arrived in Moscow: 2018-12-28   GC Interview Date: 2019-09-25      
Interview date: 2019-02-14      GC In Hand: 2019-10-02
Visa issued: 2019-02-28
POE: 2019-03-11
Wedding: 2019-03-14

ROC                             Naturalization
NOA1 Notice Date: 2021-07-16    Applied Online: 2022-07-09 (biometrics waived)
Approval Date: 2022-04-06       Interview was Scheduled: 2023-01-06
10-year GC In Hand: 2022-04-14  Interview date: 2023-02-13 (passed)
                            	Oath: 2023-02-13

14 minutes ago, Jorgedig said:

"Potential" is not in line with eligibility criteria for a K-1.  You are clearly very young and getting way ahead of yourself if you haven't even met yet.

Well , I already like her a lot through the FaceTiming and messages . Once I see her in person then I would know if she’s the one . We have been talking for almost 8 months . It has been a nice experiences . That’s the reason why I said “potential” . Also , I’m not super young . I’m 25 and she’s 21. 

43 minutes ago, Kittinpaw said:

I think it's best to first meet your lady and spend some time with her. Online and real world can be very much different, and things can fall apart if she doesn't really like real you, or other way around. But If things work out, then sit together with her in front of computer and fill in i-129F form. After you go home, if both of you are certain that this is it, gather all documents and send i-129F package. 

When planning a baby, I always say use your brain rather than heart. It may be that you two really, really want it, but think about it and don't let emotions cloud your judgment. This is a life changing decision! She will have to go through pregnancy, deliver and take care of the baby without you being there by her side, for minimum of one year! Yeah she may say now:" Oh I can do it, ezpz " and you can support her financially, but things may go hard and some stuff money can't buy. Since you said that both of you are young, I think that it would be the best for your future baby, you and her to wait for 1-2 year until she is settled down in USA.

Regarding USCIS and your K1 VISA, her being pregnant or her having your baby does not slow down or expedite the process.

Think hard, once you are done thinking, THINK AGAIN, do ALOT of research, get to know REAL her and let her know REAL you. Best of luck, and I hope this works out, keep us updated. 

Yes , I’m planing To see her for atleast a week . i was talking to a girl from Colombia at the same time as the venezuelan . She did ask me for money right away . On the other hand , the Venezuelan girl has not asked me for a dime . So far , I like her personality and  looks . The reason I posted in this forum it’s because the date for the passport is getting closer . I want to be informed on which steps to take . I’m planning to petition her right away if things go as planned .

10 minutes ago, DaveAndAnastasia said:

It's a lot easier to wait until after your fiancée is here to start a family.

Even ignoring the that you'd need to get a CRBA for the child and issues with traveling late in pregnancy or with a newborn (and you can't predict the timeline your visa process with much accuracy; an interview close to her due date in another city would be... really inconvenient), there's a lot your fiancée will want you there for (and that you'll want to be there for, to be honest) during her pregnancy and with an infant.

My wife got pregnant a few months after arriving on a K-1, and even given a pretty straightforward pregnancy and a wonderful little boy (he's almost a year old now), parenting is a lot easier when there are two of you around.

Thank you . Well , if she does indeed get pregnant then I would be there for her . She lives with her family in venezuela and they are really close . I just want to accomplish my dream of having a family . 

36 minutes ago, Frebeni said:

Well , I already like her a lot through the FaceTiming and messages . Once I see her in person then I would know if she’s the one . We have been talking for almost 8 months . It has been a nice experiences . That’s the reason why I said “potential” . Also , I’m not super young . I’m 25 and she’s 21. 

Dude, 25 is young. A lot of us here are in our 30's, 40's, 50's, even 60's and older. And she's even younger than you. She has more than enough time to get pregnant and successfully carry it to term. This is putting the cart before the horse. Pregnancy itself has no effect on the legal immigration process. You will not be processed faster or slower if you guys get pregnant. In fact, it'd be unwise to get pregnant during the immigration process because there is absolutely NO (ie, ZERO) way of predicting the timing. You will not know when the visa is going to be issued until it is issued. You will not know how long the process will take until it is completely done. And this is not even mentioning the fact you guys have not met in person yet. Moving to the USA by itself is an enormous decision and it would be duly unwise for you guys to get pregnant immediately after her moving here. She will need time to adjust to living with you in a new country and you will need to ensure you are able to financially support both of you while AOS is pending, never mind a whole new baby.

2 minutes ago, mushroomspore said:

Dude, 25 is young. A lot of us here are in our 30's, 40's, 50's, even 60's and older. And she's even younger than you. She has more than enough time to get pregnant and successfully carry it to term. This is putting the cart before the horse. Pregnancy itself has no effect on the legal immigration process. You will not be processed faster or slower if you guys get pregnant. In fact, it'd be unwise to get pregnant during the immigration process because there is absolutely NO (ie, ZERO) way of predicting the timing. You will not know when the visa is going to be issued until it is issued. You will not know how long the process will take until it is completely done. And this is not even mentioning the fact you guys have not met in person yet. Moving to the USA by itself is an enormous decision and it would be duly unwise for you guys to get pregnant immediately after her moving here. She will need time to adjust to living with you in a new country and you will need to ensure you are able to financially support both of you while AOS is pending, never mind a whole new baby.

I know ... I’m 25 with 0 debt other than my mortgage . By any means , I’m not rich . I don’t even make a lot of money . I do have a healthy savings account . I just want her because she seems to be a humble girl , not about luxuries . I mean I’m going to try , I don’t know if it’s going to work out . I do hope So 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.