gaim1989

AOS - No Biometrics Appointment needed?

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hello kind people.

I was wondering if anyone obtained their Greencard through AOS/ Marriage and did not have to do a Biometrics appointment? 

My attorney mentioned yesterday that he has seen some cases where the applicants were not called for Biometrics and instead USCIS used their existing biometrics data that had been submitted previously. In my case, we filed in October and as of yet have not received an appointment. Yesterday I received a letter noting my i-693 deficiency (plan to bring it to interview), but still haven't got a Biometric appointment. I am on my third working visa so they already have all my details in the system.. the last time I entered via Dublin the agent used facial recognition to pull up my profile so they know who I am! 

I know there can be no rhyme or reason to USCIS but was wondering if anyone here got to skip biometrics. I am in Boston if that helps. 

Thank you :) 

On 3/2/2021 at 9:26 PM, beasty said:

alot of BIOS are waived yes.. 

Hoping for that myself.  She did biometrics for her B-2 renewal Feb 2020.  I guess it's also possible for the interview to be waived.  Probably too much for me to ask for though.  I just wish we'd get something.

Edited by Skyman

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 3/2/2021 at 7:41 AM, gaim1989 said:

In my case, we filed in October and as of yet have not received an appointment. Yesterday I received a letter noting my i-693 deficiency (plan to bring it to interview), but still haven't got a Biometric appointment. I am on my third working visa so they already have all my details in the system.. the last time I entered via Dublin the agent used facial recognition to pull up my profile so they know who I am! 

I'm in a very similar situation. Submitted in October, been on J1 visas for 5 years, and received my I-693 deficiency letter yesterday. That was my first communication from them since receiving my 797 in November. Hopefully we both get some good news soon! I need my EAD 😕

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ireland
Timeline
26 minutes ago, DrPearson said:

I'm in a very similar situation. Submitted in October, been on J1 visas for 5 years, and received my I-693 deficiency letter yesterday. That was my first communication from them since receiving my 797 in November. Hopefully we both get some good news soon! I need my EAD 😕

Oh wow yes we are in a very similar position! I also need my EAD, the visa I am on is expiring at the end of this month so going to be out of work until I get the EAD. I am hoping that since we got the deficiency letter, they have reviewed our case and it is now being passed off to the local field office for scheduling of interview.. 

I will keep you posed if I hear anything on my end! Fingers crossed. 

On a side note, hope Ireland win the rugby this weekend :) 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

From what I’ve seen, you’re more likely to get biometrics waived if you’ve previously had them done within the US. For instance, I’ve seen a few DACA holders adjusting through marriage getting their bios waived.

09/25/20: AOS package (I-130/I-485/I-765/I-944) mailed out via USPS.

09/27/20: Package received by USPS.

10/24/20: Received NOA1 in the mail. PD is 09/28/20.

01/05/21: Biometrics appointment completed (Brooklyn ASC). Case updated to show fingerprints were taken (I-486 & I-765).

01/05/21: I-131 mailed via UPS.

01/17/21: Received IOE receipt number for I-131 via text.

01/25/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-131.

02/02/21: I-485 Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

02/04/21: Received I-693 deficiency notice in the mail (dated 01/29/21).

02/09/21: Advance Parole document was produced.

02/16/21: AP in hand.
02/26/21: New Card Is Being Produced (EAD).

03/04/21: EAD in hand.

09/01/21: EAD renewal paperwork received by USCIS. IOE receipt number.

09/07/21: Receipt / 180-day automatic extension received in the mail.

09/09/21: Received a biometrics reuse notice for I-765 renewal.

10/25/21: AP renewal NOA and biometrics reuse received in the mail.

11/04/21: Interview was scheduled for 12/02.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Ethiopia
Timeline

From what I've read and gathered so far, If you have done biometrics inside the US at an ASC (Applications Support Centers), then USCIS can choose to reuse that existing fingerprint info at their discretion. However, giving biometrics outside of the US (say at a US embassy in a foreign country) or even at a US customs checkpoint at the airport will not suffice since those are different agencies and agencies don't normally share biometrics with one another. That being said, there is no consistency or pattern with how USCIS has been handling cases esp during COVID so take all of this with a grain of salt.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Scotland
Timeline
On 3/9/2021 at 10:02 AM, gaim1989 said:

I will keep you posed if I hear anything on my end! Fingers crossed. 

On a side note, hope Ireland win the rugby this weekend :) 

Thanks, I’ll let you know as well!

I don’t really follow rugby 😬 so Ireland can win as far as I’m concerned! My football team (Rangers) are the Scottish Premiership champions so I’m pretty happy

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.