J&D1008

March 2021 K1 I-129F filers

2,472 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
4 minutes ago, Fillipe said:

What would make a background check complicated for USCIS?

Personally, my profession involves some due diligence and the worse are names of people that are match to "sanctioned individuals", but the actual sanctioned individual does not have vital information available (i.e. a known or suspect terrorist or criminal, with fairly common name in the country of origin, but to which the date of birth or country of birth is not known - those are nightmares).

My personal concern concern is that I have a country of birth that I left as a child, a country of residence for most of my life, and a third country I'm living for a few years now due to professional reasons - if they have to check me in the three countries, that would delay my case further.

I'm not sure, haha. I know the background check only applies to the petitioner (so the US citizen). The process isn't super transparent, though I wish it was :(

Pinging @OM&OL here as well, just saw your response as well.

Edited by dalindeck

I-129F Sent: 02/27/2021

NOA1: Received 03/04/2021 (backdated); notice date 03/30/2021

NOA2: 02/14/2022
NVC Case Number Received: 03/15/2022

Sent to Tokyo Embassy: 03/29/2022

Tokyo Embassy Received: 04/04/2022

Interview Date: 06/06/2022

Entered the US: Waiting

8 minutes ago, Fillipe said:

What would make a background check complicated for USCIS?

Personally, my profession involves some due diligence and the worse are names of people that are match to "sanctioned individuals", but the actual sanctioned individual does not have vital information available (i.e. a known or suspect terrorist or criminal, with fairly common name in the country of origin, but to which the date of birth or country of birth is not known - those are nightmares).

My personal concern concern is that I have a country of birth that I left as a child, a country of residence for most of my life, and a third country I'm living for a few years now due to professional reasons - if they have to check me in the three countries, that would delay my case further.

Hahaha we asked almost the same question at the same time!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline
4 minutes ago, dalindeck said:

I'm not sure, haha. I know the background check only applies to the petitioner (so the US citizen). The process isn't super transparent, though I wish it was :(

Pinging @OM&OL here as well, just saw your response as well.

Makes sense as we are supposed to provide a criminal record afterwards.

@OM&OL I hope the lack of embassy will not affect much and I'm sure they are used to it already.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
15 minutes ago, OM&OL said:

So they do the back ground checks during this stage, I wonder if the beneficiary country doesn't have a US embassy, how do they communicate with the country. I'm from Syria and as you know we have no US embassy. So I filed through Lebanon. I'm afraid I might be one of those stuck cases in the future 😕

Beneficiary country is handled solely through NVC, not USCIS, so don't worry. As an example, Belarus doesn't have a processing unit so everything's done in Warsaw. Even if you don't have Polish citizenship, your application is automatically routed, by NVC, to Warsaw. I asked previously on this forum (when we were filing I-129F) if it mattered if I wrote Minsk or Warsaw (as at the time both were closed), and the response was simply that NVC handles the rest. So you will be fine! :)

Edit: As confirmation of this, do note as well that USCIS' processing times of I-129F are the same for everyone, regardless of their country of origin. As @Fillipe said, there's a surprising amount of people needing to interview in third country embassies now, and that's handled by NVC (and even through communication with the consulate directly at times).

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

7 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

Beneficiary country is handled solely through NVC, not USCIS, so don't worry. As an example, Belarus doesn't have a processing unit so everything's done in Warsaw. Even if you don't have Polish citizenship, your application is automatically routed, by NVC, to Warsaw. I asked previously on this forum (when we were filing I-129F) if it mattered if I wrote Minsk or Warsaw (as at the time both were closed), and the response was simply that NVC handles the rest. So you will be fine! :)

Thank you so much, today I'm feeling positive that they have processed more cases than we used to see.

We hope that the keep speeding up. And we all will gather with our loved ones soon ❤. 

Edited by OM&OL

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
44 minutes ago, Boy1988 said:

Hi Guys I was wondering, why the last groups with the ???? are not included in the updates.

57000 - 0
57500 - 0
58000 - 0
58500 - 3 Approvals
59000 - 0
59500 - 0
60000 - 2 Approvals
60500 - 0 --
61000 - 2 Approvals
61500 - 5 Approvals, 3 RFEs
62000 - 10 Approvals, 9 RFEs
62500 - 5 Approvals, 1 RFE

63000 - 18 Approvals, 2 RFEs

63500 - 8 Approvals, 1 RFE

64000 - 1 Approval

64500 - 3 Approvals

65000 - ?

65500 - ?

66000 - ?

66500 - ?

67000 - ?

67500 - ?

68000 - ?

68500 - ?

69000 - ?

69500 - ?

Where can I see that information? 

14 minutes ago, Fillipe said:

Makes sense as we are supposed to provide a criminal record afterwards.

@OM&OL I hope the lack of embassy will not affect much and I'm sure they are used to it already.

Lack of embassy in Damascus doesn't affect it. They are sending the applications to Amman with no delay because of that.

5 minutes ago, Naeem67 said:

Don't let the fear eat on you. Uscis treats all people equally regarding their birth place. Im usa citizen and Syria is my birth place and i got my noa2.

I know, but you know everything in Syria is so messed up and takes forever. 

Let us stay updated with your NVC step and how it goes.

6 minutes ago, Naeem67 said:

Lack of embassy in Damascus doesn't affect it. They are sending the applications to Amman with no delay because of that.

That's perfect, thank you so much. You don't how concerned I was.

3 minutes ago, OM&OL said:

I know, but you know everything in Syria is so messed up and takes forever. 

Let us stay updated with your NVC step and how it goes.

That's perfect, thank you so much. You don't how concerned I was.

No need to be concerned and thankfully your papres are not going through syria at all, they are straight to amman. 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

Edit: As confirmation of this, do note as well that USCIS' processing times of I-129F are the same for everyone, regardless of their country of origin. As @Fillipe said, there's a surprising amount of people needing to interview in third country embassies now, and that's handled by NVC (and even through communication with the consulate directly at times).

EDIT: Misenderstood the text.

As long as NVC do not send me to my country of birth embassy, as it is different from my country of citzenship, I will be fine. 

Edited by Fillipe

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
19 minutes ago, Fillipe said:

EDIT: Misenderstood the text.

As long as NVC do not send me to my country of birth embassy, as it is different from my country of citzenship, I will be fine. 

After you get NOA2, it's probably important for you to contact NVC and see where they have it going. I was told that USCIS doesn't even look at the embassy box and that's all handled by NVC. If you have citizenship of a new country, I'd assume that's where it would be sent, as it would be a bit strange to rely on the birth country. @powerpuff, if I recall, had told me about this last year; if they wouldn't mind clarifying, how does NVC determine to which embassy people are sent? 

boggles my mind that was the first question I wrote on this forum hahaha here we are a year later!

Edited by slavaskii

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

Timeline
17 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

After you get NOA2, it's probably important for you to contact NVC and see where they have it going. I was told that USCIS doesn't even look at the embassy box and that's all handled by NVC. If you have citizenship of a new country, I'd assume that's where it would be sent, as it would be a bit strange to rely on the birth country. @powerpuff, if I recall, had told me about this last year; if they wouldn't mind clarifying, how does NVC determine to which embassy people are sent? 

boggles my mind that was the first question I wrote on this forum hahaha here we are a year later!

Thank you. Yes, I have been carefully waiting as I know I have to do it, in order to avoid further stress.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.