J&D1008

March 2021 K1 I-129F filers

2,472 posts in this topic

Was it an expedite or an Inquiry ? When you send them the form they have a wait if 2 - 3 weeks max after which they put an inquiry. I would give it a total of 4 weeks from the date you sent them the form. Also if you don't hear by then send another e-request by yourself. That has worked for many people. Good luck and keep usposted

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline
2 hours ago, Fillipe said:

That looks like the exact same response we got. Congratulations on the NOA2 approval. This process is making it feel like everyone does deserve some congratulations after moving on every step!

I haven't gotten the NOA2 approval yet :(

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline
5 minutes ago, Blynn92 said:

Decided to put in a second inquiry and this was the response that I received today. My first response back in November just was the generic, sorry we can't give you a timeframe. 

My NOA1 is March 8th. 

Screenshot_20220125-112346_Gmail.jpg

Mine didn't have a timeframe, but it did say that my case was being adjudicated. Hopefully I get an answer on mine before too long 😞

I-129F Sent: 02/27/2021

NOA1: Received 03/04/2021 (backdated); notice date 03/30/2021

NOA2: 02/14/2022
NVC Case Number Received: 03/15/2022

Sent to Tokyo Embassy: 03/29/2022

Tokyo Embassy Received: 04/04/2022

Interview Date: 06/06/2022

Entered the US: Waiting

5 minutes ago, Blynn92 said:

Decided to put in a second inquiry and this was the response that I received today. My first response back in November just was the generic, sorry we can't give you a timeframe. 

My NOA1 is March 8th. 

Screenshot_20220125-112346_Gmail.jpg

1 minute ago, Juan&Rocio said:

got this same one x 2. Just submitted an inquiry for the third time this weekend I will update with their response

Same. Got this twice, third time I got this lame response  :
"petition is assigned to an officer and under active review. While we are unable to project a specific date a decision will be rendered in your case, new correspondence can be expected shortly". This was last week. Exactly a week ago. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
Just now, starchild999 said:

Same. Got this twice, third time I got this lame response  :
"petition is assigned to an officer and under active review. While we are unable to project a specific date a decision will be rendered in your case, new correspondence can be expected shortly". This was last week. Exactly a week ago. 

that last one is exciting ! I would of got some wind under my sails with that one... Means someone is looking at it. Hopefully I get that lame response too !

1 minute ago, Juan&Rocio said:

that last one is exciting ! I would of got some wind under my sails with that one... Means someone is looking at it. Hopefully I get that lame response too !

Well I made a spread sheet based on a few cases with such a reply. If the first part says "pending further review" it takes roughy 3-5 weeks depending on the officers mood. If it says "assigned to an officer and under active review"  thats much faster 2-3 weeks max. Lets hope for the best. My senator also sent email Inquiry yest. Best of luck

On 1/22/2022 at 9:56 PM, AAoma said:

yes! I got my approval on Friday. So if you got the same response from them, you should hear some good news soon!

yes! I got my approval on Friday. So if you got the same response from them, you should hear some good news soon!

Congratulations ! Sorry I am confused was your approval on the 14th or the 21st ? Thanks ! 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
1 hour ago, starchild999 said:

Was it an expedite or an Inquiry ? When you send them the form they have a wait if 2 - 3 weeks max after which they put an inquiry. I would give it a total of 4 weeks from the date you sent them the form. Also if you don't hear by then send another e-request by yourself. That has worked for many people. Good luck and keep usposted

I don't think you can expedite i129f, it was just the immigration assistance form to release information to them. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Nicaragua
Timeline
6 hours ago, Christy&Jay said:

Ombudsman didn't send me a final response yet, but they've been working on my inquiry since the middle of December, my guess is they reached out on my behalf which lead to this approval.

Mine is March 8th and I submitted an inquiry with ombudsman a while back and they said I had to wait until it was 60 days outside of normal processing time per the table on the USCIS site. I haven’t submitted since they keep pushing the dates back so it hasn’t gotten to 60 days past processing according to the table.  Did they say anything like that to you, or did you just receive a response stating that they would look into it? 

Edited by lb119397

On 1/3/2022 at 5:11 PM, EatBulaga said:

Hello Everybody, March 5, 2021 NOA1 here.

Dec. 19, 2021, I filed the 1st inquiry for "Outside Normal Processing Times", and got back:

"Thank you for your request:
USCIS will review and process the request.
Your request ID number is XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
"

Jan. 3, 2022, I received the inquiry response:

"The status of this service request is:

On 12/19/2021, you or your representative contacted USCIS concerning your I-129F to notify us that you believe your case is outside of our normal processing time. Below is a summary of what we found and how the issue has been or may be resolved:

We regret we are unable to provide you with a specific completion date at this time.  Your case is currently with an officer for adjudication. You should receive a notice of action* within 45 business days. 

*A notice of action may be in the form of an Approval Notice, Denial Notice, Transfer Notice, Request for Evidence, or Notice of Intent to Deny.

We hope this information is helpful and appreciate your continued patience.
"

So at least they gave me a range of 45 business days for notice of action?

45 business days takes it to Mar. 8, 2022, including MLK Day and President's Day holidays, which will be over 1 year wait for NOA2? Don't know if this helps anyone with expectations?

Hey did you receive your NOA ?

15 minutes ago, starchild999 said:

Hey did you receive your NOA ?

My NOA1 was received by post office snail mail.

If you mean my "Outside Normal Processing Time" inquiry responses, I received it by email.

https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/displayONPTForm.do

I'm expecting NOA2 by post office snail mail as well?

Edited by EatBulaga

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.