J&D1008

March 2021 K1 I-129F filers

2,472 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Belarus
Timeline
13 minutes ago, TheJs said:

It was January 3rd so I have a little over a week until I can try again. 

Got the same response as you when inquiring (second time) a week later, though I also filed mid-March so that was to be somewhat anticipated. From what our charts are showing, your group is in active review. I wouldn't be all that concerned that you didn't get a 'favorable' response January 3rd; honestly, they didn't pick up speed until last week, so there probably weren't many cases assigned until then. Wish you the best of luck.

In any case, there were 47 cases touched today, the majority of which came through in the afternoon (virtually no progress made in the morning). Not sure the amount of February filers touched, though on Friday it appears about 30 of them were. That'll bring those filers to down 200 not yet reviewed. I'm still very confused as to why there's so many of them left, and a bit concerned seeing that literally every February group has people waiting. In fact, I don't think I've yet to see a single group, ever, with 0 people left. I'm shuddering at the thought and will now conveniently push that out of my mind.

50 cases on average does get us to a nice 250 per week, which would actually be enough for them to 100% the 570 - 595 groups. After they got to about 50% of the 600x (March 8 filers), they proceeded to start the 620x - the next 'big' group left until the 645x. There are about 300-400 cases between 620 and 645 but it seems like USCIS definitely hits the larger filing dates first (after all, we saw 600x get touched back in early December and routinely dominate the daily approvals - they had over 300 filers alone). I believe there's lots of high hopes for February. It seems like 47 cases is the baseline, so who knows? They did 60+ last Tuesday, anything's possible coming up... Mondays are always slow days, after all :)

Best of luck tomorrow troops! 

K-1 Visa Process: Complete 

I-129F Sent: 03/16/2021

I-129F Picked Up from Dallas Lockbox: 03/18/2021

NOA1: Received 03/17/2021 (backdated); notice date 04/08/2021

NOA2: 2/18/22 

NVC Received: 03/08/2022

NVC Case Number: 03/17/2022

Interview: 06/06/2022 —> Approved!

Wedding: 08/02/2022 🥳

AOS Process: Complete 

I-435/I-765/I-131 Sent: 08/09/2022

I-435/I-765/I-131 Picked up from Chicago PO Box: 08/10/2022

Priority Date: 08/10/2022 (NBC)

I-864 RFE: 08/25/2022

Biometrics: 09/08/2022 

Active Reviews: 09/08/2022 (EAD), 09/09/2022 (AOS)

RFE Response Sent: 09/15/2022

EAD / AP Approval: 06/06/2023 (approval notice in portal, no status update)

I-485 Approval: 04/19/2024 🥳

5 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

Got the same response as you when inquiring (second time) a week later, though I also filed mid-March so that was to be somewhat anticipated. From what our charts are showing, your group is in active review. I wouldn't be all that concerned that you didn't get a 'favorable' response January 3rd; honestly, they didn't pick up speed until last week, so there probably weren't many cases assigned until then. Wish you the best of luck.

In any case, there were 47 cases touched today, the majority of which came through in the afternoon (virtually no progress made in the morning). Not sure the amount of February filers touched, though on Friday it appears about 30 of them were. That'll bring those filers to down 200 not yet reviewed. I'm still very confused as to why there's so many of them left, and a bit concerned seeing that literally every February group has people waiting. In fact, I don't think I've yet to see a single group, ever, with 0 people left. I'm shuddering at the thought and will now conveniently push that out of my mind.

50 cases on average does get us to a nice 250 per week, which would actually be enough for them to 100% the 570 - 595 groups. After they got to about 50% of the 600x (March 8 filers), they proceeded to start the 620x - the next 'big' group left until the 645x. There are about 300-400 cases between 620 and 645 but it seems like USCIS definitely hits the larger filing dates first (after all, we saw 600x get touched back in early December and routinely dominate the daily approvals - they had over 300 filers alone). I believe there's lots of high hopes for February. It seems like 47 cases is the baseline, so who knows? They did 60+ last Tuesday, anything's possible coming up... Mondays are always slow days, after all :)

Thank you for this! Yes the “group” of WAC numbers I’m in (61xxx) has been hit heavily the last week. But now literally all the numbers surrounding me have been processed except mine 😅 it honestly baffles me how there are still January/February 2021 cases waiting too. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
6 hours ago, I129f49619 said:

I sent my Immigration assistance request with my Congressional office on 12/21 but still haven't heard anything back. Also haven't been able to get through to their offices. Can someone tell me how long it's taken them to hear back after submitting a Congressional request? 

Any help on this? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
27 minutes ago, slavaskii said:

Well thats motivating. I am in the 622xxx group can you tell me anything about this group I dont know where to include myself because I am somewhere between 62000 and 6500. Thanks !!

It's definitely been a beating of suspense and confusion during this long drawn out process of March K1 filers. We are March 8th with a 635XX number and by looking at the shared spreadsheet it just worries me that we have somehow been passed over. We have submitted 2 inquiries plus 1 congressional with the same generic reply given. Just also venting my frustration 😞but I do greatly appreciate the indepth information shared on the spreadsheet.  It keeps me hopeful of some good news 

Timeline
21 minutes ago, I129f49619 said:

Any help on this? 

Sure; your Congressman should get back within 4-6 weeks with an update from the Congressional Liaison at the CSC. They provide vague information, too, but they can also let you know what's going on with processing generally and give you an overall idea of what to expect. Not sure if they can give you more information once your case is actually assigned. Congressional inquiries don't speed up your case, necessarily, though the Ombudsman does specifically inquire if you've tried that route, lending credibility to such inquiries actually carrying more weight. I personally think they're a great resource. 

3 minutes ago, Juan&Rocio said:

Well thats motivating. I am in the 622xxx group can you tell me anything about this group I dont know where to include myself because I am somewhere between 62000 and 6500. Thanks !!

I'm sorry, do you mean you're between 620x and 625x? If you're somewhere around there, then you guys are now in consideration and are getting more attention! There's about 190 filers in that group still waiting to be adjudicated, so there's no timeframe we can really provide (plus, remember too they're not going to 100% that group before continuing onwards - they never do). Just know your group will be getting lots of love soon, and keep checking back with us for the updates :)

Timeline
5 minutes ago, Re Mo said:

It's definitely been a beating of suspense and confusion during this long drawn out process of March K1 filers. We are March 8th with a 635XX number and by looking at the shared spreadsheet it just worries me that we have somehow been passed over. We have submitted 2 inquiries plus 1 congressional with the same generic reply given. Just also venting my frustration 😞but I do greatly appreciate the indepth information shared on the spreadsheet.  It keeps me hopeful of some good news 

I don't think at all you should worry about being passed over, 635x still hasn't gotten much consideration, even though most March 8 filers were like 600x if I recall correctly. There were lots of delays at the lockbox when we filed, I think literally only beginning of March were things sorted out. I've seen some really, really strange things with the WAC numbers on CaseTracker; I think there's a whole group of March 23 filers that are like 580x or something. I wouldn't worry about anything honestly... including denials, they're only 35% done with March and the majority of us seem to have filed early-mid. Hoping for good news for you soon!

On 12/9/2021 at 10:44 AM, Zzdem said:

So I got a inquire response today even tho the expected response was suppose to be on the 19th of Dec  anyways this was the response I received seems generic but you guys can let me know “ According to our records, your Form I-129F petition is pending further review. While we are unable to project a specific date a decision will be rendered in your case, new correspondence can be expected shortly.” Has anyone received this response ? 

Any updates on your case ??

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
1 hour ago, slavaskii said:

Sure; your Congressman should get back within 4-6 weeks with an update from the Congressional Liaison at the CSC. They provide vague information, too, but they can also let you know what's going on with processing generally and give you an overall idea of what to expect. Not sure if they can give you more information once your case is actually assigned. Congressional inquiries don't speed up your case, necessarily, though the Ombudsman does specifically inquire if you've tried that route, lending credibility to such inquiries actually carrying more weight. I personally think they're a great resource. 

I'm sorry, do you mean you're between 620x and 625x? If you're somewhere around there, then you guys are now in consideration and are getting more attention! There's about 190 filers in that group still waiting to be adjudicated, so there's no timeframe we can really provide (plus, remember too they're not going to 100% that group before continuing onwards - they never do). Just know your group will be getting lots of love soon, and keep checking back with us for the updates :)

Yea I’m in that group !! Thanks !!! This brought some excitement to my night … 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Jamaica
Timeline
21 minutes ago, starchild999 said:

Any updates on your case ??

Hey no update as yet , we sent another inquire couple days ago so just waiting on what they have to say next ✊🏾

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Im a 3/17 filer and someone in my group got approved yesterday! I'm in 64000 - does that mean that group has been assigned to an adjudicator? I was told my case was assigned to someone back in late November, but I got a generic response to my inquiry yesterday saying they cannot give me a timeframe of when it will be reviewed.  I am still waiting on my callback from the T2 rep, the last one I spoke with specifically told me not to file an expedite request because my cause was assigned for adjudication on 11/23/21.  So I did not file one, but now I am not sure based on the response from my inquiry I submitted on 1/20/22.  

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

I just got my approval yesterday... no RFE, NOA1 March 4th. For those of you who are still receiving generic responses to inquiries that makes it seem like your case is not assigned, I would disregard because both of the responses to my inquiries were the same. And I actually thought that my case was not even asigned yet. It turns out that was not the case. I also submitted my last inquiry with Ombudsman, that might've been the change that accelerated my approval.

1 hour ago, Emily&Tikko said:

Im a 3/17 filer and someone in my group got approved yesterday! I'm in 64000 - does that mean that group has been assigned to an adjudicator? I was told my case was assigned to someone back in late November, but I got a generic response to my inquiry yesterday saying they cannot give me a timeframe of when it will be reviewed.  I am still waiting on my callback from the T2 rep, the last one I spoke with specifically told me not to file an expedite request because my cause was assigned for adjudication on 11/23/21.  So I did not file one, but now I am not sure based on the response from my inquiry I submitted on 1/20/22.  

Can you copy paste your exact response? Mine was :petition is assigned to an officer and under active review. While we are unable to project a specific date a decision will be rendered in your case, newcorrespondence can be expected shortly.

3 minutes ago, Christy&Jay said:

I just got my approval yesterday... no RFE, NOA1 March 4th. For those of you who are still receiving generic responses to inquiries that makes it seem like your case is not assigned, I would disregard because both of the responses to my inquiries were the same. And I actually thought that my case was not even asigned yet. It turns out that was not the case. I also submitted my last inquiry with Ombudsman, that might've been the change that accelerated my approval.

Hey congratulations! Did ombudsman ended up contacting USCIS ? If so how many days did it take after that ?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.