GregandNatty

Biden Could Fix the Logjam If He Wanted To

64 posts in this topic

Just now, Boiler said:

Obviously I did, this would be big news and I found nothing.

I didn't say it was official. I said he ordered USCIS to make significant headway on the logjam. He also is working a bill that will help. That's what you can you can Google.  He can't simply make a phone call and everything is done. Sorry that's not reality. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Bill? Now I certainly do not keep track of everything. Just surprised with a forum full of people seriously interested in this subject nobody has mentioned it.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
7 minutes ago, Ben52580 said:

I didn't say it was official. I said he ordered USCIS to make significant headway on the logjam. He also is working a bill that will help. That's what you can you can Google.  He can't simply make a phone call and everything is done. Sorry that's not reality. 

Biden has put forth a proposal that would direct the government to clear work VISA backlog, not all backlogs:  https://www.eb5daily.com/2021/01/biden-immigration-bill-proposes-clearing-visa-backlogs/

This proposal is FAR from becoming the law of the land. 

Edited by GregandNatty

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Uganda
Timeline
48 minutes ago, Ben52580 said:

Listen, there is nothing that I'd want more than to see Biden fix the quagmire that's going on right now.  I don't like living in another country from my wife -- I want to be with her.  It's been nearly 2 years since we filed our I-130 and there is still no end in sight.

Quite frankly, the only thing it seems Biden has done immigration wise so far is help illegals.   I see little, if any, evidence that he's doing anything to help us who are doing immigration legally.

Yes, Biden could very likely fix some this with a phone call.  He could pick up the phone and call Antony J. Blinken, Secretary of State, and say:  Hey Tony, I need you to do something about what's going on with interviews at our embassies.  These interviews are just happening entirely too slow -- we need to do better.  I'd like you to prioritize processing of family related VISAs because we here in the US care about our families.   Please get back to me as soon as you have a plan to make it happen.

Since President Biden is Antony Blinken's boss,  Blinken would have to actually do what Biden asked him to do.  Don't you have to do what your boss asks you to do?    

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.