royle

K-1 for Forever waiting....

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Please ,I need advise from someone who could enlighten me and my fiancee regarding our K-1 petition problem..I had been interviewed after my medical exam (first) by U.S. embassy last january 2007,then another by FPU on the last week of february..I was totally surprised why I was subjected to such scrutiny..in the end I was told that someone made a complain about me about having a child or fathering a child from someone..I explained everything about the acussation and the truthfullness of the child, because I am not really aware of such child and the woman's questionable character ( so sorry if I cannot elaborate further the detail on her character)...Something that has made both of us suffer till this date ..Until today we haven't received anything or a clear path as to where this relationship will lead us.( they will just say for further review).I am just so glad that she continously wait patiently and find solution to end all this ..I am soliciting any advise to help us ease or formulate something of good solution to our problem...

Note...We are on our late 40's,,spending more time in waiting is something that we cannot afford icon7.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Taiwan
Timeline

I read on another forum things like this happening in china, someone accuses you of something and it delays you. try having your fiancee, i'm guessing he's the us citizen? contact the embassy and explain your situation truthfully, i've read that it worked one time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline
Please ,I need advise from someone who could enlighten me and my fiancee regarding our K-1 petition problem..I had been interviewed after my medical exam (first) by U.S. embassy last january 2007,then another by FPU on the last week of february..I was totally surprised why I was subjected to such scrutiny..in the end I was told that someone made a complain about me about having a child or fathering a child from someone..I explained everything about the acussation and the truthfullness of the child, because I am not really aware of such child and the woman's questionable character ( so sorry if I cannot elaborate further the detail on her character)...Something that has made both of us suffer till this date ..Until today we haven't received anything or a clear path as to where this relationship will lead us.( they will just say for further review).I am just so glad that she continously wait patiently and find solution to end all this ..I am soliciting any advise to help us ease or formulate something of good solution to our problem...

Note...We are on our late 40's,,spending more time in waiting is something that we cannot afford icon7.gif

You should include ALL the details. Not that most of us are nosey bastards. But it will give those of us willing to offer help, a better picture to actually offer help in your situation. ;)

Joseph

us.jpgKarolina

AOS application received Chicago - 11/12/2007

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Then I guess your relationship is over.

Now that I have your attention... :yes:... let's get back to reality. Spending more time in waiting is exactly what you are going to do, no matter what else you do. Right now, there is nothing at all you can do until they finish whatever additional review and processing they deem necessary based on the complaint they have. There is not a single thing you can do for at least three months that has a chance of speeding their decision. After that, the petitioner has an outside chance of accomplishing something through a Senator or Congressional Representative. The chances of a politician actually making a difference would depend on the circumstances. They are probably slim at best, but since you haven't disclosed the circumstances, it's anybody's guess.

If you have a child you are not supporting, then before you obtain a visa with immigrant intent to the US, you are going to have to satisfy the Consulate, you've made appropriate arrangements to meet your support obligation. The character of the mother is not going the change that. So, if you fathered the child, I advise you to make the arrangements needed for the child's support. You can do that now.

Edited by pushbrk

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Now that I have your attention... :yes: ... let's get back to reality. Spending more time in waiting is exactly what you are going to do, no matter what else you do. Right now, there is nothing at all you can do until they finish whatever additional review and processing they deem necessary based on the complaint they have. There is not a single thing you can do for at least three months that has a chance of speeding their decision. After that, the petitioner has an outside chance of accomplishing something through a Senator or Congressional Representative. The chances of a politician actually making a difference would depend on the circumstances. They are probably slim at best, but since you haven't disclosed the circumstances, it's anybody's guess.

If you have a child you are not supporting, then before you obtain a visa with immigrant intent to the US, you are going to have to satisfy the Consulate, you've made appropriate arrangements to meet your support obligation. The character of the mother is not going the change that. So, if you fathered the child, I advise you to make the arrangements needed for the child's support. You can do that now.

Thank you very much for the advised and time you have spent over our problem

First clarification is that this woman that we are reffering practiced PAY PER USE system,she already has previous child from also unknown recipient and some other aborted case...I know I have a fault on using this kind of services .but what can I do ,,I met this woman prior to meeting my fiance...and we have already argued,explained in detail to her everything.including my no no knowledge of the child..I already learn on this when her family traced back my past .I know that this something personnal,but I together with her both totally lost,including our plan...I am not running away from any obligation ,especially fathering a child (why would I? at this age) but my only concern is ..am I the real father???? For heavens sake I really dont know ...This is the issue that haunts both of us ,including the future of our relationship...I am no saint

Timeline

Now that I have your attention... :yes: ... let's get back to reality. Spending more time in waiting is exactly what you are going to do, no matter what else you do. Right now, there is nothing at all you can do until they finish whatever additional review and processing they deem necessary based on the complaint they have. There is not a single thing you can do for at least three months that has a chance of speeding their decision. After that, the petitioner has an outside chance of accomplishing something through a Senator or Congressional Representative. The chances of a politician actually making a difference would depend on the circumstances. They are probably slim at best, but since you haven't disclosed the circumstances, it's anybody's guess.

First clarification is that this woman that we are reffering practiced PAY PER USE system,she already has previous child from also unknown recipient and some other aborted case...I know I have a fault on using this kind of services .but what can I do ,,I met this woman prior to meeting my fiance...and we have already argued,explained in detail to her everything.including my no no knowledge of the child..I already learn on this when her family traced back my past .I know that this something personnal,but I together with her both totally lost,including our plan...I am not running away from any obligation ,especially fathering a child (why would I? at this age) but my only concern is ..am I the real father???? For heavens sake I really dont know ...This is the issue that haunts both of us ,including the future of our relationship...I am no saint

Far be it from me to judge you. The practical matter is that the question of fatherhood may well need to be resolved before you get your visa. That's why I started with the word "if". If fatherhood is in question, then you could proactively go to the trouble to find out. Then based on the result, take appropriate action.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

You could take a paternity test to verify if the child is yours. If the child is not yours you have documented proof for the consulate when they complete their review. If you are then you should arrange to show that you will provide support for the child until the child is an adult.

Good luck :thumbs:

AOS

Filled : 2007-09-17

NOA : 2007-09-25

Biometrics : 2007-12-13

EAD card prod : 2007-12-13

Job Offer : 2007-12-18

EAD card prod : 2007-12-18

EAD approved mailed : 2007-12-21

EAD in Hand : 2007-12-24 (Awesome Christmas Present)

Applied for SSN : 2007-12-26

SSN arrives in mail : 2008-01-05 (Happy New Year)

Start work :2008-01-15

Timeline

You could take a paternity test to verify if the child is yours. If the child is not yours you have documented proof for the consulate when they complete their review. If you are then you should arrange to show that you will provide support for the child until the child is an adult.

Good luck :thumbs:

Pretty simple stuff, huh? :yes:

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.