jadmac

A few questions - Spouse visa progress

27 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Laud said:

Interesting. Don't think I've come across that. Can you link me to that site?

I do think 7 months would be extremely optimistic (though who knows?!) so planning a visit seems a good idea. Good luck!

That's the problem, it's so convoluted - I still don't know what the forms are called and can't cite them from memory. I have no interest in doing so either! lol.

You've also got tonnes of stories creating confusion, it's very difficult to judge time wise e.g. throw away comments like  "If you're from a first world nation like the UK" it should be faster. I don't know if there's ay truth to comments like this, but they certainly make me feel better. 

This is the website: https://egov.uscis.gov/processing-times/

You will see that there are huge differences in the timelines depending on the location? (And I've no idea why this text is being underlined). 

Where are you from and where did you get married? I'm near Manchester and will be moving to Tennessee eventually. 

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline
1 hour ago, jadmac said:

That's the problem, it's so convoluted - I still don't know what the forms are called and can't cite them from memory. I have no interest in doing so either! lol.

You've also got tonnes of stories creating confusion, it's very difficult to judge time wise e.g. throw away comments like  "If you're from a first world nation like the UK" it should be faster. I don't know if there's ay truth to comments like this, but they certainly make me feel better. 

You will see that there are huge differences in the timelines depending on the location? (And I've no idea why this text is being underlined). 

Where are you from and where did you get married? I'm near Manchester and will be moving to Tennessee eventually. 

your country only matters when you're waiting for an interview and your waiting period will depend on the backlog of the Consulate, so you have to reach out to people who are waiting for an interview in London

Service Center: Texas Service Center SRC

Consulate: Juarez, Mexico

I-130 NOA1: 2019/03/21

I-130 NOA2: 2019/09/17

NVC DQ: 2020/01/21

Visa Approved: 2021/07/01

2 hours ago, jadmac said:

Covid is holding us up but got a marriage date at the start of April and ready to file the I130 jmmediately after so we are few months behind your timeline.

We're live in Yorkshire and are lucky enough to not have to got long distance for the process!

You should check out the UK section of this forum. Lots of people are posting at the moment as they finish the process which will give you your best estimate for time.

6 hours ago, jadmac said:

In addition, COVID-19 makes things even more complicated?

There's been a few changes. Like the bolded part on Page 1 about not doing online check-in for the flight. When someone checks in online, CBP cancels the ESTA since CBP (wrongly) assumes that the traveler is subject to the direct travel restriction. Also you have to carry proof of being exempt to the direct travel restriction, as they won't simply take your word for it. Here is the Presidential Proclamation section of exempt individuals: https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2021/01/28/2021-02024/suspension-of-entry-as-immigrants-and-nonimmigrants-of-certain-additional-persons-who-pose-a-risk-of

Section 1 of this proclamation shall not apply to:

(i) any lawful permanent resident of the United States;

(ii) any noncitizen national of the United States;

(iii) any noncitizen who is the spouse of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident;

(iv) any noncitizen who is the parent or legal guardian of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that the U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident is unmarried and under the age of 21;

(v) any noncitizen who is the sibling of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, provided that both are unmarried and under the age of 21;

(vi) any noncitizen who is the child, foster child, or ward of a U.S. citizen or lawful permanent resident, or who is a prospective adoptee seeking to enter the United States pursuant to the IR-4 or IH-4 visa classifications;

(vii) any noncitizen traveling at the invitation of the United States Government for a purpose related to containment or mitigation of the virus;

(viii) any noncitizen traveling as a nonimmigrant pursuant to a C-1, D, or C-1/D nonimmigrant visa as a crewmember or any noncitizen otherwise traveling to the United States as air or sea crew;

(ix) any noncitizen

(A) seeking entry into or transiting the United States pursuant to one of the following visas: A-1, A-2, C-2, C-3 (as a foreign government official or immediate family member of an official), E-1 (as an employee of TECRO or TECO or the employee's immediate family members), G-1, G-2, G-3, G-4, NATO-1 through NATO-4, or NATO-6 (or seeking to enter as a nonimmigrant in one of those NATO categories); or

(B) whose travel falls within the scope of section 11 of the United Nations Headquarters Agreement;

(x) any noncitizen who is a member of the U.S. Armed Forces and any noncitizen who is a spouse or child of a member of the U.S. Armed Forces;

(xi) any noncitizen whose entry would further important United States law enforcement objectives, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their respective designees, based on a recommendation of the Attorney General or his designee; or

(xii) any noncitizen whose entry would be in the national interest, as determined by the Secretary of State, the Secretary of Homeland Security, or their designees.

You'll also need "proof of a negative COVID-19 test or documentation of having recovered from COVID-19" https://www.cdc.gov/quarantine/fr-proof-negative-test.html

Edited by HRQX

My Priority date from Potomac was 1/17/20 I got approved in August 2020, the others who have similar PD's were not approved until last month. So it took them a year. They are currently working on applications from Feb 2020.There is a fb group of people who were sent to Potomac who up date their PD and when they are approved. It's called I-130 Petition filers. Hope that helps.😀

12 hours ago, jadmac said:

My US spouse filed the application for a spouse visa at the beginning of this month and recieved a receipt one a week later (at Nebraska). 

I'm in the UK, so just curious to what the next steps are and estimated timelines? 

In addition, what's the prospects like for visiting the US in the meantime? 

I lived in UK and I visited my husband with no issues during CR1, I was sent once to secondary questioning but I always had letter from my employer, marriage certificate etc, many people panic really for no reason if you dont intend to stay and have a flight back booked you will be fine. 

14 hours ago, jadmac said:

You would assume they'd have them on a database after the first time though?

Well yeah, but they compare them to make sure they match....

On 1/17/2021 at 5:11 AM, Tinkertoy said:

Got my social security card after 58days and green card after 90days since I arrived to the US (SFO).

Here’s some information and timeline for your reference, hoping it gives you some general ideas :)  CR1-

26 Sep USCIS status: Payment received

18 Oct  Date of Entry (SFO)

25 Nov Appointment at local social security 

15 Dec Got Social security card

11 Jan Ordered producing green card

14 Jan Mailed card

16 Jan Got green card 

** for my social security card, They didn’t send it to me within 3weeks, so I called and they asked me to fax an application form (SS-5) and my CR1 visa to them, later on they scheduled an appointment for me to apply it at the local social security office in person.

hoping the information would be helpful for you guys :) 

thanks!!

I applied October 21 2020 and got approved Jan 29 2021. I have zero idea why it was so fast. I had Nebraska and my spouse is in Costa Rica.

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 11, 2023

Package Delivered - January 13, 2023

NOA Received Dated - January 13, 2023

NOA Notice Date - January 18, 2023

1 hour ago, jadmac said:

You completed the full process within that time frame? Medical, interview - the lot? 

My bad, I meant to get the I-130 approved. Right now I'm DQ just waiting on interview. 

Removal of Conditions:

File Date - January 11, 2023

Package Delivered - January 13, 2023

NOA Received Dated - January 13, 2023

NOA Notice Date - January 18, 2023

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.