spikes746

January 2021 Filers - AOS

152 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Guatemala
Timeline

UPDATE

Hello guys.
2021 AOS from B2 visa marriage based, Baltimore ASC. 

01/04/2021: Sent packet via USPS
01/07/2021: Chicago Lockbox received the packet
01/13/2021: Received text messages for all forms (I-130, I-765, I-131, I-485) and CC charged for $1225.00 and $535.00
01/15/2021: Received all letters in the mail and used I-485 to get a drivers license at the MVA. (worked just fine)
01/30/2021: Received Biometrics appointment letter.
02/26/2021: Biometrics done and case was updated to "Show fingerprints were taken".
04/16/2021: Expedite request (Job Offer) & requested a tier 2 officer call back. Got email to send fax on the same day & faxed everything as well.
04/26/2021: Tier 2 officer called and confirmed they had received the fax.
04/27/2021: EAD and AP approved. New card is being produced. SAME DAY.
04/28/2021: Deficiency for I-693.
04/29/2021: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.
05/01/2021: EAD&AP (Combo card) on HAND!
05/03/2021: SSN card on hand!
08/18/2021: Interview approved. I-485 & I-130 approved. New card is being produced. Same day.
Total: 223 days.

Very fast!! Hang in there guys
Hope this will help all of you.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi all,

Submitted for marriages based AOS and Portland is nearest field office. Case was received Jan 12, 2021. No biometrics yet. We tried to do an expedite in April 12 for EAD using the reason of financial loss. Nothing came out of it and it still says Expedite Request Received in the online status.

I'm moving to North Carolina soon and submitted an address change. I have not received a confirmation regarding that either.

Lost my job in early July after my F1 expired.

I feel very stuck and am scared that my application has been lost. What can I do? Does anyone know what next steps if any I can take to get my biometrics?

Edited by rainypetrichor

2 hours ago, rainypetrichor said:

Hi all,

Submitted for marriages based AOS and Portland is nearest field office. Case was received Jan 12, 2021. No biometrics yet. We tried to do an expedite in April 12 for EAD using the reason of financial loss. Nothing came out of it and it still says Expedite Request Received in the online status.

I'm moving to North Carolina soon and submitted an address change. I have not received a confirmation regarding that either.

Lost my job in early July after my F1 expired.

I feel very stuck and am scared that my application has been lost. What can I do? Does anyone know what next steps if any I can take to get my biometrics?

I would chat with an agent to see what's going on your expedite  but realize that if your bio is scheduled now it might be in NC. You can also find from the agent if your address has been corrected. 

Hello, 

I submitted my document in late January 2021 and the document was received on Feb 2. 

We received an RFE in May and submitted the document in June. I recently received the deficiency letter for i-693 but I have yet to receive my biometrics. Is there anything that I can do to expedite the biometrics? Does the RFE affect my biometrics? our documents are at NBC

Timeline: 

1/29: document submitted 

3/1: received case numbers  

5/12: RFE received 

6/18: USCIS received our RFE 

8/5: deficiency letter for medical check up received. 

Thank you in advance for your help! 

29 minutes ago, thymepls said:

Is there anything that I can do to expedite the biometrics? Does the RFE affect my biometrics?

It may have but no telling. Requesting a GC expedite seems to kick off the biometrics. 

1 minute ago, thymepls said:

Actually, I just checked with Emma and it looks like my biometric’s been scheduled!! We tried to request for an expedite last month but it was just denied today. 

Because you didn't have bio done which may be why it's scheduled now. After bio is done you can request expedite again.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline
23 hours ago, Skyman said:

I would chat with an agent to see what's going on your expedite  but realize that if your bio is scheduled now it might be in NC. You can also find from the agent if your address has been corrected. 

Chatted and apparently only the I-485 changed address. So had to resubmit a change of address for 765 and 131. USCIS is such a mess. 

As of August 23, 2021, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number XXXXXXX for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

I just logged in to find this! Still no EAD even though the status says this now. How long can I expect to wait for this notice for an interview and why would I still not have EAD but my case be ready for an interview?

1 hour ago, spikes746 said:

As of August 23, 2021, we are ready to schedule your Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, Receipt Number XXXXXXX for an interview. We will schedule your interview and send you a notice. Please follow any instructions in the notice.

I just logged in to find this! Still no EAD even though the status says this now. How long can I expect to wait for this notice for an interview and why would I still not have EAD but my case be ready for an interview?

Case history also doesn't mention biometrics being taken on August 10th. It just went straight to this.

Edited by spikes746

8 hours ago, spikes746 said:

Nothing on my account either but agent told me. It's about 5 weeks from the status change for me.

3 minutes ago, Skyman said:

Nothing on my account either but agent told me. It's about 5 weeks from the status change for me.

How long did it take to receive your interview appointment letter?

3 hours ago, spikes746 said:

Not yet. Was supposed to be sent the 20th.

On 8/25/2021 at 1:56 PM, spikes746 said:

About 10 days.

3 hours ago, thymepls said:

Hi guys. I mentioned last week that I chatted with a live agent that said my biometrics has been scheduled. Today I talked to another live chat agent to verify and they said my biometrics hasnt actually been scheduled. I’m confused as to which one is correct.

What's it say online?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.