spikes746

January 2021 Filers - AOS

152 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
On 4/30/2021 at 8:54 AM, Christian Alvarad said:

UPDATE

04/29/2021: Case is ready to be scheduled for an interview.

Hello would like to ask if you need to provide a medical record for the interview?

I would like to know because I will be processing my mom’s concurrent filling too. Thank you

On 4/30/2021 at 8:54 AM, Christian Alvarad said:

Should I be concerned that I havent got my biometrics letter?

The I-485 NOA letter states, "If we determine you must submit biometrics, we will mail you a biometrics appointment notice"

But I cant see what would differentiate me from everyone else here to mean that I wouldnt need biometrics

Edited by spikes746

4 hours ago, spikes746 said:

Should I be concerned that I havent got my biometrics letter?

The I-485 NOA letter states, "If we determine you must submit biometrics, we will mail you a biometrics appointment notice"

But I cant see what would differentiate me from everyone else here to mean that I wouldnt need biometrics

I'm pretty sure everyone has to do that at least once. So most likely you will have to unless you have done them previously for something else . My wife did them February 2020 for her B-2 renewal so I'm hoping that is good enough.  I'd be quite surprised if her finger prints have changed in that time. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Still have not got the biometrics letter over here either :((. I wonder what their process of elimination for AOS is like, I see some who have everything done within a few months and then others where it's taking a long time. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

AOS package sent on Jan 30th. Had my biometrics on May 3rd and filed an expedite request on the 5th for financial loss linked to a job offer. On the 16th they asked me to fax evidence and now I am waiting for the result so I get my EAD.

29 minutes ago, Cristina280390 said:

AOS package sent on Jan 30th. Had my biometrics on May 3rd and filed an expedite request on the 5th for financial loss linked to a job offer. On the 16th they asked me to fax evidence and now I am waiting for the result so I get my EAD.

Did you status change to fingerprints taken on the 5th or did you just wait the 2 days for good measure?

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

I have tried different times to request an expedite but it seems that all the people to whom I have talk to are not willing to help me as my bios have not been done yet. 

Frankly, I think that the USCIS rep on live chat and phone do not have any clue about how are the cases proceeding. Many of them ask me whether my bios were scheduled or not.....so I think that they do not see anything (or they do not want to).

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

I tried expediting back in April personally and through my Representative, and I got denied saying my case was on hold until biometrics. I got my biometrics done on Monday 3rd and I called to expedite the very next day. I also contacted the Rep again and they filed an expedite on my behalf, the system registered that on Wed 5th they received it.

Still nothing on biometrics received. I did an email contact form with their help system and have received nothing back yet.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It's now June.. And still no biometrics letter received here.. This is really taking forever 😢

It must be the pandemic. When I applied for mine AOS about 7 years ago, I got my biometric letter in about a month. 

Edited by js0622

21 hours ago, js0622 said:

It's now June.. And still no biometrics letter received here.. This is really taking forever 😢

It must be the pandemic. When I applied for mine AOS about 7 years ago, I got my biometric letter in about a month. 

Its ridiculous, especially feels frustrating if you have spent the last 10 months in a state that reopened last summer. Makes me wonder how many months it'll be till we get employment authorization too, It sucks not being able to work.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 6/5/2021 at 7:25 AM, spikes746 said:

Its ridiculous, especially feels frustrating if you have spent the last 10 months in a state that reopened last summer. Makes me wonder how many months it'll be till we get employment authorization too, It sucks not being able to work.

It is crazy! I just feel good knowing that other people who applied in the same month are pretty much in my same situation. I have been separated from now husband for 10 months due to the pandemic and the conculates unable to resume the k1 visa process...and now this....

Filed: H-2B Visa Country: Lithuania
Timeline

We also have not received our biometrics letter!

Our case (AoS from H2B) was received on Jan 11th, and we tried calling two days ago.

The first agent said that biometrics were being waived more regularly. He couldn't tell us if my husband's was being waived or not, but he did say the current EAD timeline is 9-11 months.

This sounded so preposterous to me!! So I made my husband call back to see if we could try expediting. The second agent was a lot less chatty. We simply asked if we could expedite and she asked us for what reason (she read off a list of 7 reasons?), we said financial hardship (I am a grad student and can only rely on student loans and generosity of my parents for so long!), and then she gave us a reference number starting with T1M and ending with MSC... The whole conversation lasted about 5 minutes, it sounded like she read from a script, but I appreciated how straightforward it was.

Judging by other comments, it sounds like the biometrics were indeed waived if we were able to expedite? And does anyone know how to track the reference number for the expedite request?

Thank you so much!!! Hoping everyone hears good news (or some news!) soon!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.