spikes746

January 2021 Filers - AOS

152 posts in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, 

My interview is scheduled for December 6 and I am planning to go back to my home country with my husband during the holidays. Our attorney mentioned that we have to ask for the immigration officer to stamp my passport since it is unlikely that we will get my physical green card in December. I am very worried that I won’t be able to go home since my husband doesn’t have a lot of time off, can anyone advise me what would be the best thing to do? Should I just postpone my interview?

thank you so much!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
2 hours ago, thymepls said:

Hi everyone, 

My interview is scheduled for December 6 and I am planning to go back to my home country with my husband during the holidays. Our attorney mentioned that we have to ask for the immigration officer to stamp my passport since it is unlikely that we will get my physical green card in December. I am very worried that I won’t be able to go home since my husband doesn’t have a lot of time off, can anyone advise me what would be the best thing to do? Should I just postpone my interview?

thank you so much!

You can use Advanced Parole

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

You do not have a GC until you get it

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

• 1 month later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/11/2021 at 12:36 PM, christophec said:

My dad I485 was approved yesterday, and green card is in production, without interview.

Waiting on mom now, I130 was approved two weeks ago

Came across your post here. Wow so your father wasn't required to have an interview? I applied for both of my parents last January and waiting for the next step now which is the interview. But I had no idea they approve some cases without an interview! 

Edited by js0622

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: EB-2 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline
6 hours ago, js0622 said:

Hello everyone! 

So had everyone here who filed in January or last year already got approved? 

My wife and I are still waiting for an interview. We did receive EAD in June and we started the renewal for that this month. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline
6 hours ago, js0622 said:

Hello everyone! 

So had everyone here who filed in January or last year already got approved? 

Awating for Interview since July 2021, same month I received EAD/AP. My EAD is valid until July 2023, so I feel like its a temporary GC since I get to live the same way as I would with a GC (maybe also because I already had a SSN from a work and travel trip I did 10 years ago, unrelated to my marriage). I travelled back home over the holidays and it was fine, although they did take me to the back room for further questions at customs, but I was just transparent about my current immigrations process and then they stamped by passport and that was it.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: F-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Received EAD/AP combo card back in September. Still have not been scheduled for an interview at the Raleigh office. This waiting game is so annoying

F2A here

petitioner is GC holder

priority date Jan 26th 2021

Originally we applied for consular processing but due to pregnancy while visiting US, we changed it to AOS.

we had interview on 1st week of Jan 2022 n interview went well But the officer couldnt locate our i-130 record on file. i showed the the notice of i-130 approval but they need i-130 file.
Therefore the officer couldnt approve our case on the spot.

USCIS clerk has to request our i-130 to be send back from the embassy to uscis.

does anyone know how long does it take to request and send back i-130 from embassy to uscis?

thanks

On 2/7/2022 at 3:45 PM, rainypetrichor said:

Received EAD/AP combo card back in September. Still have not been scheduled for an interview at the Raleigh office. This waiting game is so annoying

Raleigh office is taking forever to schedule interviews. I don't know why.

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.