NRobinson

CR-1 Approved using Foreign Income & Assets

7 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Just sharing some good news and my timeline.

Had my interview for CR-1 (spouse visa) on Feb 10, 2021, and received an "Issued" status on CEAC today. Should be receiving my visa in a couple of days.

I am the beneficiary (Singapore citizen), and my husband is the petitioner (US citizen).

As my husband is currently unemployed, we had to use my income and assets for the Affidavit of Support (I-864). I submitted the I-864A during the NVC stage for my income and assets to be used.

My income can be used as I am an online video content creator, and my income comes from online advertisement revenue from YouTube and Facebook. After I move to the US, I will continue to create and publish videos on the same platforms (YouTube & Google), so my income will continue from the same source. I also have cash assets which is more than 5x the requirement (5x $21,550 for 2 people).

Timeline:

I-130 NOA1 Submitted :    11 July 2020

I-130 Approved :    9 Dec 2020

NVC Received :    14 Dec 2020

Case Completed at NVC :    15 Jan 2021

Interview Date :    10 Feb 2021

Interview Result :    Received 221g - need more proof of relationship (texts, emails)

Sent in documents: 16 Feb 2021

Visa Case Status "Issued": 18 Feb 2021

The interview was pretty scary. The officer doesn't seem to believe that our relationship was real as our pictures does not have any friends or family members in them. We have yet to meet each others' friends and family yet as they are all in different states and in different countries. We also did not have a wedding, it was just the two of us at the courthouse, with a simple civil ceremony. So the interview ended with the officer giving me a 221g form saying it was refused, and she returned my passport as well. She asked me to submit more evidence of our relationship like texts and emails. So I prepared over 200 screenshots of texts and emails between me and my husband, and sent it to the embassy. It got approved 2 days later, so that's a relief! :)

Took a total of 7 months and 8 days from submitting the I-130 on 11 July 2020 to today (18 Feb 2021).

Edited by NRobinson

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
18 minutes ago, NRobinson said:

Hey guys,

Just sharing some good news and my timeline.

Had my interview for CR-1 (spouse visa) on Feb 10, 2021, and received an "Issued" status on CEAC today. Should be receiving my visa in a couple of days.

I am the beneficiary (Singapore citizen), and my husband is the petitioner (US citizen).

As my husband is currently unemployed, we had to use my income and assets for the Affidavit of Support (I-864). I submitted the I-864A during the NVC stage for my income and assets to be used.

My income can be used as I am an online video content creator, and my income comes from online advertisement revenue from YouTube and Facebook. After I move to the US, I will continue to create and publish videos on the same platforms (YouTube & Google), so my income will continue from the same source. I also have cash assets which is more than 5x the requirement (5x $21,550 for 2 people).

Timeline:

I-130 NOA1 Submitted :    11 July 2020

I-130 Approved :    9 Dec 2020

NVC Received :    14 Dec 2020

Case Completed at NVC :    15 Jan 2021

Interview Date :    10 Feb 2021

Interview Result :    Received 221g - need more proof of relationship (texts, emails)

Sent in documents: 16 Feb 2021

Visa Case Status "Issued": 18 Feb 2021

The interview was pretty scary. The officer doesn't seem to believe that our relationship was real as our pictures does not have any friends or family members in them. We have yet to meet each others' friends and family yet as they are all in different states and in different countries. We also did not have a wedding, it was just the two of us at the courthouse, with a simple civil ceremony. So the interview ended with the officer giving me a 221g form saying it was refused, and she returned my passport as well. She asked me to submit more evidence of our relationship like texts and emails. So I prepared over 200 screenshots of texts and emails between me and my husband, and sent it to the embassy. It got approved 2 days later, so that's a relief! :)

Took a total of 7 months and 8 days from submitting the I-130 on 11 July 2020 to today (18 Feb 2021).

That’s very good congratulations ,can you let us know what kind of questions did they ask you and for how many minutes please 

8 minutes ago, more00 said:

That’s very good congratulations ,can you let us know what kind of questions did they ask you and for how many minutes please 

The interview took about 15 minutes.

Here are some questions she asked:

- How did you two meet?

- Have you met each others' parents?

- Why have you not met each others' family?

- When do you plan to meet each others' family?

- When was the last time you two communicated?

- How do you communicate with each other?

- How many times have you met?

- Where are his parents based?

- What was his previous job?

- How is he supporting himself?

- Do you have any texts and emails between the two of you?

- What do you plan to do when you move to the US?

Edited by NRobinson

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline
7 minutes ago, NRobinson said:

The interview took about 15 minutes.

Here are some questions she asked:

- How did you two meet?

- Have you met each others' parents?

- Why have you not met each others' family?

- When do you plan to meet each others' family?

- When was the last time you two communicated?

- How do you communicate with each other?

- How many times have you met?

- Where are his parents based?

- What was his previous job?

- How is he supporting himself?

- Do you have any texts and emails between the two of you?

- What do you plan to do when you move to the US?

Okay thank you and what did you tell them about  What do you plan to do when you move to the US?

1 minute ago, more00 said:

Okay thank you and what did you tell them about  What do you plan to do when you move to the US?

I told them I plan to continue to create and publish videos online, to continue my income. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.