faith620

Personal phone call from CIS to notify about case approval

39 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So in a general sense, I do believe everyone agrees!

Fact: you received a phone call.

Either it WAS a legit call and you're approved, YIPPY!

OR

It was probably a legit person who was misinformed (now wouldn't THAT be a shock?)

(I think we have discounted any reason/possibility for a prank call)

You've clearly decided to go to the appointment, and use it as an opportunity to check on the status of your case! A perfect opportunity..

All Agreed? If anyone diagrees... just don't respond ;) hehe

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

AOS Sent March 5/07

NoA Date March 23/07

BIO Appt April 12/07

Case Transfered to California April 12/07

AOS Touched April 12/07

AOS Touched April 14/07

Transfered notices in hand (Snail Mail style) April 20/07

Case "pending" in CSC May 16/07

AOS Touched May 17/07

AOS Touched May 18/07

AOS Touched June 5/07

AOS Touched June 6/07

Card Production Ordered 10:45 AM on June 19/07

Approval Notice Sent June 22/07

AOS Touched June 24/07

Mail Returned Undeliverable (saying mean words under my breathe) July 11th

Card Resent, Card had errors (long story...)

Card Sent Pack to them...

Has to go Back through FBI Name check

Card Production REORDERED Aug 22/07

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone has gone off on a tangent, the OP asked what we thought.

Lots of people in this thread are assuming this is an AOS interview, that's what I call a tangent.

We're suggesting since he/she already has an appt. why not go and make sure.

But what purpose would going to the appointment have? Their Green Card is not dependant on this appointment, and hey have their EAD. My advice to the OP is to sit tight for the next few days and see how their online case status changes.

Filed: Timeline
So in a general sense, I do believe everyone agrees!

Fact: you received a phone call.

Either it WAS a legit call and you're approved, YIPPY!

OR

It was probably a legit person who was misinformed (now wouldn't THAT be a shock?)

(I think we have discounted any reason/possibility for a prank call)

You've clearly decided to go to the appointment, and use it as an opportunity to check on the status of your case! A perfect opportunity..

All Agreed? If anyone diagrees... just don't respond ;) hehe

:lol::thumbs::lol:

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
But what purpose would going to the appointment have? Their Green Card is not dependant on this appointment, and hey have their EAD. My advice to the OP is to sit tight for the next few days and see how their online case status changes.

That's what I am really tempted to do. Unfortunately, today is Friday so that their office will be closed for the next two days and nobody will be processing anything. My appointment is scheduled for Monday at 6 am. So, even if something has changed, chances are that the web site will not have the time to update before the appointment time. I feel really stupid going to an appointment that I don't need (which I have tried to cancel previously on the phone - but no one there knew anything about it). So, I'm just hoping that the lady that spoke to me today will push the "update" button at the end of the day (or whatever it is that they do) and my problem will be resolved. :unsure:

April 13, 2010 - N 400 sent

April 14, 2010 - Received confirmation of delivery from mail carrier

April 23, 2010 - NOA date

April 26, 2010 - Check cleared

April 27, 2010 - NOA letter received

May 7, 2010 - Fingerprint letter received

May 24, 2010 - Fingerprint appointment

July 13, 2010 - Interview (passed!)

July 29, 2010 - Oath letter received. Oath scheduled for 08/26/2010

August 26, 2010 - I'm a US Citizen!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Germany
Timeline
The most ridiculous thing is - I do not need to go to this appointment anyway. I have already received my EAD and I don't care about AP.

Perhaps you feel that way now but what if you are not approved?

I fail to see why people refuse to go to interview even if it's gets 'descheduled' or want to reschedule cuz they will be on their honeymoon, etc, etc. We all should take this immigration process very seriously. If you have a letter saying, go, then GO. Better safe than sorry, this is your legal status in America we are talking about!

Believe me, I am taking this process very seriously. That is why I have applied for EAD the same day I applied for AOS (and this is why my EAD is already here). But my feeling about this appointment is a subject for a whole different topic. Right now, I am more interested in finding out if anyone has ever received a legitimate phone call from CIS (or a prank one for that matter).

Dang. I don't think she thinks the gov would prank call her over benefits. I think she thinks maybe, perhaps, someone posing as the gov did a prank call. Get it?

You seriously think the govt would prank call you over your immigration benefits? :blink:

The most ridiculous thing is - I do not need to go to this appointment anyway. I have already received my EAD and I don't care about AP.

I fail to see why people refuse to go to interview even if it's gets 'descheduled' or want to reschedule cuz they will be on their honeymoon, etc, etc. We all should take this immigration process very seriously. If you have a letter saying, go, then GO. Better safe than sorry, this is your legal status in America we are talking about!

She ALREADY had an interview. This isn't for AOS.

036.jpg

Timeline:

*Met in Tanzfleck, Germany October 24, 2003 - Continued dating until he got out of the ARMY in Nov. 2005. Continued LD relationship.

*Came to visit me in Germany for New Years 2006

*Filed for K1 Visa on 4/4/06

*NOA1 - 7/6/06

*I-129F NOA2 Approved - 9/14/06

*Came to see me Thanksgiving week in Nov. 2006

*K1 Interview - 2/2/07

*K1 Visa received - 2/11/07

*Date of US Entry (POE Chicago)- 3/5/07

*Wedding/Marriage - 3/17/07

AOS (My case was expedited due to husband going to Iraq):

*Filed for AOS - 4/20/07

*Found out in the beginning of June that husband is going to Iraq

*NOA for I-485 - 6/11/07

*Made Infopass appointment to get case expedited due to deployment (Infopass appt 6/12/07)

*Biometrics - 7/7/07

*Interview date - 7/11/07

*I-485 Aprroval date- 7/11/07

*Green Card Received- 7/19/07

Removal of Conditions:

*Filed petition to remove conditions on 6/9/09

*NOA- 6/15/09

*Biometrics Appt. in Birmingham - 8/6/09

*Lifting of Conditions Approval Date - 10/22/09

*Waiting for Green Card!

Had our daughter on 4/4/08 and have another baby due 11/19/09!!!

Filed: Timeline

She ALREADY had an interview. This isn't for AOS.

I wasn't speaking about her specifically, but in general, about immigration appointments/interviews/etc.

It is an appointment for her EAD/AP biometrics, which very much relates to AOS, yes.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ukraine
Timeline
It is an appointment for her EAD/AP biometrics, which very much relates to AOS, yes.

This is NOT a biometrics appointment. It's an appointment for me to turn in my APPLICATION for EAD/AP. Just to turn in the paper - which I have done two months ago, and which has already been processed.

BTW, no updates of my case status online :unsure:

April 13, 2010 - N 400 sent

April 14, 2010 - Received confirmation of delivery from mail carrier

April 23, 2010 - NOA date

April 26, 2010 - Check cleared

April 27, 2010 - NOA letter received

May 7, 2010 - Fingerprint letter received

May 24, 2010 - Fingerprint appointment

July 13, 2010 - Interview (passed!)

July 29, 2010 - Oath letter received. Oath scheduled for 08/26/2010

August 26, 2010 - I'm a US Citizen!!!!

faith620,

If your appt on Monday is to turn in your EAD/AP application and you already have a valid EAD in your possession, there is no need to go. This fact compounded with your statement of not needing AP is reason enough. Just make certain that, even if an emergency should arise, you will not need to return to the Ukraine until you have your Green Card.

If you are comfortable with everything stated above, I see no reason to attend your prescheduled appt.

This is NOT a biometrics appointment. It's an appointment for me to turn in my APPLICATION for EAD/AP. Just to turn in the paper - which I have done two months ago, and which has already been processed.

BTW, no updates of my case status online :unsure:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Maybe this will help .......can't remember where Got this but check it out ........

http://203.177.135.10/ivappointment/login.asp

and I would show up any way.

Mailed I-175 .........6-23-09

Rec.NOA I-175C ..... 7-7-09

Rec. I-175 NOA .......7-24-09 Biometrics

Biometrics appt. ......8-13-09 a.m.

Permant Resident Letter 11-04-09

10 year Green card ....... 11-13-09

Sending N-400 May 23 2010

Sent N-400 9-24-2010

10-04-2010 text message saying N-400 was accepted

Biometrics .............. 11-16-2010

Interview ...................01-14-2010

Interview passed ...................

Oath Ceremony ....................MARCH 2, 2011

Mother In Law

UPS'D I-130 ................................ 4-21-2011

Text stating received .................. 4-26-2011

I130 approved .............................. 7-11-2011

AOS Processing Fee ................. 7-18-2011

Choice of agent Paperwork ...... 7-18-2011

The wait 11-23-2011

Medical 2-16-2012

Visa Interview 3-06-2012

Arrived at O Hare 5-14-2012

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.