79 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline
9 minutes ago, Lucky Cat said:

In December 2020,

Panama issued 11 CR/IR visas. 

Lima, Peru issued 37 CR/IR visas

Colombia issued 74 CR/IR visas

It appears that Colombia is doing quite well compared to nearby countries.

I am looking at actual numbers....Patience is the key.  Good Luck.

in Dec 2020 Colombia issued Cr1 / IR1 visas only for emergency believe me.  On Feb 10, the Facebook account reported that they resumed the visa process for some cases such as renewal B2 / B2 student visas and emergency cases.  It's reality . Sad 😞 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
31 minutes ago, Marthaeu said:

It is true the CR1 or IR1 cases that have been processed are only for emergency .  

Looking at the portals of many of these countries i see 1 K1 up for an interview in Peru (only this one interview scheduled) and none for Ecuador, 

I would think more in the line that the approvals are for those who interviewed late 2019 and early months of 2020 (before end on March) and these are cases that were stuck in AP for extra security checks / and even those took forever because the embassies actually closed down completely for several months and are working short staffed now as so many are sick themselves

Timeline

In conclusion my case took 11 months to be in DQ and now I have to wait at least 14 months for an interview appointment.  Otherwise I will have to look for an emergency in my case.  Thanks for the comments and information.

Timeline

We have been DQ at NVC since July 2020 (3 months ahead of you). The situation is terrible, but there is nothing we can do about it. The embassy in Bogota is not unique in cancelling interview appointments, but they have been particularly affected by the city repeatedly locking down. There's not much the embassy can do when the city is in mandatory quarantine, they are under their rules (and to be fair, it would likely be more frustrating to start scheduling interviews only to cancel them again whenever the city decides to shut down).

Unless one has a genuine emergency that is approved by the embassy, we will all be dealing with the scheduling backlog once the embassy resumes normal processing. It sucks, but take some comfort in knowing you have done everything you can do. Perhaps the only "good thing" in this situation is that if you have been married for more than 2 years by the time your spouse enters the US (which is likely going to happen for many people stuck in this delay) your spouse will be IR-1, and won't need to remove conditions related to CR-1.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline
6 hours ago, Marthaeu said:

In conclusion my case took 11 months to be in DQ and now I have to wait at least 14 months for an interview appointment.  Otherwise I will have to look for an emergency in my case.  Thanks for the comments and information.

I think we all understand how you "feel" about this.  Most of us waited through our processes too, just not as long.  However, COVID 19 has impacted many things.  Not only does the Embassy's website indicate what they are and are not doing in this context, it also says why.  You can also see, that they ARE issuing spouse visas, MORE than other nearby countries.  Try an expedite if you want, but you ALREADY have all the "why" answers anybody can give you, for now.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
On 2/13/2021 at 3:20 PM, majm said:

We have been DQ at NVC since July 2020 (3 months ahead of you). The situation is terrible, but there is nothing we can do about it. The embassy in Bogota is not unique in cancelling interview appointments, but they have been particularly affected by the city repeatedly locking down. There's not much the embassy can do when the city is in mandatory quarantine, they are under their rules (and to be fair, it would likely be more frustrating to start scheduling interviews only to cancel them again whenever the city decides to shut down).

Unless one has a genuine emergency that is approved by the embassy, we will all be dealing with the scheduling backlog once the embassy resumes normal processing. It sucks, but take some comfort in knowing you have done everything you can do. Perhaps the only "good thing" in this situation is that if you have been married for more than 2 years by the time your spouse enters the US (which is likely going to happen for many people stuck in this delay) your spouse will be IR-1, and won't need to remove conditions related to CR-1.

It is true that most of them will automatically go to IR1, what I do not understand is because they resume processes for some categories such as students or work visas and not for Cr1 or IR1, just as we are all in a pandemic, there is no immunity for now and the virus remains in the world.  They are open . We ask the ambassador to start assigning appointments for these categories as well .

Timeline
22 hours ago, pushbrk said:

I think we all understand how you "feel" about this.  Most of us waited through our processes too, just not as long.  However, COVID 19 has impacted many things.  Not only does the Embassy's website indicate what they are and are not doing in this context, it also says why.  You can also see, that they ARE issuing spouse visas, MORE than other nearby countries.  Try an expedite if you want, but you ALREADY have all the "why" answers anybody can give you, for now.

Yes, thank you very much for participating, giving your opinion and advice, I just need to increase my patience.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline
On 2/12/2021 at 9:55 PM, Marthaeu said:

I'd like to know who controls the US embassies.  I know that due to the pandemic they were closed and reopened, but looking I see that everyone has continued to assign appointments except the Embassy of Bogotá in Colombia.  There are cases with DQ since November 2019 pending appointment for interviews.  We have written to the embassy and even the White House asking for help but there are no results.  hundreds of families separated by CR1 IR1 cases.  Any suggestions I appreciate.

We were DQed in October 2020 and still waiting as the US Embassy Dublin closed in December and refuses to open again. They aren’t doing any interviews at all and don’t seem to expedite any case. We contact anyone and everyone with no avail. It’s like no one is listening and no one cares. They won’t even give us a date as to when interviews will resume. I feel your pain, it’s very stressful on us as well. 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Thewander said:

We were DQed in October 2020 and still waiting as the US Embassy Dublin closed in December and refuses to open again. They aren’t doing any interviews at all and don’t seem to expedite any case. We contact anyone and everyone with no avail. It’s like no one is listening and no one cares. They won’t even give us a date as to when interviews will resume. I feel your pain, it’s very stressful on us as well. 

Do YOU, "care" that the staff is not going to work for their own safety?  Much of the staff may not even be in country at this time.  It's a tough time for many people.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline
5 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Do YOU, "care" that the staff is not going to work for their own safety?  Much of the staff may not even be in country at this time.  It's a tough time for many people.

Yes, I do “CARE” for others safety, however many other embassies, including London, continue with interviews in their highest level of restrictions. I also just had a residency interview where my family and I were in a tiny room with 2 garda yet my husband can’t have a one on one interview behind plexiglass and masks. There are also people having driving lessons, six nations rugby, and many other situations and events that are far more dangerous than a short interview. Medical appointments also continue. I don’t understand your need to be so rude. 

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Thewander said:

Yes, I do “CARE” for others safety, however many other embassies, including London, continue with interviews in their highest level of restrictions. I also just had a residency interview where my family and I were in a tiny room with 2 garda yet my husband can’t have a one on one interview behind plexiglass and masks. There are also people having driving lessons, six nations rugby, and many other situations and events that are far more dangerous than a short interview. Medical appointments also continue. I don’t understand your need to be so rude. 

I understand your complaint and your feelings.  And, you've just explained that different decisions are being made with regard to safety protocols within the UK, by different local government units and companies.  

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Timeline
3 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

I understand your complaint and your feelings.  And, you've just explained that different decisions are being made with regard to safety protocols within the UK, by different local government units and companies.  

Everything I listed continues on within ireland. The only thing I said about London is that they are continuing interviews under their strictest restrictions as many other embassies are. 

Timeline
Just now, Thewander said:

Everything I listed continues on within ireland. The only thing I said about London is that they are continuing interviews under their strictest restrictions as many other embassies are. 

And, of course, London is not in Ireland.  Different government with different decisions.  Of course the US Embassy/Consulate must consider all related restrictions and safety protocols. Many US State Department employees were evacuated from their posts and have not returned yet, for various reasons.  Those decisions are a combination of US State Department and the individuals themselves, who MUST put their own safety first.  You can disagree with their decisions.  You can complain, but complaining her will not change anything.

Google Who is Pushbrk?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.