LuianCyn

Will it affect N 400 INT

11 posts in this topic

Timeline

Ok my husband filed his N400 Sep of 2020 (under3yr rule of still being married). He recently received the Biometrics Reuse letter so I'm guessing a couple of months for interview. My question is he has a prostitution case (dismissed)from 18yrs ago and DWI as well will this affect him at his naturalization interview any insight will be helpful thanks OR will they just take at its been a long time so won't affect I'm worried because I just saw someone with a conviction over 25yrs old n still affected case

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
3 hours ago, LuianCyn said:

Ok my husband filed his N400 Sep of 2020 (under3yr rule of still being married). He recently received the Biometrics Reuse letter so I'm guessing a couple of months for interview. My question is he has a prostitution case (dismissed)from 18yrs ago and DWI as well will this affect him at his naturalization interview any insight will be helpful thanks OR will they just take at its been a long time so won't affect I'm worried because I just saw someone with a conviction over 25yrs old n still affected case

well it all depends what he pleaded guilty to in dwi case? Did you talk to any immigration lawyer? 

One case was dismissed, so it's not the same as the conviction.

Because it was over +20 years ago, I'd say he is ok. He will be asked in the interview, so you have to figure out the correct wording. Also, he should not provide more information than he needs to. I think that talking to a lawyer could be useful to figure out the wording.

For instance, a friend had a traffic violation. He was speeding, but he was given a notice for "impeding traffic" which is much better than speeding inside a town. When he was asked if he had any issues with the police, he said he had a notice for impeding traffic, and that was it, the officer moved on.

It was the truth. You just don't want to give more information than you need to.

Edited by Coco8

1 hour ago, Coco8 said:

One case was dismissed, so it's not the same as the conviction.

Because it was over +20 years ago, I'd say he is ok. He will be asked in the interview, so you have to figure out the correct wording. Also, he should not provide more information than he needs to. I think that talking to a lawyer could be useful to figure out the wording.

For instance, a friend had a traffic violation. He was speeding, but he was given a notice for "impeding traffic" which is much better than speeding inside a town. When he was asked if he had any issues with the police, he said he had a notice for impeding traffic, and that was it, the officer moved on.

It was the truth. You just don't want to give more information than you need to.

17 and 18 yrs ago.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Pakistan
Timeline
18 minutes ago, LuianCyn said:

Yes Prostitution Dismissed . The DWI he was Guilty (Breathelizer Test)did 18months probation.

I dont think there will be any problem with naturalization but it is always recommended to seek legal advice when dealing with arrest in thr past.

Edited by Fahad86

Timeline
8 minutes ago, Fahad86 said:

I dont think there will be any problem with naturalization but it is always recommended to seek legal advice when dealing with arrest in thr past.

Yeah we are I'm just getting nervous for him mainly because when he had his appt in Juarez 3yrs ago he took along time and CO was giving him a HARD time with the Prostitution case he almost took 7hrs in the consulate thx hope I'm just over thinking things 

12 hours ago, LuianCyn said:

Yes Prostitution Dismissed . The DWI he was Guilty (Breathelizer Test)did 18months probation.

I mentioned the 17 and 18 years because someone above send he should be fine because it was 20+ years ago (which 17 and 18 aren't).

Anyway in such a case regardless of what people say here you would definitely need to seek legal help at the end of the day.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.