RO_AH

Dreaded Sputum

41 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, RO_AH said:

I received an auto-reply:

Visa.PNG

Same here. I wish we had some clue as to the wait times. Based on what I see online, re/scheduling is all over the place. I see a lot of applicants with expired medical clearance. So frustrating.

2 hours ago, flicks1998 said:

Write to USEM and let them know.  As I mentioned in some other threads, USEM worked with us quite well when the visa was under a month from expiring.  When they first reached out, we had many missed calls one morning and we had no idea who it was.  We texted the number as it was a mobile phone number and that afternoon we had a call back and it was USEM asking us if we were sure we could get to the US before the visa expired.  Ill check tomorrow and see if we still have that text saved or not and can PM the number if we still have it.  It was about 2.5 months ago.

I wish we're as lucky as you. I know some people who were also contacted 10 days before their medical expiration. I'm very curious how they monitor the dates.

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

6 hours ago, angeljolie said:

Same here. I wish we had some clue as to the wait times. Based on what I see online, re/scheduling is all over the place. I see a lot of applicants with expired medical clearance. So frustrating.

I wish we're as lucky as you. I know some people who were also contacted 10 days before their medical expiration. I'm very curious how they monitor the dates.

I’m not sure. Maybe they are monitoring the emails. Previously when we had written (months before) there would be no response or a response after a month. So maybe they are screening emails for urgency. I’m not really sure but they were helpful in the final month. 

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

• 3 months later...
On 2/10/2021 at 2:57 PM, Chancy said:

I already expect I'd be flagged for sputum testing.

Well, SLEC did not betray my expectations.  I was flagged for sputum testing.  And it seems they haven't let up on the number of applicants they tag for it.  In the 15 minutes or so that I spent in the waiting area for my name to be called, 3 other women were also told that they have to go through sputum testing.  Because I was already expecting the bad news, I wasn't as crestfallen as those other women seemed to be.

8 minutes ago, Chancy said:

Well, SLEC did not betray my expectations.  I was flagged for sputum testing.  And it seems they haven't let up on the number of applicants they tag for it.  In the 15 minutes or so that I spent in the waiting area for my name to be called, 3 other women were also told that they have to go through sputum testing.  Because I was already expecting the bad news, I wasn't as crestfallen as those other women seemed to be.

@top_secret had posted some data on % of people flagged for sputum testing and it came around 15% although it may be getting higher nowadays.  If you have the time, out of curiosity I would go to another hospital and ask them to do a TB xray.  I would be curious what that hospital says compared to SLEC.  

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

I think SLEC need to equipment and needs the doctors re-trained myself my wife was flagged twice once during K1 process then during this CR1 process and the doctor looked at both exrays side by side and told her they was exactly the same from 2017 till now, back then she had to take the 6 month regiment of pills but she was clear no hint of TB.  I honestly think they do it to hold people back and to earn extra money for their pockets after everything said and done.

34 minutes ago, Chancy said:

The worst part about it is that they stamp your 1st day of the medical in the passport not the day that it is completed. I was expecting my wife to get it on her second medical and I was shocked that she did not. Maybe they only clean the x-ray machine once a week and you need to go on the right day.

7 minutes ago, RO_AH said:

Maybe they only clean the x-ray machine once a week and you need to go on the right day.

Ha!  I actually thought something like that when I got called to the sputum announcement counter.  Like, "Dang it!  I guess the x-ray machine got dirty again..." 😆

1 hour ago, Chancy said:

Ha!  I actually thought something like that when I got called to the sputum announcement counter.  Like, "Dang it!  I guess the x-ray machine got dirty again..." 😆

Someone really needs to do that. Or bring a bottle of glass cleaner to medical.

Maybe don't go on Fridays because they only clean it once a week??

I feel bad for everyone here that got that.  It almost seems like something really wrong is going on in that place.  Just to frequent to be coincidence.  At some point you have to start to wonder about the dynamics of the cash flow in that operation. 

Our day is coming sooner or later too.

Wife and Stepdaughter                                                                            

• December 17, 2020:  Married in Costa Rica
  • March 08, 2021: Filed l-130s Online
  • March 09, 2021: NOA1
  • April 26, 2021: NOA2, I-130s Approved
  • April 30, 2021: NVC Received
  • May 01, 2021: Pay AOS and IV Bills
  • May 06, 2021: Submit AOS, Financial Docs and DS-260s
  • May 14, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Stepdaughter
  • May 21, 2021: Submit Civil Docs for Wife
  • June 25, 2021: NVC review for Stepdaughter, RFE submit additional Doc
  • July 08, 2021: Wife Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • August 31, 2021: Stepdaughter Documentarily Qualified by NVC
  • September 15, 2021: Received Interview Date from NVC, October 05, 2021
  • September 22, 2021: Passed physicals at Saint Luke's Extension Clinic
  • October 05, 2021: Interview at US Embassy Manila. Verbally approved by US Consul. Positive interview experience.
  • October 05, 2021: CEAC status changed to "Issued"
  • October 07, 2021: Passports tracking for delivery on 2GO Courier website
  • October 08, 2021: Passports with visas delivered.  "Visas on hand"
  • October 08, 2021: Paid Immigrant Fee
  • October 12, 2021: Temporary CFO Certificates Received
  • October 26, 2021 POE arrival at LAX
  • November 02, 2021 Social Security Cards arrive in mail
  • January 31, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Is Being Produced"
  • February 04, 2022: USCIS Status changed to "Card Was Mailed To Me"
  • February 07, 2022: Green cards received. 

That is great news. I know that the additional wait was hard, but the super part is that she doesn't have a life-threatening disease. She will be in Hawaii soon. Hang in there.

Mahalo/Salamat!

Steve and Joan
Met on Facebook 2/24/12
Met in person 6/5/12
Second visit 10/2/12
Engaged 10/3/12
NOA10/15/12
Third visit 12/10/12
Joan got her passport! 2/20/13
NOA2 4/24/13
Fourth visit 5/28/13
CFO 5/30/13
Embassy Interview APPROVED 6/6/13

Joan passed through immigration in Hawaii! She's home! 6/13/13

MARRIED 8/24/13

AOS, EAD and AP petitions sent to Chicago via Express Mail

EAD/AP Received 11/13/13

AOS Interview APPROVED 11/26/13

2-year Green Card in hand 12/5/13

ROC (I-751) sent to CSC via USPS Express Mail 8/31/15

ROC check cashed 9/4/15

ROC Biometrics 10/1/15

ROC Approval 4/6/16 (waiting for actual card)

Permanent Green Card Arrived 4/14/16
Naturalization Interview 2/22/17 APPROVED!

Oath Ceremony 3/21/17--Joan is a US Citizen!

Dual Citizenship 7/7/22 Joan is now a Dual US/Filipino Citizen!

Kayak small lagoon crop 10 72 for VJ.jpg

• 2 months later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.