WillDani2019

Financial Hardships - K1 Visa Expedite Request

18 posts in this topic

This has been posted plenty, but I figured I would ask. 

I am currently sending money, and have been to my fiancé for about 1 year and a half soon. The embassy looks to be not opening soon, so I will have to keep sending for a while it seems because she cannot find a job. Even then will all this Covid stuff who knows when they will open fully, and really start processing cases. On top of this, I am making less money at my job because of Covid and I am currently trying to get another, but Covid has slowed all the recruiting processes as well, so who knows when I will get another job. I am worried that I will not have enough money for myself, and more concerning to send to her to live. It would be way less of a burden if she was here, and I didn't have to send almost 1000 dollars a month there. We could be saving some of that money living together. Not sure if this would work, or be grounds to expedite, but I figured I would ask someone who might know here. I have joint sponsor's ready to do all the paperwork for the embassy stage once we get there, so that should not be an issue. Maybe other people have similar situations, but really what I am supposed to do if I can't send her anymore money, and she doesn't have money to survive. 

Thanks

5 hours ago, WillDani2019 said:

This has been posted plenty, but I figured I would ask. 

I am currently sending money, and have been to my fiancé for about 1 year and a half soon. The embassy looks to be not opening soon, so I will have to keep sending for a while it seems because she cannot find a job. Even then will all this Covid stuff who knows when they will open fully, and really start processing cases. On top of this, I am making less money at my job because of Covid and I am currently trying to get another, but Covid has slowed all the recruiting processes as well, so who knows when I will get another job. I am worried that I will not have enough money for myself, and more concerning to send to her to live. It would be way less of a burden if she was here, and I didn't have to send almost 1000 dollars a month there. We could be saving some of that money living together. Not sure if this would work, or be grounds to expedite, but I figured I would ask someone who might know here. I have joint sponsor's ready to do all the paperwork for the embassy stage once we get there, so that should not be an issue. Maybe other people have similar situations, but really what I am supposed to do if I can't send her anymore money, and she doesn't have money to survive. 

Thanks

They won't expedite because your alien fiance can't find a job in her country, sorry.

Nope, it is not a valid reason.

N400

12/06/2014: Package filed

12/31/2014: Fingerprinted

02/06/2015: In-Line for Interview

04/15/2015: Passed Interview

05/05/2015: Oath letter was sent

05/22/2015: Oath Ceremony

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

OP left over 14 hours ago

but i would ask others to consider the total cost to marry and bring someone here and understand not only the fees but the visits ,etc

things they don't consider like "the future costs after coming"   in my case it was an additional $477 to add him to my health care plan

and i did share my tax return with him before he came as i added him as MFJ and married ,  to me,  this is  a shared return

and sending him a few hundred to learn to drive before he came saved me a ton as a driving instructor here is $85 an hour

and to this OP "is the woman of child bearing age?"

as it is well over $12000 a year now to raise a child /  look into the internet to see these figures as they go up when the child becomes a teenager

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.