Julia0705

EB3 visa DQ to interview timeline MONTREAL

14 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from Off Topic to the Work Visas forum.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

I am on eb3 visa, i have already an employer( hospital) NVC actually sent me a letter that i sent a wrong police clearance after 2 weeks that i submitted my civil documents. I already sent them the right one, and working with my lawyers about it. Yep, i have read the exemptions of the proclamation, i am here in canada with a working permit. I sent it Jan 12, I think i will wait 2-3 months. I dunno, i was just asking to know the estimated waiting time since it depends on the consulate.

It’s still not clear to me if you have actually brought it to the attention of the consulate that this application is exempt from the ban. They do not look at all of them and go “oh there is an exemption”, they need to be told. If they do not know there is an exemption you will just go to the back of the line, they will not schedule an interview until the ban is lifted and they get to your place in line. So it is a pertinent question to ask, and will seriously affect the question you are asking about waiting time.

NVC asking you for a correct police certificate is not relevant to being an exception. It is NVC’s job to ensure all your documents are correct before they send the case to the consulate. They do this regardless of whether or not a ban is in place /priority date current and an interview can yet be scheduled.

So you’re still not DQ? Sorry didn’t realize that (I should have read first post more carefully) Not sure what current NVC processing times for updating missing documents is. You need to be DQ before you can think about contacting the consulate.

But still, thanks for the info. After i submitted my documents they replied less than 2 weeks for the wrong police clearance i’m stucked in NVC since Dec 2020 because I sent them wrong police clearance (which is my fault) but i’m sure i gave the right one this jan 12. I think i’ll wait for my DQ and inform them about my job as a medical professional. My eb3 priority date is July 2019 and eb3 is current now. I think the only thing that i will do now is to wait. And hope things will be on my favour

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...
Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
On 3/9/2021 at 7:41 AM, Julia0705 said:

Update: I already received an email from NVC that I am already Documentarily qualified and waiting for my interview schedule.. it took me 2 months from the date I submitted my missing documents. 

On 3/9/2021 at 7:41 AM, Julia0705 said:

Update: I already received an email from NVC that I am already Documentarily qualified and waiting for my interview schedule.. it took me 2 months from the date I submitted my missing documents. 

Hello,

Once you Documentarily qualified how long they took to schedule your interview for VISA in Montreal Consulate. 

• 2 weeks later...
34 minutes ago, bbusadream said:

Montréal is currently up to August 2023. So must be more than year if they go with same pace. 

It also depends on the Priority Date though, as it recently retrogressed. 

Edit: just realised this thread is from over three years ago! So OP will have (hopefully) had their visa a long time ago.

Edited by appleblossom

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
10 minutes ago, appleblossom said:

It also depends on the Priority Date though, as it recently retrogressed. 

Edit: just realised this thread is from over three years ago! So OP will have (hopefully) had their visa a long time ago.

My bad too.. i just realized that. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline

***Zombie thread locked***

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.