meauxna

Posting Safety at VisaJourney

71 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
My approach is to listen to what people advice and then look at that advice in the contect of the process I am working with. In this case immigration. So when I read something here I do not assume it is right I go to the authoritative source and confirm it.

Paul, you're in the sensible camp. Minority or majority? We'll never know. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Timeline

You may feel everyone judges and maybe you are right but it is the degree to which they judge and the manner in which they present it. If by sugarcoat you mean tact than I think you are dead wrong, especially when dealing with immigration. After all, if you judge someone and they are from a completely different culture than you are judging them based on your culture and that I would judge that as being culturally arrogant. But just my opinion.

Paul

Sugarcoat does not mean tact, it means reality. And sometimes that's harsh.

4 wives is not a cultural judgment! It's called abuse of the K1 visa.

Guess that is what makes the world the way it is. While you are so sure you know all the facts I tend to be cautiously optomistic until I know something that says to me one way or the other.

Hey, I never said I know all the facts. I try to help others if I can. I do my own research personally before I make choices relating to immigration.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

You may feel everyone judges and maybe you are right but it is the degree to which they judge and the manner in which they present it. If by sugarcoat you mean tact than I think you are dead wrong, especially when dealing with immigration. After all, if you judge someone and they are from a completely different culture than you are judging them based on your culture and that I would judge that as being culturally arrogant. But just my opinion.

Paul

Sugarcoat does not mean tact, it means reality. And sometimes that's harsh.

4 wives is not a cultural judgment! It's called abuse of the K1 visa.

Guess that is what makes the world the way it is. While you are so sure you know all the facts I tend to be cautiously optomistic until I know something that says to me one way or the other.

Hey, I never said I know all the facts. I try to help others if I can. I do my own research personally before I make choices relating to immigration.

I was talking about the person posting about working on their 4th fiance. In other words if you know all facts about that and then make a judgement, k. But to just judge someone based on a post that says this is my fourth visa-fiance...well I am not comfortable drawing any conclusions with little or no facts.

Edited by mrsushi66

• 3 months later...
Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Add your thoughts if you have any.

I'm just bumping this anyway. :)

Now That You Are A Permanent Resident

How Do I Remove The Conditions On Permanent Residence Based On Marriage?

Welcome to the United States: A Guide For New Immigrants

Yes, even this last one.. stuff in there that not even your USC knows.....

Here are more links that I love:

Arriving in America, The POE Drill

Dual Citizenship FAQ

Other Fora I Post To:

alt.visa.us.marriage-based http://britishexpats.com/ and www.***removed***.com

censored link = *family based immigration* website

Inertia. Is that the Greek god of 'can't be bothered'?

Met, married, immigrated, naturalized.

I-130 filed Aug02

USC Jul06

No Deje Piedras Sobre El Pavimento!

• 1 month later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Trust but Verify :thumbs:

Edited by chuckandkim

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Without reading every entry im not sure this doesnt show why people do use pms, many i did read were saying they ask once and got flamed, ridiculed etc and never ask again. In the end it is still each persons responsibility to do their reading, learning and decision making for themselves. :thumbs:

TIMELINE

04/04/2007 K1 Interview from H...w/the devil herself

06/12/2007 Rec'd Notification Case Now Back In Calif. only to expire

-------------

11/20/2007 Married in Morocco

02/23/2008 Mailed CR1 application today

03/08/2008 NOA1 Notice Recd (notice date 3/4/08)

08/26/2008 File transfered fr Vermont to Calif

10/14/2008 APPROVALLLLLLLLLLLL

10/20/2008 Recd hard copy NOA2

10/20/2008 NVC Recd case

11/21/2008 CASE COMPLETE

01/15/2009 INTERVIEW

01/16/2009 VISA IN HAND

01/31/2009 ARRIVED OKC

BE WHO YOU ARE AND SAY WHAT YOU FEEL, BECAUSE THOSE WHO MIND DONT MATTER AND THOSE WHO MATTER DONT MIND

YOU CANT CHANGE THE PAST BUT YOU CAN RUIN THE PRESENT BY WORRYING OVER THE FUTURE

TRIP.... OVER LOVE, AND YOU CAN GET UP

FALL.... IN LOVE, AND YOU FALL FOREVER

I DO HAVE THE RIGHT TO REMAIN SILENT, JUST NOT THE ABILITY

LIKE THE MEASLES, LOVE IS MOST DANGEROUS WHEN IT COMES LATER IN LIFE

LIFE IS NOT THE WAY ITS SUPPOSED TO BE, ITS THE WAY IT IS

I MAY NOT BE WHERE I WANT TO BE BUT IM SURE NOT WHERE I WAS

To those that do PM for immigration advice

The risks

No single member has all the correct information. No single member is knowledgeable or has experiences in all areas of immigration. By relying on a single member in a PM for an answer to a immigration issue you risk getting wrong information that can't be corrected by other members like it would if posted in the forums. Immigration can change like the wind, policies/rules change, information upgraded, etc. Other members may also have direct experiences that differ than what is commonly known. Consulates also vary in their requirements.

When questions are asked in PM's and answers given it also takes away the opportunity for others to learn. This is afterall a site for sharing information and experiences.

Questions you should ask yourself

How important is your immigration process?

Who is responsible for my immigration process?

Should I rely on one members opinion given as advice in a PM?

To those that feel they are ridiculed....This is a message board, other members cannot hurt you. They are words. Wade through the ####### that is often thrown around, until you get to the posts that are helpful and that do not judge. You OWE that to yourself. By reverting to PMs you HIGHLY RISK misinformation that CAN'T be corrected, which CAN screw up your case. What is more important....avoiding some hurtful remarks or finding the information that WILL help you.

You can find me on FBI

An overview of Security Name Checks And Administrative Review at Service Center, NVC & Consulate levels.

Detailed Review USCIS Alien Security Checks

fb2fc244.gif72c97806.gif4d488a91.gif

11324375801ij.gif

View Timeline HERE

I am but a wench not a lawyer. My advice and opinion is just that. I read, I research, I learn.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Also, someone coming along after is *sure* to have the same question. Often, unheard lurkers benefit greatly from the open exchange of information.

This is so true! I've already been benefitting a lot from many posts I haven't commented on. And I just noticed a few questions today that I wish I had asked before.

March 6, 2007 - I-129F package sent

March 21, 2007 - I-129F NOA2

October 17, 2007 - K1 interview - approved

October 19, 2007 - K1 arrived in mail

October 21, 2007 - US entry

October 23, 2007 - Wedding day

November 27, 2007 - AOS, EAD, AP package sent

December 7, 2007 - Received all 3 NOA's for AOS, AP & EAD

December 10, 2007 - Received letter for biometrics appointment

January 2, 2008 - I-485 transferred to California

January 3, 2008 - Biometrics

January 16, 2008 - RFE for I-485

January 22, 2008 - RFE for I-485 arrived

January 23, 2008 - AP approved

January 25, 2008 - Case status finally updated: AP approved January 23!

January 31, 2008 - EAD card production ordered

February 2, 2008 - AP arrived in mail

February 5, 2008 - Sending a letter/RFE to CSC

February 5, 2008 - EAD card production ordered (again?!)

February 7, 2008 - RFE/letter arrived at CSC

February 7, 2008 - EAD approval sent

February 9, 2008 - EAD card received, dated January 23rd!

February 25, 2008 - CSC finally acknowledges receiving RFE

February 27, 2008 - I-485 APPROVED!

February 27, 2008 - Online case status: notice mailed welcoming new permanent resident.

March 3, 2008 - Received welcome letter

March 3, 2008 - I-485 approval letter sent

March 6, 2008 - Green card arrived in mail.

November 2009 - Removal of conditions...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Although the senior members don't say it but they "secretly" feel superior than the newbies :lol: Deal with it!

Ok, joking!

In honest truth, I once PM a member to aks for help with my wife's name change after AOS. Flat out denied by him/her, stating: i do not answer PM question. My first reaction: damn what the... But I didn't say anything in respond just thank you. Bottom line is, it's for your own good not to PM questions which may help you and others who didn't even think of the question to ask, or whom do not know what what to ask in the first place. Further more, before asking any question, check the Guides and FAQ first. By all mean do PM if you do not want your personal information on the public forum, then again, who do you think these folks on the board are, lawyer, who abide by privacy disclosure and disclaims? HAHAHA! That got me thinking, stop PM people for help, just post, some jerks will make fun of you, so what, but the only thing matters to you is the GOOD answer you get from that one individual. Don't expect everyone to be nice and rosies, you will run accross some characters (me included hahaha). Remember: there is not stupid question, just stupid answer!

Post on or Post-off! :lol::lol::lol:

"You always get what you've always gotten if you always do what you always did."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
To those that do PM for immigration advice

The risks

No single member has all the correct information. No single member is knowledgeable or has experiences in all areas of immigration. By relying on a single member in a PM for an answer to a immigration issue you risk getting wrong information that can't be corrected by other members like it would if posted in the forums. Immigration can change like the wind, policies/rules change, information upgraded, etc. Other members may also have direct experiences that differ than what is commonly known. Consulates also vary in their requirements.

When questions are asked in PM's and answers given it also takes away the opportunity for others to learn. This is afterall a site for sharing information and experiences.

Questions you should ask yourself

How important is your immigration process?

Who is responsible for my immigration process?

Should I rely on one members opinion given as advice in a PM?

To those that feel they are ridiculed....This is a message board, other members cannot hurt you. They are words. Wade through the ####### that is often thrown around, until you get to the posts that are helpful and that do not judge. You OWE that to yourself. By reverting to PMs you HIGHLY RISK misinformation that CAN'T be corrected, which CAN screw up your case. What is more important....avoiding some hurtful remarks or finding the information that WILL help you.

Thank you, aussiewench. Very sound advice! :thumbs:

Filed: Timeline

First of all, I think that there are many an answer that can be found with the search feature.

But we're all here to question one thing or another...who cares if someone's going to say something negative? (S)he is the one who will look foolish, not the other way around. A topic is a great way for checks & balances...for correcting wrong or outdated information, to open a discussion for people who are in the same situation, or even as a way to keep information on that particular subject in the archives...so the next person who comes along with the same questions can have a starting point, and also not feel so bad in starting his/her own thread if need be.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.