Egonzalez

February 2021 N-400 filers (edited title)

1,132 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, jimbrackets said:

I got my interview after 8 months and passed. Nothing out of the ordinary and I was able to explain my absences alright.

I'm now wondering how long it will take to schedule oath ceremony. It's been almost ten days and still have not received a letter. What have people's timelines been?

You all should be grateful. People like me are still waiting for the interview 😌.

Timeline

Hi everybody, i am another February 2021 N400 filer. I've been following this forum for a while now and it's nice to see a few have already gotten done with the process while i patiently wait along others to get the interview scheduled. My countdown is showing 7 months so far.

Wanted to ask for what the best way to proceed is regarding my expiring green card while i wait for the interview. My GC is set to expire in mid April 2022, im hoping I'll be done with citizenship by then but, it looks like i would need to renew the GC soon to not risk expiration, right?

Through the forums i've seen the infopass option being mentioned or the extension sticker but it looks like these are not options anymore, am i correct? USCIS website only shows filing Form I-90 as the only option. Is this what i need to do? also, im trying to visit home country for a week during the holidays, would leaving the US during the N400 process have negative impact? Thanks all for any input. 

Finally ended my journey the 14th. Went in for n400 test. Passed 6 in a row then reading and writing. All checked out, immigration officer was cool I was confident going in. In 2013 I got a dui. It was a long struggle but here I am a week out from my birthday feeling grateful. Oath ceremony same day about 30mins later. Now a proud citizen! 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline
On 10/11/2021 at 1:53 AM, Savva said:

Hey! Here it is!

https://youtu.be/bIFTE9cIS3c

Thank you!

J-1 Au Pair Visa :

09/29/2012 : Met with USC
01/14/2013 : Married with USC

AOS Timeline :

06/09/2016 : AOS package sent

07/04/2016 : AOS package received (finally I was dying over here)

07/08/2016 : AOS package accepted !

07/28/2016 : NOA1 for I-130 was returned to the USCIS. The post office did not deliver it to me !

08/07/2016 : Card/Document Production ( no NOAS, no biometrics...nothing ??? )

03/26/2018 : Green card received!

02/12/2021: Filed for N-400  online

mzMOm5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
On 10/19/2021 at 12:36 PM, Mauricokito said:

Hi everybody, i am another February 2021 N400 filer. I've been following this forum for a while now and it's nice to see a few have already gotten done with the process while i patiently wait along others to get the interview scheduled. My countdown is showing 7 months so far.

Wanted to ask for what the best way to proceed is regarding my expiring green card while i wait for the interview. My GC is set to expire in mid April 2022, im hoping I'll be done with citizenship by then but, it looks like i would need to renew the GC soon to not risk expiration, right?

Through the forums i've seen the infopass option being mentioned or the extension sticker but it looks like these are not options anymore, am i correct? USCIS website only shows filing Form I-90 as the only option. Is this what i need to do? also, im trying to visit home country for a week during the holidays, would leaving the US during the N400 process have negative impact? Thanks all for any input. 

Don't apply for the renewal, it's expensive as hell and the officers never give a hard time with the expire GC, you'll be alright, just have your card with you on the day of your interview

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello everyone one. I had my interview just yesterday for n400. I cleared the tests, IO was formal and nice but said he'll push for approval once my background check is complete. He further added that I should get mail saying oath ceremony was scheduled in 15 days approx but hand me the form with" No decision can be made". Should I worried my case will be stuck? Is there anyone here to whom IO gave same answer? 

Also, I had n400 interview on 10/21. I751 is scheduled on 10/29. However, IO mentioned that he will clear i751 notice with n400 and I do not have to appear for interview on 10/29. If I do not receive any updates until then, should I go to interview or no? My green card along with extension letter will expire on Nov 20th. 

Please help me what should I do for 29th. 

I am scared reading the posts here that my case is probably going to be stuck. 

My local office was Chicago for the reference

Timeline
On 10/15/2021 at 7:08 PM, jimbrackets said:

I got my interview after 8 months and passed. Nothing out of the ordinary and I was able to explain my absences alright.

I'm now wondering how long it will take to schedule oath ceremony. It's been almost ten days and still have not received a letter. What have people's timelines been?

I had interview June 2nd and ceremony was Oct 15

Timeline

I am officially a US citizen!! The interview went well and the ceremony was done on the spot. I have been waiting for this moment for 27 years and I'm glad it's finally over!

J-1 Au Pair Visa :

AOS Timeline :

07/28/2016 : NOA1 for I-130 was returned to the USCIS. The post office did not deliver it to me !

mzMOm5.png

Timeline
1 hour ago, Jewell London said:

I am officially a US citizen!! The interview went well and the ceremony was done on the spot. I have been waiting for this moment for 27 years and I'm glad it's finally over!

Congratulations!

I am so happy for all of us, it was such a long journey. So many document filed, so many nerves, waitings. 

On Tuersday I will vote on real election first time in my life )

Timeline
30 minutes ago, SadFace said:

Congratulations!

I am so happy for all of us, it was such a long journey. So many document filed, so many nerves, waitings. 

On Tuersday I will vote on real election first time in my life )

Yay! I need to register to vote as well asap!

J-1 Au Pair Visa :

AOS Timeline :

mzMOm5.png

On 10/4/2021 at 4:31 PM, RasDig said:

Hello Feb 2021 filers, I had my interview today. It was pretty straightforward and lasted about 6 minutes. IO started with the 6 civics questions, reading a sentence, writing a sentence and went over the N400 yes/no questions. In the end I passed the civic and history test but was given a N-652 decision cannot be made because my file has to be reviewed by supervisor and I will get an answer in 30 days ☹️. I was pretty bummed out since I was expecting outright approval but I guess I have no option but to keep my fingers crossed and wait. Hopefully it does not take a long time since I am seeing on the forums some crazy wait times. Hope this ends well soon. My status still shows Interview was Scheduled.

Woohoo!!! My case just got approved this morning and oath scheduled. That was a nervous 30 day wait. I am so happy. @Savva my fellow Feb 2021 N400 filer,  thanks for all the encouragement and help you have provided here. My timeline and signature has been updated to help everyone.

N400 (5 years)

02/13/2021 Applied online

02/13/2021 NOA1 online

02/17/2021 NOA1 hard copy letter received

02/28/2021 Biometric reuse online 

03/12/2021 Biometric reuse hard copy letter received

08/23/2021 Interview notification via email

10/04/2021 Interview date (Decision cannot be made yet, pending supervisor review)

11/05/2021 Approved!!! Woohoo!!! Received email notification.

11/19/2021 Oath scheduled 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.