Egonzalez

February 2021 N-400 filers (edited title)

1,132 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
3 hours ago, mahanturbo said:

Hello, 

Is it possible to change the name on the day of interview?

I have not submit it with my N-400 form, 

Can I ask officer while he is reviewing my answers?

Yes you can, this is your last chance actually, just ask the officer and you'll be good! Good luck!!!

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learn-about-citizenship/commonly-asked-questions-about-the-naturalization-process

Look at the question 7, there is an exact answer to your question

Edited by Savva

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline
7 hours ago, Savva said:

Yes you can, this is your last chance actually, just ask the officer and you'll be good! Good luck!!!

https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/learn-about-citizenship/commonly-asked-questions-about-the-naturalization-process

Look at the question 7, there is an exact answer to your question

Thank you Brother.

Filed: Country:
Timeline

Hello y'all, this might be a silly question but,  I dont want to make any errors on my form. My 90 days window for naturalization just opened on may 20th and I am about to start my application process online.  Since it has not quite been 3 yrs since I received my GC, which of these questions should I select as my eligibility?

Screenshot_20210529-134531_Chrome.jpg

Timeline
1 hour ago, Stt said:

Hello y'all, this might be a silly question but,  I dont want to make any errors on my form. My 90 days window for naturalization just opened on may 20th and I am about to start my application process online.  Since it has not quite been 3 yrs since I received my GC, which of these questions should I select as my eligibility?

Screenshot_20210529-134531_Chrome.jpg

If you've been married to US citizen, and filling based on the 3 year rule, live with your spouse within the United States, and your spouse is a US citizen at least 3 years then your opinion is number 2, even if you file 90 days before full 3 years on your residency

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just an update on our case. We had received a date of May 21st for my husbands oath ceremony. We are traveling to Mexico June 11th and would not have been able to get a passport in time (expedited is listed as 4-6 weeks)  so as per the instructions we wrote a letter requesting to reschedule. We received an update in our case that the interview was canceled. As of yet, we still have not received a new appointment. I tried to send an online message about the case, but have not received anything. Now when I log into USCIS I don't even see the N400 listed as a case. I still see the I-751. There is an error message at the top of the page image.png.041b6eaa4330907f7a3eeb9cffea2b4f.pngI am hoping that it is a temporary error. I think we need to try to call and figure this out. I'm hoping we didn't really screw up with requesting to reschedule the oath. Just thought i would share in case anyone else has issues with their oath date.

I will keep everyone posted.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline
48 minutes ago, jalem33 said:

Just an update on our case. We had received a date of May 21st for my husbands oath ceremony. We are traveling to Mexico June 11th and would not have been able to get a passport in time (expedited is listed as 4-6 weeks)  so as per the instructions we wrote a letter requesting to reschedule. We received an update in our case that the interview was canceled. As of yet, we still have not received a new appointment. I tried to send an online message about the case, but have not received anything. Now when I log into USCIS I don't even see the N400 listed as a case. I still see the I-751. There is an error message at the top of the page image.png.041b6eaa4330907f7a3eeb9cffea2b4f.pngI am hoping that it is a temporary error. I think we need to try to call and figure this out. I'm hoping we didn't really screw up with requesting to reschedule the oath. Just thought i would share in case anyone else has issues with their oath date.

Getting this error as well, so I think it's a general problem and not anything related to your case! Hope that you get a rescheduled interview soon!

Timeline
2 hours ago, jalem33 said:

Hey wait, you said the interview was cancelled? Didn't your husband pass his interview on April 27th?

Timeline

USCIS Eases Visitor Restrictions for Fully Vaccinated Individuals

Release Date 

05/27/2021

Due to updated guidance from the CDC, USCIS has updated its visitor policy. Fully vaccinated individuals no longer have to wear a face covering. Individuals two years old and older who are not fully vaccinated must still wear a face covering.

To be considered fully vaccinated, it must be at least two weeks after receiving a second dose in a two-dose series or at least two weeks after receiving a dose of a single-dose vaccine.

USCIS has eased other requirements for fully vaccinated individuals who do not have COVID-19 symptoms. Those who have returned from domestic air, international air or cruise ship travel in the past 10 days may enter USCIS facilities if they are fully vaccinated. Individuals who have been in close contact (within six feet for a total of 15 minutes or more) with anyone known to have COVID-19 in the previous 14 days may also enter USCIS facilities if they are fully vaccinated. Healthcare workers who consistently wear an N95 respirator and proper personal protective equipment or equivalent when in contact with COVID-19 positive individuals continue to be exempt from reporting close contact.

In DHS-controlled spaces, this guidance supersedes state, local, tribal, or territorial rules and regulations regarding face coverings.

For more information, see our USCIS Visitor Policy.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline
2 hours ago, Savva said:

Hey wait, you said the interview was cancelled? Didn't your husband pass his interview on April 27th?

Its the oath ceremony. In one spot above I got it right and in one I typed the wrong thing. Unfortunately after I realized it wouldn't let me edit.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.