HolaHola

January 2021 - AOS Fillers

129 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

ATTENTION TO ALL THE K1 FILLERS: at the interview the lady said that I was lucky to have had the interview today as my medical examination that I had taken the day before the K1 Visa interview - Oct. 6th, 2020 - was about to expire! At that point I would have had to submit the medical form 693!

It really lasts 1 year from the day you have it. 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
On 9/16/2021 at 7:14 AM, Ophelie Houlmann said:

Congratulations to all of you for getting closer to your green card!!! Really happy for y’all. 
I have a quick question; does anyone know how I could potentially speed up the process on my side…? I got my biometrics done in the beginning of August and it then changed to case is ready to be scheduled for an interview but since then nothing…. I would really love to have my combo card and finallly being able to start my career. I had already done a request regarding the travel authorization since it was technically out of normal processing time which is why I got my biometric appointment. But nothing since then and I don’t know if there is anything I could do to help speed it up? 
TIA 🙌🏼

Hey Ophelie, how are you? I am Emanuela:)

Listen, you cannot send an e-request for the travel document even though it is out of normal processing time. The e-request will not be taken into consideration if  both the working permit to which the travel document is related, is still within the timeframe of the normal processing times. 

3 hours ago, HolaHola said:

ATTENTION TO ALL THE K1 FILLERS: at the interview the lady said that I was lucky to have had the interview today as my medical examination that I had taken the day before the K1 Visa interview - Oct. 6th, 2020 - was about to expire! At that point I would have had to submit the medical form 693!

It really lasts 1 year from the day you have it. 

I thought that the rule is if you have submitted your AOS application within a year. 
However I heard that after October 1st all the interviewers will be required to be vaccinated. Take that info with reserve but I’m sure you’ll be informed on your notice of action if you have to be vaccinated. 

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Well that was easy. They barely asked us anything, just went over a few of the photos we submitted in advance looking for ones with our parents, then took some additional evidence I had, and explained the I-751 process. Case is under review, they mentioned they had to do some security stuff first, no updates on the case status yet.

Edited by JacobP

9 minutes ago, JacobP said:

Well that was easy. They barely asked us anything, just went over a few of the photos we submitted in advance looking for ones with our parents, then took some additional evidence I had, and explained the I-751 process. Case is under review, they mentioned they had to do some security stuff first, no updates on the case status yet.

Hope you will get good updates on your case.. what proof of relationship have you submitted at e time of AOS application? 

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Siggy said:

Hope you will get good updates on your case.. what proof of relationship have you submitted at e time of AOS application? 

Maybe a couple dozen photos, as many flight receipts as I could scrape up, and photocopies of whatever passport stamps we had. At the interview I gave them a couple of our joint tax transcript, copies of my employee benefits with with her on my health and dental plans, and a letter from my parents stating that we live with them along with a mortgage statement. They actually specifically requested that letter since we don't have our own place at the moment.

48 minutes ago, JacobP said:

Glad it went smooth and that you didnt have a really uncomfortable interview like I did. Your status will probably change tomorrow afternoon to new card being produced and hopefully by the end of the next week you’ll have your greenie 😊

Timeline
1 minute ago, LegalAlienn said:

Glad it went smooth and that you didnt have a really uncomfortable interview like I did. Your status will probably change tomorrow afternoon to new card being produced and hopefully by the end of the next week you’ll have your greenie 😊

Well her green card, I'm the petitioner lol. Yeah, it was hardly anything. They didn't even ask us anything about our relationship, we were totally prepared to tell our whole life story if they asked. Dunno why, but I'll go with it for now.

Timeline

And the case was just updated to "New Card is Being Produced". At 8PM at night. I guess they're working late.

On 9/30/2021 at 8:02 PM, JacobP said:

And the case was just updated to "New Card is Being Produced". At 8PM at night. I guess they're working late.

Congratulations!!! Was this at the downtown LA office?

Timeline
39 minutes ago, laylalex said:

Congratulations!!! Was this at the downtown LA office?

Nah, this was at the San Fernando Valley office down in Chatsworth. VisaJourney needs to add it sometime. On another note, the I-485 case status updated to "Approved" tonight at 9pm, after saying card was produced last night. Seems like all the cards tend to update like this.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Good morning everyone. I finally got my interview scheduled! I was wondering one thing; how was your interview? Did they separate your spouse and you in two different rooms to ask questions? Were you always together? 

Hi folks, 

Just got my green card interview scheduled for the first week of November (had biometrics done the first week of August).

Re: concerns about the medical exam expiring, I was wondering about this too - especially as there's not been any official mention of it being a problem (yet).

Also, I saw this below on an immigration lawyer's website, so fingers crossed there might be some wiggle room. Good luck all:

• USCIS Temporarily Extends Validity of Medical Exams: On August 12, 2021, USCIS announced that the validity period for Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, will be extended from two years to four years due to COVID-related delays in processing applications for adjustment of status. Medical reports still must be submitted to USCIS within 60 days of being signed by the civil surgeon.

Timeline

Re: Medicals

As far as I know, your overseas medicals don't expire as long as you filed the I-485 on the basis of your K-1 and your medical wasn't over 1 year old when you filed. The new vaccine requirements shouldn't invalidate the old medical, the new requirements should only apply to anyone doing a medical after the 1st of October. I think that 4 year extension for the I-693 was super limited and mostly doesn't apply anymore.

4 hours ago, Ophelie Houlmann said:

Good morning everyone. I finally got my interview scheduled! I was wondering one thing; how was your interview? Did they separate your spouse and you in two different rooms to ask questions? Were you always together? 

We weren't separated at any point, we were hardly asked any questions besides clarifying what was on some of the evidence. Your mileage may vary because some other people clearly have way different experiences.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.