HolaHola

January 2021 - AOS Fillers

129 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Our Biometrics were completed on July 19th. We submitted an expedite request for the EAD the next day (July 20). As of today no further updates. I chatted with Emma on Friday and got the standard blah blah blah...just wait from the very unhelpful agent.  Just wanting to vent today.  Happy to see so many of you moving forward.  

1 hour ago, KevinOtgoo said:

Our Biometrics were completed on July 19th. We submitted an expedite request for the EAD the next day (July 20). As of today no further updates. I chatted with Emma on Friday and got the standard blah blah blah...just wait from the very unhelpful agent.  Just wanting to vent today.  Happy to see so many of you moving forward.  

Sorry to hear that.. all I can advice you is to stay busy somehow, I know it’s hard but give your best. It sucks, but let’s hope you hear something in the next couple of weeks. 

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
On 8/25/2021 at 12:07 PM, KevinOtgoo said:

They got completely jammed with expedite requests recently as word started spreading on how to do it and how many people had positive results. It used to be something people only did occasionally when EADs weren't slated to take over 8 months.

Edited by JacobP

I stole JacobP's trick (i.e., using the chat function) to find out our interview date when all we knew was the notice was coming. October 7th! We also didn't expect to get an interview this quickly. 

Timeline
13 hours ago, laylalex said:

I stole JacobP's trick (i.e., using the chat function) to find out our interview date when all we knew was the notice was coming. October 7th! We also didn't expect to get an interview this quickly. 

The LA area field offices must've sped up or something recently. Granted, I think you're in the actual LA field office which is faster than mine, but still, it's great you guys got a date!

It's amazing - nothing nothing nothing and then it's running at warp speed. Well, warp speed for USCIS!

Best wishes for everyone else in the group still waiting for movement to get a similar surprise soon. :)

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Update: After calling our congressman and getting his assistance;

EAD: New Card is Being Produce (9/7/21)

I-485: Interview was Scheduled

So happy!!!!! 

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Update: on August 23rd my case turned into Interview is scheduled. Yesterday, my EAD turned into New Card is being produced. 

It is odd ### in less than 15 days I will have my interview but I don't complain! 😁

Hmmm woow same for me.. it changed yesterday for the EAD card is being produced and my interview is next Wednesday. I’m worried now that it wont arrive before the interview, and the notice says bring every ead card you’ve ever had with you. But oh well what can I do, not my fault lol

Timeline
2 hours ago, LegalAlienn said:

Hmmm woow same for me.. it changed yesterday for the EAD card is being produced and my interview is next Wednesday. I’m worried now that it wont arrive before the interview, and the notice says bring every ead card you’ve ever had with you. But oh well what can I do, not my fault lol

Exactly. 🤷🏻‍♀️. Any ideas on when it is supposed to turn into "Card has been mailed to me"?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 hours ago, HolaHola said:

Update: on August 23rd my case turned into Interview is scheduled. Yesterday, my EAD turned into New Card is being produced. 

It is odd ### in less than 15 days I will have my interview but I don't complain! 😁

Same here!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Netherlands
Timeline
5 minutes ago, JacobP said:

Wife's EAD was updated to being produced today as well. A little close to the interview but whatever.

Yesn same here, got my interview coming monday. But I got my SSN card in the mail today, yay!

Timeline
Just now, Kaatje said:

Yesn same here, got my interview coming monday. But I got my SSN card in the mail today, yay!

Wow! That's great! When was your EAD approved?

Timeline
1 minute ago, Kaatje said:

She got a SSN on her K1 I-94 but it's in her maiden name. She did ask for a new SSN card on the I-765 so hopefully they just update the name for us and avoid the headache of getting another appointment.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.