thesantina

IL Date Feb. 01, 2021 Passport Renewed

8 posts in this topic

Good Day VJers. I would like some feedback. My passport expired in 2020 and I renewed it and have a new one. Due to Covid19, the case was delayed dramatically. Should I bring my new passport to the interview along with the old one:

a. without sending an update on CEAC website under the "other' category of civil documents

b. submit the document on CEAC website under the "other' category of civil documents

If you have any experience with this I would greatly appreciate it. My interview is in ABU DHABI 

Edited by thesantina

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Just take the new passport to the interview along with the old one.  I doubt they'll even look at the old one, but you never know.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

On 7/10/2020 at 10:08 AM, Chia-Lyns said:

If all accepted, you should get an email with your immigrant visa case becoming *Documentarily qualified*

I was DQd and Scheduled for an Interview. I emailed the embassy and they replied in 10 minutes. They told me to upload the document on CEAC website.

3 minutes ago, pushbrk said:

Just take the new passport to the interview along with the old one.  I doubt they'll even look at the old one, but you never know.

Thank you, I emailed the embassy after the post and they replied in a few minutes saying I MUST upload the document on the CEAC website 

• 1 month later...
On 1/21/2021 at 11:11 AM, thesantina said:

Thank you, I emailed the embassy after the post and they replied in a few minutes saying I MUST upload the document on the CEAC website 

Hi,

please advise if you uploaded the document under “other” or somewhere else. 

5 minutes ago, Abioye said:

Hi,

please advise if you uploaded the document under “other” or somewhere else. 

I uploaded under "other"

9 minutes ago, thesantina said:

I uploaded under "other"

Thanks for quick response. One other thing, was the uploaded document accepted before your interview? My interview is next week Tuesday and I just got my new passport today. Just want to be sure it won’t be an issue. 

At the interview I notified them and they took the updated one. It is important to upload it before the interview 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.