Lyn84

ECC or CFO for dual passport holder

19 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, AlaMike said:

I was aware that my fiance would have to pay the exit tax. But will she have to pay for our son also? 

Dual passports and 7 months old. 

All infants less than 2 years old do not pay.

https://tieza.gov.ph/travel-tax-exemption/

Spouse

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

Stepdaughter

Nov. 29th, 2020: I-130 submitted online, NOA 1 Nov. 30th, 2020

Dec. 9th, 2020: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

Feb. 19th, 2021: I-130 Approved 😊

Feb. 25th, 2021: Welcome letter from NVC

Mar. 9th, 2021:  Received Hard Copy NOA 2 I-797 in mail

October, 2021: One Year Postponement of Move, Visa Completion On Hold

Feb. 4th, 2022: Submitted DS 260

On 1/20/2021 at 11:44 AM, Cyberfx1024 said:

I have heard this as well. The one I have heard is that someone files a false case against someone then putting them in jail until the court date, then that person overstays the visa, gets found not guilty and still forced to leave the country on the black list

I just heard a story llike you described.  The Philippines has some law about a male can't be alone or in presence of a minor without an adult around.

The poor dude was charged and spent some time like a few months in some dirty PI jail cell which was overcrowded and dirty,  after a few months the girl admitted to lying and he was released.  Then BI got him for overstay and made him pay a large fine to exit and then blacklisted.

3 hours ago, Allovertheworld said:

I just heard a story llike you described.  The Philippines has some law about a male can't be alone or in presence of a minor without an adult around.

The poor dude was charged and spent some time like a few months in some dirty PI jail cell which was overcrowded and dirty,  after a few months the girl admitted to lying and he was released.  Then BI got him for overstay and made him pay a large fine to exit and then blacklisted.

Yeah I have heard a similar story as well. The young guy (20's) was dating a young girl around the same age, they broke up and he found someone else. So she accused him of sexual assault, got him thrown in jail, and then she ends up recanting months later. Now he is a overstay, forced him to pay the fine, and blacklisted as well. He said that the first night he was in jail the cops told him that they could make it all go away if he paid them some money. 

I believe I have seen the story you are talking about. 

Edited by Cyberfx1024

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.