Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

if we don't have any vaccination record before...

did we get required vaccination on medical exam day by doctors, or we need to do by own before day of medical exam...

is anyone have any tips for this how previous vaccination record work

Timeline
1 minute ago, Mi and Di said:

did we get required vaccination on medical exam day by doctors, or we need to do by own before day of medical exam...

You can get titers done with your doctor and get the vaccinations before the medical. Some of the panel doctors don’t do vaccinations on site so you’ll have to check their website to see if they do. 

Timeline
9 minutes ago, Mi and Di said:

I don't know where you are located but for Mississauga peel you can get a record of your immunization here: https://www.peelregion.ca/immunize/

I checked here couple of months ago and noticed I was due for 1-2 vaccines in 2021 so I got them done. Ensure all vaccines (flu, Dip, etc) based on the medical requirements are completed prior to the medical - I attached a picture from Dr. Lyndon Mascarenhas office in Toronto. You print out the form and get it signed from your current doctor prior to your medical. Majority locations (Toronto area) require all immunizations completed before but I have heard MTL medical gives vaccines if required (not 100% sure). 

Screen Shot 2021-01-18 at 1.56.21 PM.png

2 hours ago, JACHA said:

I too was also confused about this as well. Can anyone confirm that the spouse aka petitioner does not need to attend?

2 hours ago, fxch3 said:

I can't believe I'm saying this but I got my IL today! I am so happy, congrats to everyone that did. :) 

DQ: May 29, 2020 

ID: Feb 17, 2020 

Quick question for everyone: 

"Only family members listed below in the "Additional Applicants" section who are intending to immigrate at this time must appear at the Embassy/Consulate General on the appointment date" My husband name is under this section, does he have to attend the interview with me? He lives in America, works there, I'm 90% sure he won't be able to come here in such a short time with the quarantine act as well. Is everyone attending the interview with their spouse? 

My wife received a IV, but my name is also in the additional applicants (spelled slightly wrong as well lol). Am... I suppose to go? I'm not sure how. I would have to quarantine for two weeks and it would require me leaving at the end of this week. 

Timeline

I haven't seen this answered yet but please correct me if I'm wrong. Some folks in the FB group are inquiring about whether we need to show proof of health insurance in the US at the time of the interview. Can anyone kindly advise? I didn't see anything mentioned in the FAQ.

Timeline

Congrats to everyone who received their letters, happy to see things are moving even if it's the speed it was before that stupid curfew.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

No you do not, For everyone who got their IL and is scrambling to answer question I would recommend reading the FAQ, check out: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/us-visas/Supplements/Supplements_by_Post/MTL-Montreal.html?fbclid=IwAR0UzfL5eDFmjBWvK8igA_D_y3N-fQAoXmZaEctPQammho6oLxI9C1bUmb0#pre_interview_checklist and go back through december and january in the first thread that is locked to see reviews of the interview process. The reviews generally include documents needed and questions asked. 

I'm seeing it in the FAQ now - my find function didn't return any results for some reason but I see it's next to the public charge section. TYSM for clarifying!

Timeline

Is anyone else getting error booking their appointment at the US embassy website? Mine says the following: The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment. If you have not received an appointment letter/email from the National Visa Center (NVC), you can check the status of your IV case at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/nvc.html.

Timeline
2 minutes ago, Specter said:

Is anyone else getting error booking their appointment at the US embassy website? Mine says the following: The Immigrant Visa case number provided is not ready to schedule an appointment. If you have not received an appointment letter/email from the National Visa Center (NVC), you can check the status of your IV case at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/immigrate/nvc.html.

This is normal. Allow 24/48H before you can confirm the appointment. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Interview dates:

@Allis0n, @scottandlisag, @Coco Beau, @chanel167, @Mi and Di, @betzzymathew, @Abe&Noha

?

Edited by Hawk Riders

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.