Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Question for people who have gone through the CR2/IR2 process, specifically interviews with your children. I notice Montreal leaves you to wait for a while once you arrive for your interview. If you come with your child/children, do they make you wait as long? My son is autistic and waiting is going to be an issue if they don't allow for electronics in the waiting area, but if I know ahead of time, I can prepare my son for this. Given the current schedule and barring any further delays, my son will also be 15 by the time of the interview. Will we be interviewed at the same time, or will they interview him separately? If our interview takes place while my son is still 14, will that change anything? I have not had to declare anything about my son's autism in any of the paperwork (though it's mentioned in the custody agreement), and I don't believe the medical checks for such conditions, but can I/should I let them know prior to the interview about my son's autism and the issue with waiting times? If anyone here has interviewed with small children or with autistic children, I'd appreciate any information or suggestions you might have. Thanks. 

1 hour ago, RowRow said:

Made it to the US on Friday! Drove to my nearest POE and imported my vehicle. Didn't have to leave the car and took approximately 40 minutes.

Do you what percentage of tax they do when you import? And how they figure out the value?

Timeline

Question about SSN. I've read in the FAQ that If you selected "Yes" on the DS-260 to receive your SSN, you will get it in the mail. Was this the question that was being referenced: 

"Do you authorize disclosure of information from this form to the Department of Homeland Security, the Social Security Administration, and such other U.S. Government agencies as may be required for the purposes of assigning you a social security number (SSN) and issuing you a Social Security card and do you authorize the Social Security Administration to share your SSN with the Department of Homeland Security? 

I just want to confirm that I don't have to call the SSN office to book an appointment as I see from the previous posts that people are having trouble getting an appointment.

Thanks

Timeline
47 minutes ago, Jmillerca said:

Do you what percentage of tax they do when you import? And how they figure out the value?

If your car was made in one of the NAFTA countries, then my understanding is none. (I didn't pay anything and my car was made in Alabama). I called CBP prior and they were helpful answering any questions. 

Hope this helps!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
4 hours ago, CGs_Mother said:

Question for people who have gone through the CR2/IR2 process, specifically interviews with your children. I notice Montreal leaves you to wait for a while once you arrive for your interview. If you come with your child/children, do they make you wait as long? My son is autistic and waiting is going to be an issue if they don't allow for electronics in the waiting area, but if I know ahead of time, I can prepare my son for this. Given the current schedule and barring any further delays, my son will also be 15 by the time of the interview. Will we be interviewed at the same time, or will they interview him separately? If our interview takes place while my son is still 14, will that change anything? I have not had to declare anything about my son's autism in any of the paperwork (though it's mentioned in the custody agreement), and I don't believe the medical checks for such conditions, but can I/should I let them know prior to the interview about my son's autism and the issue with waiting times? If anyone here has interviewed with small children or with autistic children, I'd appreciate any information or suggestions you might have. Thanks. 

My 2 were 13yo and 9yo when we interviewed.  There was another very pregnant lady with a 2yo who we'd seen during our medical at Medisys. They didn't have to wait quite as long as we did, which was good for mom because the medicals the week before had taken forever and at one point at the consulate she, exhausted, turned to her husband and said "this better not take 4 hours like before because stickers are NOT going to keep her occupied that long!" (the little one was BUSY and playing with stickers after having done about 10 other things already...I honestly felt for her). 

We waited the standard time, I'd say. I got called up an extra time because something didn't scan correctly and then I had to redo my fingerprints, so my kids sat and waited while I did that.  The interview itself - we were all together.  I got asked the majority of the questions and the interviewer asked the kids a couple of casual, easy things because Kid1 was tiggering with excitement.  Kid2 has a mood disorder (we initially thought super high functioning ASD because there are ASD tendencies in behaviour), so I thought no electronics was going to be a challenge, but we had a book that Kid2 was content to read, so no issues.  I think it was about 2 hours total.  There is a writeup on my profile. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
On 1/29/2021 at 4:43 PM, Jmillerca said:

Yeah Im here in Canada and yes they’te making people stay at hotels it costs around 2000

they have started making people stay at hotels already??? I thought it was just an announcement that they will be implementing it soon

Timeline
1 hour ago, B&Grr said:

they have started making people stay at hotels already??? I thought it was just an announcement that they will be implementing it soon

I saw something this afternoon that I believe said as early as this Thursday.  

Timeline
15 hours ago, W&D said:

Hey, currently im aboard and my trip have been cancels thanks to the new traveling restrictions. My DQ date is Sep 22 , I was thinking to stay aboard until April 30.  I really need your help should I stay or go back home ? I really don't want to miss my interview date. 

•  

I am in the same boat as you and I am also worried about the same thing. We were DQ September 2 and I am also outside of Canada right now during the pandemic. Before I was praying for my interview to be as soon as possible but now given Canadas new restrictions until April 30, I am praying that it wont be too soon because I dont even know how I would get to Canada right now! Looking at the timelines, it seems UNLIKELY that our interview will be scheduled before April 30. What do you guys think

Timeline
1 hour ago, YYZ&MIA said:

I am in the same boat as you and I am also worried about the same thing. We were DQ September 2 and I am also outside of Canada right now during the pandemic. Before I was praying for my interview to be as soon as possible but now given Canadas new restrictions until April 30, I am praying that it wont be too soon because I dont even know how I would get to Canada right now! Looking at the timelines, it seems UNLIKELY that our interview will be scheduled before April 30. What do you guys think

My DQ date is September 1 and my PD date is January 28, 2020 (happy anniversary to me :\ ), so I figured the interviews would be in May at the very earliest. 

The Mandatory $2000 Quarantine has no fixed start date or end date for the moment, though there was an announcement this week saying that the earliest this would be implemented is February 8, 2021 (the day after Super Bowl). They have not announced an end date for the $2000 Quarantine - the April 30, 2021 date is the date that flights will resume to the "sun destinations" (Mexico, the Caribbean, etc.). It is entirely possible that the $2000 Quarantine may be in place after April 30.

If you can't get back to Canada this week (they are arranging for anyone stuck in a "sun destination" to be flown home this week, so check with the local consulate if you're in one of those places), be prepared to pay that $2000 for a 3-day stay when you do return, in addition to the 14 day quarantine.

(I was following this whole thing closely because I was supposed to go to Texas on February 4 to spend the month with my husband, figuring it was our last time to be together before the interview. Since the Canadian government does not define family reunification as essential (the US does btw), I simply cannot afford to pay the quarantine fees and am just going to now stay here until the interview, not knowing when I'll next be able to see him. :( ) 

Timeline
24 minutes ago, CGs_Mother said:

My DQ date is September 1 and my PD date is January 28, 2020 (happy anniversary to me 😕 ), so I figured the interviews would be in May at the very earliest. 

The Mandatory $2000 Quarantine has no fixed start date or end date for the moment, though there was an announcement this week saying that the earliest this would be implemented is February 8, 2021 (the day after Super Bowl). They have not announced an end date for the $2000 Quarantine - the April 30, 2021 date is the date that flights will resume to the "sun destinations" (Mexico, the Caribbean, etc.). It is entirely possible that the $2000 Quarantine may be in place after April 30.

If you can't get back to Canada this week (they are arranging for anyone stuck in a "sun destination" to be flown home this week, so check with the local consulate if you're in one of those places), be prepared to pay that $2000 for a 3-day stay when you do return, in addition to the 14 day quarantine.

(I was following this whole thing closely because I was supposed to go to Texas on February 4 to spend the month with my husband, figuring it was our last time to be together before the interview. Since the Canadian government does not define family reunification as essential (the US does btw), I simply cannot afford to pay the quarantine fees and am just going to now stay here until the interview, not knowing when I'll next be able to see him. :( ) 

Yeah, based on my calculations and looking at the trends in this forum I figured May or June EARLIEST for those DQd in September 2020. Plus, the people in this forum constitute a % of those waiting and not all right so I figured even longer which in this case would benefit me because of the bizarre new restrictions imposed by Canada like the $2000 Quarantine which is crazy. The problem is that I am in Europe right now and getting a flight to Canada right now is nearly impossible. I hoped that everything will begin resuming once they begin vaccinating people etc. but it seems like things are stalling again. 

1 minute ago, Specter said:

Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!! In at 7:45 AM.. Out at 8:45AM!! Everyone was really friendly and Helpful!! Detailed Story Later!! Can appreciate more for all the help this forum has offered!!!! Peace :) :) :) 

Yay congrats 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.