Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Is the Canadian police certificate suppose to be valid until crossing the border or if it’s valid at the interview time is enough? 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, Allis0n said:

Can someone tell me, do I need to also click "Submit Documents" after I've uploaded them? What does this do? Our attorney uploaded the documents at the NVC stage so I'm not as familiar.

Yes; until you "submit," they aren't sent.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
31 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

Yes; until you "submit," they aren't sent.

Thank you! This might sound dumb, but if I click submit, can I still submit more documents later? I guess I'm concerned that I click submit now, then say they ask me to upload something else after the interview, but because I clicked submit already I can't submit more documents after the interview.

Timeline
10 hours ago, jackanddeona said:

I went to see Dr. Cheema in Surrey yesterday and here is my review:

I stayed at the Best Western on King George Highway. It was the closest hotel to the office. It was decent although the road noise and heater turning on kept waking me up (I was a little nervous about being late so that might have contributed as well). It was about a 10 minute drive to the office of Dr. Cheema from there. My appointment was at 7 am so I arrived at 6:55 and the doors were already open. They gave me some paperwork to fill out, took my picture, scanned my id and confirmed my vaccines. Then, after a 10 minute wait, I was taken in to the clinic where they weighed and measured me. I waited about one minute for Dr. Cheema in the room. He came in quickly and was very concerned with getting the medical done as quickly as possible. Checked vision, breathing, and asked me some medical history questions. Overall very quick and painless. Took about 5 minutes.

After that was done I received the forms required for bloodwork, urine test and chest x-ray. I would recommend if you are not driving to Surrey to rent a car. There was about 15 minutes of driving between the 3 locations so would have extended the day quite a bit to have to walk or wait for rides. Both other tests were very simple. I did not sign up for the wait list for blood tests as some other posters have recommended. I figured being so early in the morning I wouldn't have an issue and I was correct. It took about 15 minutes to get blood done. That being said there was a waitlist forming after I left so later appointments should take advantage of it. The x-ray lab parking is behind the building itself, took me a bit to find. The x-ray was very simple and quick as well. Overall the experience was fairly painless and about an hour and a half but I was lucky with the early time of my appointment.

Hi 

How do they confirm your vaccines? 

I haven't taken any for at least 20 years (wasn't required to immigrate to Canada) and my last vaccination record dates way back to the early 80ies lol. Do you know what are the requirements? What are the ways of checking what you're immune to? 

Many thanks 

Timeline
30 minutes ago, Nikasalts said:

Hi 

How do they confirm your vaccines? 

I haven't taken any for at least 20 years (wasn't required to immigrate to Canada) and my last vaccination record dates way back to the early 80ies lol. Do you know what are the requirements? What are the ways of checking what you're immune to? 

Many thanks 

You need physical proof of vaccination (i.e. vaccination records) and if you're unable to provide that, you can get a titer blood test done with a family doctor or walk-in medical clinic to determine which vaccines you've already had. There is no blood test to determine if you've had Td/Tdap though so you'll want to get that, plus depending on when your medical is (e.g. if it's during flu season) you'll need to get the flu shot as well.

Here's a screenshot of the current vaccine requirements based on age. Please note this is for Dr. Cheema's office specifically so some information may be different depending on where your medical is (e.g. the time period for which your specific medical office requires the flu shot).

Screen Shot 2021-01-27 at 7.43.16 PM.png

Edited by sjb17

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

x

Edited by Hawk Riders
deleted since others have more patience

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

@Nikasalts I should add that, for additional reference, there's a FAQ with lots of good information to the types of questions you may have here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Edited by sjb17
typo

Timeline
8 minutes ago, sjb17 said:

You need physical proof of vaccination (i.e. vaccination records) and if you're unable to provide that, you can get a titer blood test done with a family doctor or walk-in medical clinic to determine which vaccines you've already had. There is no blood test to determine if you've had Td/Tdap though so you'll want to get that, plus depending on when your medical is (e.g. if it's during flu season) you'll need to get the flu shot as well.

Thank you :)

Timeline
2 minutes ago, sjb17 said:

@Nikasalts I should add that, for additional reference, there's a FAQ with lots of good information to the times of questions you may have here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

This is amazing, 

Thank you :)

Timeline
12 hours ago, Skaur0609 said:

Yes, his report expired back in November. He was stuck in India because of Covid. He got to Canada on Jan 6th and had to quarantine. As soon as quarantine was done, we did the report. We were told police report will take 10 days.

Was your Indian Police Clearance expired or just Canadian?

Timeline
36 minutes ago, Specter said:

Was your Indian Police Clearance expired or just Canadian?

Hi my husband got updated Indian police report before moving back to Canada. Only Canadian one was expired.

Timeline
9 hours ago, Ptitchou said:

Anyone know how long I need to book myself for Dr Mascharenas & testing? I have my appt with him on Feb 1st at 1pm, but have a work meeting at 4pm. I'm hopeful I can make it back home in time (I'm a 15 min drive from there). 

I was done in about 1.5 hours or so! The longest wait was for the lab tests. I would keep 2 hours just to be safe. 

Good Morning!

First time posting here. And I must say, this forum/group has been incredibly helpful throughout all of the stress with Covid. ❤️ 

As our waiting process becomes longer and longer there have been a few things that I was planning on doing after my husband moved to the States, but now it's looking like I might have to do some of it before his interview. Can someone just ease my anxiety-ridden soul and let me know if these things are possible and what we would have to do, or bring to the interview if these changes happened.

1. I would like to change my last name to his. When we got married there was a lot of other things going on, so I didn't get the chance to change it before we started the whole visa process. And the 2 year deadline to change it easily is coming up. 

2. I'll be possibly moving in the next 2-3 months. I'm assuming there's a form to fill out for address change?

3. I also might be getting a different job/pay rate. This pay rate will most likely be less than what I'm receiving now, so does anyone know off-hand what is the salary qualifications to sponsor your spouse? I just want to make sure I wouldn't be getting paid too little before accepting any new job. 

Thank you!

Timeline
16 hours ago, Dbrennan said:

Hi everyone!

I read on a government website to call if you haven’t received your SSN within 3 weeks of entering the US. I called the number and waited on hold for 30 mins and the woman told me I would have to go into my local SS office (which is in another city) for an interview? I tried to explain to her that I was pretty sure I didn’t have to do that, that I should just get my SSN sent to my house but she just repeated the same thing. I’m confused now haha. I live in California and I entered the US with my IR1 on January 2, already received my physical green card also! 

Did you call to get an appointment if so did they told you how long you have to wait to have an appointment? 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.