Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Allis0n said:

Did they tell you that you should have uploaded the new police certificate to CEAC before the interview? I only ask because I also have a new police certificate to present at the interview because mine expired, too. So I'm wondering if I should upload it to CEAC. I hadn't even thought I'd need to, just planned to bring the new one to the interview.

6 minutes ago, jackanddeona said:

Surrey isn't the nicest place for a walk. If you have a rental car it doesn't really matter where you stay as you could drive to hiking areas or in to surrey for the medical. I booked at the closest hotel just because.

smart, for some reason it didn't even cross my mind to rent a car haha. I just planned to taxi everywhere but that is way better. Thank you.

Edited by Coco Beau

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My visa status was updated today to “ISSUED” with the “necessary administrative processing” note.

I am no expert but that sounds not too bad to me. They told you it was approved at the interview and it says "ISSUED" on CEAC. I don't know for sure but that doesn't sound like it will take much extra time...? Who can say though. Very possible I'll wind up in the same boat as you.

Timeline
8 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

Do you have an address arranged for the US yet? Be aware, per our experience and others', that the GC may be egregiously delayed 😕

It also sounds like you'll be dealing with income from foreign sources as an element of filing your 2021 US taxes next year. That's a topic you'll probably want to invest some reading time on, as well as the CRA residency determination form...

I'm curious of your story @Hawk Riders.  What caused your delay?

Timeline

Can anyone clarify if a new I-864 is necessary to bring to the interview? I have a copy of the one that we submitted to CEAC last year, but I've seen conflicting info about whether you need to fill out a new one to bring to the interview. My husband's financial situation hasn't changed.

Hi everyone. Interview is coming up and I'm a bit confused. My lawyer said I don't need to take originals/copies of some of the documents I uploaded to CEAC, but in another letter I received sometime last year it said I should bring originals/copies of everything I uploaded :/. I tried to look through the FAQ and Montreals checklist, and from my understanding these should be taken (in my case which is joint-sponsorship ) 

1.) I-864 

2.) Most Recent Tax Return 

3.) W-2

4.) Pay Stubs

Does this seem fair for on the financial documents? Obviously other stuff too (marriage certificate, copy of birth certificate, etc.) 

4 minutes ago, Allis0n said:

Can anyone clarify if a new I-864 is necessary to bring to the interview? I have a copy of the one that we submitted to CEAC last year, but I've seen conflicting info about whether you need to fill out a new one to bring to the interview. My husband's financial situation hasn't changed.

I have the same question.

Edited by AfterMath

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, KStene22 said:

I'm curious of your story @Hawk Riders.  What caused your delay?

Dunno. It's been 90 days now since POE so we'll submit a case inquiry. 

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline
On 1/21/2021 at 10:42 AM, stephanieingvo123 said:

I'm so relieved to hear you say this! That this is probably the easiest part. My interview is Feb 12 and I'm getting nervous for all the moving parts but thankful to read about all of your experiences! 

I was nervous as well lol. I told my husband afterward that I couldn't believe is was so nervous for nothing but you dont really know until you have your own experience. I think yours will be just as smooth. Good luck! 🙏🏽😊

Timeline
40 minutes ago, Hawk Riders said:

Dunno. It's been 90 days now since POE so we'll submit a case inquiry. 

From my experience, I submitted an inquiry after 90 days. They forwarded my inquiry to another place. I did't hear from them for another month, and so I submitted another inquiry. When I submitted the second inquiry, I also submitted a report to the ombudsman, who responded within days telling me that the situation has been handled. A few days after I submitted to the ombudsman, I get a message stating my card is being printed and received my card a couple weeks after that.

I was not in a particular rush to get it, but it was hanging over my head. I did wonder if I involved the ombudsman earlier, whether I would get it sooner. However, the ombudsman submission requires you to highlight what you have already done to try to resolve the issue, so make sure you keep a trail.

Timeline
6 hours ago, Abhikochar said:

Yes, that's what I am thinking too. Just go to Cali. And wait for his green card. Once he gets it then come back for few months to Toronto so he can do his work in Toronto and keep looking for work in the u.s. also, my husband and I are not willing to live apart either. I was ok with it initially, but my husband said no to even a month or so. So let's see how this whole thing goes for us. How long has it been for you now that you are waiting for the green card?

Once you activate your visa in your passport, your visa in your passport because your temporary green card. I used it to get my driver's license and to apply for work with no issues. The physical green card took me approximately 5 months to get with some persistent nagging. Once you hit 90 days, you can submit any inquiry. I submitted twice, prior to involving the ombudsman.

Timeline
1 hour ago, AfterMath said:

Hi everyone. Interview is coming up and I'm a bit confused. My lawyer said I don't need to take originals/copies of some of the documents I uploaded to CEAC, but in another letter I received sometime last year it said I should bring originals/copies of everything I uploaded :/. I tried to look through the FAQ and Montreals checklist, and from my understanding these should be taken (in my case which is joint-sponsorship ) 

1.) I-864 

2.) Most Recent Tax Return 

3.) W-2

4.) Pay Stubs

Does this seem fair for on the financial documents? Obviously other stuff too (marriage certificate, copy of birth certificate, etc.) 

I have the same question.

I did not bring a new I-864 aside from the original one uploaded to CEAC nor did they ask for it. They asked for most recent tax return. She did ask if I had a W2 but my husband is self employed so I did not have that. She asked me for 1 passport photo, original birth certificate, original marriage certificate, original police certificate and tax transcript. Hope that helps, good luck with rest of your journey!

Edited by T & R G
Spelling error

Timeline
49 minutes ago, T & R G said:

I did not bring a new I-864 aside from the original one uploaded to CEAC nor did they ask for it. They asked for most recent tax return. She did ask if I had a W2 but my husband is self employed so I did not have that. She asked me for 1 passport photo, original birth certificate, original marriage certificate, original police certificate and tax transcript. Hope that helps, good luck with rest of your journey!

These are exactly the documents I was asked for, as well.  I was not asked for W2’s or pay stubs, only 1040’s. 

Edited by M Brown

Timeline
1 hour ago, ADW & JOP said:

From my experience, I submitted an inquiry after 90 days. They forwarded my inquiry to another place. I didn't hear from them for another month, and so I submitted another inquiry. When I submitted the second inquiry, I also submitted a report to the ombudsman, who responded within days telling me that the situation has been handled. A few days after I submitted to the ombudsman, I get a message stating my card is being printed and received my card a couple weeks after that.

AAArrrgh! This is a dead end; the receipt number and IVF form *are* properly selected!  https://egov.uscis.gov/e-request/createOnptCase.do 

The following error(s) need to be corrected:

• You must select the Form Number associated to your Receipt Number. The Form Number you selected does not match our records for that Receipt Number."

-----------------------------------------------

Maybe they'll respond to a message from the account...

Form: null (I-551)

Receipt number: IOE##########

Service item number: ########

Initiate a case inquiry; it has been more than 90 days since paying the fee and since POE.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Timeline

I can't believe it... My interview is on January 20th!! My DQ was April 29th :)

@FrostyDog, were you approved?

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Canada.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.