Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
1 hour ago, zor435 said:

The document they requested had been submitted October 21 and the status says it has been accepted but no other email received after that. Does the status accepted indicate its been reviewed. I haven't called them yet maybe I should. 

I received an email indicating I was "documentarily qualified", and also a message in the CEAC online portal with the title "all required applicant documents have been received and approved". When I open the message it again says "documentarily qualified". So there's no ambiguity! Good luck and I hope you get an answer over the phone.

Edited by HD_BIRDS

Timeline
16 minutes ago, zor435 said:

So the officer told me that the required document uploaded by my lawyer had been uploaded to the wrong section and therefore delayed my case. If I hadn't inquired about it, I wouldve kept waiting, thinking that my lawyer will done everything for us. 

Just saw this update, that's unfortunate. It shouldn't take long now though if all of the forms are uploaded and they don't request anything else.

Timeline

@zor435 I hope you get your answers soon!  I had originally submitted a form under the wrong heading and it added a 5 week delay until we were DQ'd.  😔  Major bummer!  

Edited by KStene22

Timeline

Anyone here who had their interview already but did not have the tax transcript? I had paper filed my 2019 tax return and it is still not processed due to back logs at IRS. Is the tax transcript absolutely necessary or the W2 and 1040 will enough?  My interview should be in the next around hopefully and I am worried about not having the 2019 tax transcript. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, AnkitShah20 said:

Anyone here who had their interview already but did not have the tax transcript? I had paper filed my 2019 tax return and it is still not processed due to back logs at IRS. Is the tax transcript absolutely necessary or the W2 and 1040 will enough?  My interview should be in the next around hopefully and I am worried about not having the 2019 tax transcript. 

I'm also in the same boat. My husband is self-employed, so we uploaded 3 years of transcripts, but the IRS is crazy backlogged and our transcript is still not available. He obviously doesn't have a W2 but I do have a copy of the 1040 so I'm hopeful that's accepted. 

Does anyone know if/when you receive a biometrics appointment? I have my interview date now in Feb and have booked my medical but there is no info regarding the biometrics. Am I missing something? 

Timeline
2 hours ago, PennyLaneB said:

She said my visa was approved and said it would take about 2-3 weeks to receive my visa/passport. 

The whole thing took about 2 hours. 

Medical: December 29, 2020 (Dr. Cheema)
DQ: April 27, 2020
IL: December 11, 2020
Interview: January 20, 2021

I wish you all the best! :)

Yay! Many congrats.

Timeline
7 hours ago, AnkitShah20 said:

My situation is same as yours. Only have 1040 and this is what CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ documents says: You don't need a US tax transcript if you have a photocopy (or PDF printout) of the complete 1040 and accompanying schedules available instead (i.e. the whole tax return).

Timeline
15 hours ago, AnkitShah20 said:

I was in the same boat from my interview yesterday. I didn’t have the 2019 transcript from my husband and they didn’t ask for it you could read my experience in the thread. 
I didn’t volunteer giving them any documents I just stuck with whatever they asked me. 

18 hours ago, HD_BIRDS said:

That seems like a very long time. We submitted all documents to NVC end Nov., received a RFE (request for evidence) 4 days later, and an email indicating we were DQ'd 7 days after sending in the missing document. So in total it only took 2 weeks, and that included an RFE. Are you sure there isn't a message when you login? Have you called the NVC?

We lost two months because we thought we were DQed.  The messages at that time did not display properly.  Perhaps they still don't.  We only learned what was missing by calling.  We submitted the same day and got the DQed email within a few days.  Everything showed paid and accepted but there was still one thing missing.  It is absolutely necessary to call NVC.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
8 hours ago, Coco Beau said:

Does anyone know if/when you receive a biometrics appointment? I have my interview date now in Feb and have booked my medical but there is no info regarding the biometrics. Am I missing something? 

biometrics is not part of this process

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

19 hours ago, T & R G said:

CR1- interview: Just had my interview this morning 9:00am. I arrived at 8:54 I waited approx 3 mins lol. Went through security no problem. Took elevator to 1st floor where I was directed to window #6 gave my passport. Sat down and waited. I was called to another window where she took my fingerprints. I was asked for 1 passport photo (she scanned and returned it to me) original birth certificate, original marriage certificate, original police clearance and husband's 2019 tax transcripts. She asked who was my petitioner, what is his address in the U.S. and what is my address in Canada. She gave me a pamphlet on domestic violence and told me to have a seat I will be called for the interview soon. I was called to a 3rd window where he had me swear to a oath, took fingerprints again (as my electronic signature) he asked me how and when my husband and I met, when we got married, what does he do for a living, do we have any children together. He then said everything looked good (my medical results had made it in time, I gave LOTS of time lol) I was approved. My passport will be sent back to me within 7-10 days. He let me know i have 6 months from time of my medical to cross into the U.S. He returned my original documents to me and said good luck with everything. I was in there for about 1hr 40mins. Everyone was extremely nice and helpful, I truly feel as though I was nervous and edgy for nothing this final part of the process was probably the easiest part but it is complete and I am so excited and relieved. Please let me know if I can help give any info according to my experience. Best of luck to everyone! 😊🥳

I'm so relieved to hear you say this! That this is probably the easiest part. My interview is Feb 12 and I'm getting nervous for all the moving parts but thankful to read about all of your experiences! 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.