Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I've booked my appointment with Dr Mascarenhas for Feb 1 with the knowledge that it's unlikely the medical will get to the consulate by my Feb 8 interview. I spoke with him directly by phone because we needed to discuss my situation with still recovering from COVID. He was very nice on the phone and let me know they'd give me a deferral letter just in case. 

Does anyone know if I'm able to get a copy of my xray after it's done? I need to get another chest x-ray for my own GP to check the progress of my lungs so if obviously prefer to reduce the amount of x-rays I get at one time and just get that one sent to my GP. 

Timeline
On 1/17/2021 at 2:31 PM, zor435 said:

I have submitted all documents but have not received an email from NVC to state that I am DQ. Everything was submitted on October 21,2020. How long does it take them to process the submitted documents?

That seems like a very long time. We submitted all documents to NVC end Nov., received a RFE (request for evidence) 4 days later, and an email indicating we were DQ'd 7 days after sending in the missing document. So in total it only took 2 weeks, and that included an RFE. Are you sure there isn't a message when you login? Have you called the NVC?

59 minutes ago, HD_BIRDS said:

That seems like a very long time. We submitted all documents to NVC end Nov., received a RFE (request for evidence) 4 days later, and an email indicating we were DQ'd 7 days after sending in the missing document. So in total it only took 2 weeks, and that included an RFE. Are you sure there isn't a message when you login? Have you called the NVC?

The document they requested had been submitted October 21 and the status says it has been accepted but no other email received after that. Does the status accepted indicate its been reviewed. I haven't called them yet maybe I should. 

14 minutes ago, zor435 said:

The document they requested had been submitted October 21 and the status says it has been accepted but no other email received after that. Does the status accepted indicate its been reviewed. I haven't called them yet maybe I should. 

I didn't receive an email about DQ, I don't think most people do. You will get a message on the CEAC site though. If you click it, there will be little tab that says DQ. Here is a photo:

Screenshot_20210120-152609.png

Edited by Dania A

7 minutes ago, Dania A said:

I didn't receive an email about DQ, I don't think most people do. You will get a message on the CEAC site though. If you click it, there will be little tab that says DQ. Here is a photo:

Screenshot_20210120-152609.png

I don't see that. The last message in my box is asking for the additional information which had been submitted and accepted. But no additional message received 

Just now, zor435 said:

I don't see that. The last message in my box is asking for the additional information which had been submitted and accepted. But no additional message received 

I think you should call them right away then. I called today about a document that was denied for no reason, and the officer I spoke to corrected this mistake right away. I was DQ'd two hours later. I was on hold for about an hour, but I've read if you call them right when they open, you can get through faster. Good luck!!

13 minutes ago, Dania A said:

I think you should call them right away then. I called today about a document that was denied for no reason, and the officer I spoke to corrected this mistake right away. I was DQ'd two hours later. I was on hold for about an hour, but I've read if you call them right when they open, you can get through faster. Good luck!!

Thanks, I am on the call right now trying to figure out, we have been waiting for the last 3 months thinking we were DQ.. pretty frustrating to say the least. 

Timeline
7 minutes ago, zor435 said:

Thanks, I am on the call right now trying to figure out, we have been waiting for the last 3 months thinking we were DQ.. pretty frustrating to say the least. 

Try not to get too discouraged.  It’s a marathon not a sprint.  Trust me the wait can be excruciating at times.  Trust me I feel your current pain. 

Timeline
2 hours ago, Ptitchou said:

I've booked my appointment with Dr Mascarenhas for Feb 1 with the knowledge that it's unlikely the medical will get to the consulate by my Feb 8 interview. I spoke with him directly by phone because we needed to discuss my situation with still recovering from COVID. He was very nice on the phone and let me know they'd give me a deferral letter just in case. 

Does anyone know if I'm able to get a copy of my xray after it's done? I need to get another chest x-ray for my own GP to check the progress of my lungs so if obviously prefer to reduce the amount of x-rays I get at one time and just get that one sent to my GP. 

Dr. Cheema's guide says they will give a cd afterwards with your x-ray (I booked recently for my interview) not sure if Dr. Mascarenhas does or not. Maybe someone who has seen him can confirm?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
38 minutes ago, Dania A said:

I was DQ'd two hours later.

Congrats on being our first 2021 DQ (who's spoken up)!

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

1 hour ago, Dania A said:

So the officer told me that the required document uploaded by my lawyer had been uploaded to the wrong section and therefore delayed my case. If I hadn't inquired about it, I wouldve kept waiting, thinking that my lawyer will done everything for us. 

8 minutes ago, zor435 said:

So the officer told me that the required document uploaded by my lawyer had been uploaded to the wrong section and therefore delayed my case. If I hadn't inquired about it, I wouldve kept waiting, thinking that my lawyer will done everything for us.

Ah man, that really sucks :( It's a good thing that you were able to get a hold of an officer today though. I hope you will get DQ asap and that the rest of your visa journey will go more smoothly. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.