Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

34 minutes ago, VIR CHAMP said:

This was helpful to me. Thank you.

Hi - did you get your Indian police certificate from Indian consulate in Toronto? If so, can you please confirm what does it say? I recently got one and mine says -

It is certified that there is no adverse information against Mr. XXXX S/o XXXX, holder of Indian Passport No XXXX, issued at XXXX, on XXXX which would render him ineligible for IMMIGRATION PURPOSES OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP for UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

This PCC is not valid for any other purpose or country.

Does your Indian police certificate say the same thing?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
23 minutes ago, darth vader said:

Hi - did you get your Indian police certificate from Indian consulate in Toronto? If so, can you please confirm what does it say? I recently got one and mine says -

It is certified that there is no adverse information against Mr. XXXX S/o XXXX, holder of Indian Passport No XXXX, issued at XXXX, on XXXX which would render him ineligible for IMMIGRATION PURPOSES OTHER THAN CITIZENSHIP for UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.

This PCC is not valid for any other purpose or country.

Does your Indian police certificate say the same thing?

I got mine from BLS but it states exactly the same and it was accepted by NVC.

Timeline
3 hours ago, VIR CHAMP said:

Did you submit the PCC from the country of your nationality ?
If yes, was it within one year of issue date at the time of interview ?

Yes I did and yes it was within one year. Though PCC of my nationality is only valid for 3months but I haven't been back there since I got the it.

Timeline
5 hours ago, Adaab said:

Congratulations. Will it be okay if I provide a copy of w2 and tax return from last year?

They actually asked for husbands 2020 W2 thats it, I had a copy of that and I attached that to NVC a day before the interview. 

Hey guys!  Been creeping for awhile - this group is so key to relieving anxiety :) so happy to see people moving through the process!  We were DQ’d Oct 5, hoping that we will get an IL in April/May if things keep up! 

Just curious your thoughts - with Biden lifting the green card freeze, do you think that’ll affect our waiting times for IL for people who have been DQ’d? 

Edited by Tswiftlover

Timeline
20 hours ago, fxch3 said:

Hi everyone - update my interview was Feb 17, 2021 and I got my passport back Feb 23, 2021. 

My POE will be Mar 5, 2021 - I am travelling with my cat so will let everyone know the process if anyone is planning to travel with their pet. 

My cat will also be immigrating with me - I know you have to get a certificate showing evidence of rabies vaccinations when you take your pet across, even for a trip, but please let us know if they ask for anything else (microchip, license, etc.). And also, if you are driving down, please let us know if you felt the need to tranquilize your cat for the trip or not, and if you are driving or flying. Thank you! And congratulations on your successful interview! 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Tswiftlover said:

Hey guys!  Been creeping for awhile - this group is so key to relieving anxiety :) so happy to see people moving through the process!  We were DQ’d Oct 5, hoping that we will get an IL in April/May if things keep up! 

Just curious your thoughts - with Biden lifting the green card freeze, do you think that’ll affect our waiting times for IL for people who have been DQ’d? 

Those kind of changes usually affect immigrants waiting within the US borders quicker than it does those waiting for consular processing. However, this is 2020-2021. Best to keep an eye out on the forums and such here at VJ to see if the timelines will be impacted. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
3 hours ago, CGs_Mother said:

My cat will also be immigrating with me - I know you have to get a certificate showing evidence of rabies vaccinations when you take your pet across, even for a trip, but please let us know if they ask for anything else (microchip, license, etc.). And also, if you are driving down, please let us know if you felt the need to tranquilize your cat for the trip or not, and if you are driving or flying. Thank you! And congratulations on your successful interview! 

If you fly with a pet:

- Most airlines require a certification of health within 10 days of travel, regardless of an in cabin or cargo pet

- Rabies vaccination is typically required.  Additionally, the pet cannot travel for 30 days after receiving the vaccine, so plan ahead and get those vaccinations up to date now. 

- The animal must not be tranquilized - it needs to be alert. You can use a calming spray or calming chews if you think kitty will take them. Ours are usually pretty distracted by everything in the airport that they're quite manageable.  

The State you enter may require other pet vaccinations or may require a pet to be quarantined:  https://www.aphis.usda.gov/aphis/pet-travel/bring-pet-into-the-united-states

My kitties have flown from our house in Canada to the States and from the States back to Canada multiple times now on United.  We had to take them out of the carrier at security so TSA could scan the carrier.  You can request that they take you to a room if you're afraid that kitty will be spooked by everything happening in the security line.  Once in the room, the TSA agent will take the carrier and scan it and bring it back to you.  My girl cat came out, said hello but was perfectly content to return to her little Sleepy Pod cave.  Boy cat was content to stay out and roam the room and was a much greater challenge to get back into his Sleepy Pod.  Both were well behaved on their respective flights.  Boy kitty did NOT like the landing though and he let everyone in his section of the plane know it when he cried out.  Otherwise, people didn't even realize the kitties were even onboard.  

We drove with my pup.  They asked to see her rabies vaccination and just to see her, so she poked her head out of the window and CBP were content.  We got her originally in Texas as a rescue pup, so we were just returning her "home"! 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

This may seem like a crazy question but can anyone share experiences at Dr. Cheema’s and doing lab work? 
my stepdaughter is 14 and recently had to have vaccinations and both times she fainted. The last time she started to visibly panic and my husband said it took the woman at the pharmacy about 15 minutes to calm her- they put a cold towel on her head, etc.

They have med exams coming up and we are a little worried about how awful her anxiety is going to be and how rushed things are. That and just her not knowing what to expect. Anything helps so that maybe it is less unknown for her and then I am just hopeful that they have good bedside manner, haha. Because she may have a panic attack faint in their office. 

6 minutes ago, CrystalNeufeld said:

This may seem like a crazy question but can anyone share experiences at Dr. Cheema’s and doing lab work? 
my stepdaughter is 14 and recently had to have vaccinations and both times she fainted. The last time she started to visibly panic and my husband said it took the woman at the pharmacy about 15 minutes to calm her- they put a cold towel on her head, etc.

They have med exams coming up and we are a little worried about how awful her anxiety is going to be and how rushed things are. That and just her not knowing what to expect. Anything helps so that maybe it is less unknown for her and then I am just hopeful that they have good bedside manner, haha. Because she may have a panic attack faint in their office. 

I just had my exam last week, will post full review later. I went to Dr Cheema's office first and there he gave me shots for TTP, MMR and Flu shot. They asked me to sit in the reception for atleast 15 - 20 min to observe if there are any side effects and I believe they have staff there to deal with if something goes wrong and to take care until the ambulance arrives. But I had no side effects and went to life labs which is around 15 minutes drives on the same avenue. There the lady took out a blood sample which in my opinion was a bit painful and still have a rash on my arm from that. After that I drove to the X-Ray place where basically I had to take my shirt off and hug the machine to get my chest scan. Good thing is Dr Cheema's office will make reservations for you at the Lifelabs and the X-Ray place. 

My left arm was sore for couple of days from the blood draw but in all I had no complications from the vaccines. I hope this helps! 

Timeline
8 minutes ago, CrystalNeufeld said:

I have a history of fainting as well when giving blood and have fainted occasionally with vaccines.  When I did the blood work at LifeLabs I had them draw my blood in a private room with me laying down.  They were accommodating, I was just upfront about it and asked to have the blood drawn laying down.  I find looking away helps my needle anxiety.  I know its odd I love tattoos but hate getting needles go figure. 

I had updated all my vaccines before going as they were covered by Alberta Health Care and saved me having to pay at Dr. Cheema's office.   

8 minutes ago, acmanu said:

I just had my exam last week, will post full review later. I went to Dr Cheema's office first and there he gave me shots for TTP, MMR and Flu shot. They asked me to sit in the reception for atleast 15 - 20 min to observe if there are any side effects and I believe they have staff there to deal with if something goes wrong and to take care until the ambulance arrives. But I had no side effects and went to life labs which is around 15 minutes drives on the same avenue. There the lady took out a blood sample which in my opinion was a bit painful and still have a rash on my arm from that. After that I drove to the X-Ray place where basically I had to take my shirt off and hug the machine to get my chest scan. Good thing is Dr Cheema's office will make reservations for you at the Lifelabs and the X-Ray place. 

My left arm was sore for couple of days from the blood draw but in all I had no complications from the vaccines. I hope this helps! 

Thank you!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.