Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
12 minutes ago, Emilini said:

So, we've decided to try to reschedule my appointment and if that fails, apply for AOS.  My interview was scheduled for March 1st.  Even if we were in Canada (I'm here on an R-class i-129) it would still be incredibly difficult to get everything done in a 3.25 weeks... childcare, travel, drs apts, etc during a pandemic... not to mention the cost.  Please note that on my piece of the database and I will update my timeline too.

I would switch you if I could. Good luck with the rescheduling and let us know how it goes! I haven’t seen it happen on here yet.

Timeline

Hello all,
There multiple threads for the required documents. I have tried to summarize it. Please let me know if I have exaggerated or missed anything ?

For Medical:

Interview Letter-Copy-1
Medical Appointment Letter-Copy-1
Passport Photo-Original-5
Prescription Glasses-Original-1
Photo ID-Original-1
Photo ID-Copy-1
Passport-Original-1
Passport-Copy-1

Intended Address in USA-Digital-1

For Interview:

Interview Letter-Copy-1
Passport-Original-1
Passport Photo-Original-2
Poilce Clearnace_Country Other than Canada-Original-1
RCMP Check-Original-1
Applicant Birth Certificate-Original-1
Applicant Birth Certificate-Copy-1
Petitioner Birth Certificate-Original-1
Petitioner Birth Certificate-Copy-1
Marriage Certificate-Original-1
Marriage Certificate-Copy-1
DS-260 Confirmation Page-Copy-1
Canada PR Card-Copy-1
Canada PR Card-Original-1
Wedding Album/Photo-Copy-1

Timeline
16 hours ago, Prairiegirl3 said:

Can someone point me to a news source or updates on the restrictions in Montreal? They list all the locations and what's going on, but it's all in French and I don't know what location Montreal would be considered. I just want to know if there are like even coffee shops open or anything. Also I feel like this would be a super helpful thing to add to the FAQ

12 hours ago, Hawk Riders said:

I can add a link to an English language source of Montreal restrictions if I can find one but I'm not going to update the FAQ itself since this is a situation that is changing frequently and at most I check in here once a day (usually less) now. I don't want to add something to the FAQ and then have it change and not update it in a timely manner.

Edit: Added a source to the FAQ under the "COVID-19" section.

12 hours ago, SJS8581 said:

Anyone able to offer advice for Dr Cheema medical question? I noticed the note "You should look to see if they have any appointments available (through the lifelabs website) about 60-90 minutes after your appointment with Dr. Cheema. If they do not, it is recommended to use the save my spot feature so you can be moving forward in line while at Dr. Cheema’s and the X-Ray place. "

We have a medical appointment with Dr Cheema at 8am, and scheduled a Lifelab appointment 2 hours later for 10:05am. Do people also schedule their x-ray appt in advance? Or just show up with Dr Cheemas requisition form? 

Lastly, does the x-ray place offer a save my spot feature? Thank you

The x-ray place does not offer appointments and is walk in only. They are usually pretty fast though, I don't think I waited much longer than about 15-20 minutes when I went in. Lifelabs is quite slow and during normal times can have a multi hour waitlist so that is why it is recommended that you make an appointment with them (plus the recent reviews saying they are now by appointment only). 

Edited by DGF

I am not a lawyer and nothing I say is or should be taken as legal advice. 

CR1/IR1 Timeline:

Spoiler

Married: August 18th 2018

I-130 Sent: September 18th 2018

PD: September 20th 2018 TSC

NOA1 Received: October 5th 2018
Case Inquiry: July 13th 2019 

Case Inquiry Response: July 24th 2019 - in line for processing.

Escalated Case Inquiry: August 6th 2019 - tier 2 found that internal status was "in background check" despite results coming back 4 months prior.

Escalated Case Inquiry Response: August 7th 2019 - case was "delayed" because they had to "perform additional review" 🙄 case now with an officer.

NOA2: August 22nd 2019 (336 days)

Sent to DOS: September 5th 2019

NVC Received: September 13th 2019

Case Number: October 9th 2019

DS-260 Completed: October 28th 2019

NVC Docs Uploaded: October 29th 2019

DQ: December 18th 2019

Became IR1: August 18th 2020

IL: October 13th 2020

Interview: November 2nd 2020

Visa Received: November 5th 2020

POE: November 8th 2020

GC Received: January 23rd 2021

CR1/IR1 Montreal FAQ:https://docs.google.com/document/d/1k927pE5wqzTN5n0lPYZ1JQxgbmnzmNWX5hSteyii0BY/

Timeline
1 hour ago, VIR CHAMP said:

Hello all,
There multiple threads for the required documents. I have tried to summarize it. Please let me know if I have exaggerated or missed anything ?

For Medical:

Interview Letter-Copy-1
Photo ID-Original-1
Photo ID-Copy-1
Passport-Original-1
Passport-Copy-1

For Interview:

Interview Letter/Email from NVC-Copy-1

Immigrant Visa-Appointment Conformation Email -Copy-1

Passport-Original-1
RCMP Check-Original-1
Canada PR Card-Copy-1

Timeline
9 hours ago, YYZ&MIA said:

Congratulations to everybody on receiving their IL! It really seems that things are moving quickly. My question is if there is a general pattern as to when the IL letters get sent out. I remember someone on here saying the IL go out on the 3rd week of each month but it seems like so many people got them first week of Feb. Does that mean that this is it for this month

Not to give false hope but from looking at the spreadsheets historical data there has been multiple times where IL were distributed more that one day in a month. Fingers crossed this happens again

Timeline
31 minutes ago, State and Maine said:

Not to give false hope but from looking at the spreadsheets historical data there has been multiple times where IL were distributed more that one day in a month. Fingers crossed this happens again

That has not happened in months. Mostly multiple days are children being added after their parents etc. The only time that happened consistently was when they were rescheduling cancelled appointments. Pretty much if you see people report that they have an interview near the end of the nect month they are done sending IL's for that month.

On 2/3/2021 at 11:55 PM, Cath&Claire said:

Hmmmm - after reading on another forum, Privacy Act Request Type - FOR NON-CERTIFIED CRIMINAL INFORMATION is deemed ‘acceptable’,  as it was done before the change took place on Nov 1st ..... 🤔 

Anyone know if this is the case? We had ours done around February 2020 and the interview is in a couple of days. 

Timeline
6 hours ago, VIR CHAMP said:

Hello all,

For Medical:

Interview Letter-Copy-1
Photo ID-Original-1
Photo ID-Copy-1
Passport-Original-1
Passport-Copy-1

For Interview:

Interview Letter-Copy-1
Passport-Original-1
RCMP Check-Original-1
Canada PR Card-Copy-1

There is a FAQ that exists already, which covers a lot of information related to what you're asking. What you need to bring to your medical appointment, beyond vaccination records, will slightly vary between medical offices (e.g. Dr. Cheema's office in Surrey does not require you to bring photos at all) but the office you schedule with will provide you with instructions for what you need to bring to the appointment when you book a time. Additionally, this NVC page provides a list of what you generally need to bring to the medical appointment and this NVC page provides a pre-interview checklist of all the required documents to bring to the interview.

If you haven't already had a chance to read the FAQ linked above, I highly recommend it as lots of common questions have been answered there.

Timeline
2 hours ago, AfterMath said:

Anyone know if this is the case? We had ours done around February 2020 and the interview is in a couple of days. 

This was just recently answered. Refer to the post by @Hawk Riders on page 42 of this thread.

Timeline
On 2/4/2021 at 8:47 PM, Zhyn said:

Money, I'm not super rich, and I'm still working. Also not too comfortable doing so much traveling right now. I'm in Calgary, I don't really want to have to fly to Vancouver to do the medical, come back to Calgary, and do another flight. Flights to Montreal are already around $566 round trip, plus hotel, cab, food. 

I am still considering going to Surrey, sent an email tonight to see what is available. Vancouver is not too bad, around $136 round trip, depending on when/if I can get an appointment.

After discussing with my wife, I went ahead with Dr Cheema in Surrey. I sent an email that night, and got a reply the next day, the Feb 5th. They were booking appointments from March 1st at this point. So I booked March 2nd, and will be flying from Calgary to Vancouver on Mar 1, and returning Mar 3.

Will be staying at "Best Western King George Inn & Suites", I think most people stay here.

Flight and hotel total, for those curious was $398.46 + $350 for the medical exam.

Timeline
1 hour ago, sjb17 said:

There is a FAQ that exists already, which covers a lot of information related to what you're asking. What you need to bring to your medical appointment, beyond vaccination records, will slightly vary between medical offices (e.g. Dr. Cheema's office in Surrey does not require you to bring photos at all) but the office you schedule with will provide you with instructions for what you need to bring to the appointment when you book a time. Additionally, this NVC page provides a list of what you generally need to bring to the medical appointment and this NVC page provides a pre-interview checklist of all the required documents to bring to the interview.

If you haven't already had a chance to read the FAQ linked above, I highly recommend it as lots of common questions have been answered there.

Thank you!!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Zhyn said:

After discussing with my wife, I went ahead with Dr Cheema in Surrey. I sent an email that night, and got a reply the next day, the Feb 5th. They were booking appointments from March 1st at this point. So I booked March 2nd, and will be flying from Calgary to Vancouver on Mar 1, and returning Mar 3.

Will be staying at "Best Western King George Inn & Suites", I think most people stay here.

Flight and hotel total, for those curious was $398.46 + $350 for the medical exam.

This is where I am staying in one week. I feel like the month of February is going to fly by. 

Timeline
On 2/5/2021 at 8:54 PM, Prairiegirl3 said:

Can someone point me to a news source or updates on the restrictions in Montreal? They list all the locations and what's going on, but it's all in French and I don't know what location Montreal would be considered. I just want to know if there are like even coffee shops open or anything. Also I feel like this would be a super helpful thing to add to the FAQ

Currently it's similar to SK.  No private gatherings outside of your own household.  All shops/museums/etc are closed and restaurants are take out only. As of the 8th curfew is still in place (8pm-5am) but shops, museums, etc will be open.  We have been walking.  Looooooooots of walking.  

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.