Hawk Riders

IR-1/CR-1 Montreal DQ'd private message group goes public CONTINUED

2,920 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, legendqueue said:

Yikes, just got two emails from Air Canada rescheduling my Montreal flights.  Mini heart attack as I read "Flight AC000 has changed and you have been rebooked" but while my new flights are at crappier times and with connections, they're on the same days.

Oh no where are you flying from? I heard east coast is getting hit with a major snowstorm. Good luck!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
3 minutes ago, acmanu said:

Oh no where are you flying from? I heard east coast is getting hit with a major snowstorm. Good luck!

Vancouver, and not until next week.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey all.  Does any one know when they send out the emails for the next month's appointments?  I dq'd on June 3, and according to the spreadsheet I'll be one of the next interviewees.  My concern is that I am presently in the states working with a non-immigrant work visa and will need to quarantine, get my drs appointment and wait for that and I don't think that I can get that done in less than 3 weeks. 

So, two questions: when do the appointments get scheduled and is there anyway to pre-schedule the dates beforehand so I can get one later in March?

Timeline
11 minutes ago, legendqueue said:

Vancouver, and not until next week.

I'm flying out of Edmonton on next Tuesday and nothing changed for me so far.

Edited by jackanddeona

Timeline
5 hours ago, Emilini said:

Hey all.  Does any one know when they send out the emails for the next month's appointments?  I dq'd on June 3, and according to the spreadsheet I'll be one of the next interviewees.  My concern is that I am presently in the states working with a non-immigrant work visa and will need to quarantine, get my drs appointment and wait for that and I don't think that I can get that done in less than 3 weeks. 

So, two questions: when do the appointments get scheduled and is there anyway to pre-schedule the dates beforehand so I can get one later in March?

Lately the interview letters have been going out the third week of the month. There’s no way to schedule an interview beforehand. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
10 hours ago, SASAS said:

There’s no way to schedule an interview beforehand. 

@Emilini, that's right; you take what they assign you and heavens forfend should you need to reschedule for a later date.

forum instructions 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Canada.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline
17 hours ago, Emilini said:

If you're genuinely close to that interview and can work out a deal to work from "home", I'd probably try to make your way back to Canada.  Things are not getting any easier, flights are becoming more scarce and you don't want to get stuck in AP because you didn't have sufficient time to quarantine and then get your medical before your interview.  

When I interviewed, we only had 18 days between receiving our letter and our medical, and that was a year ago when covid was just turning crazy.  It's full on crazy now with so many unknowns and the Canadian Government is a moving target as to which new rules they are going to randomly enforce. 

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 FAQ

Montreal IR-1/CR-1 Visa spreadsheet: follow directions at top of page for data to be added

Timeline
1 hour ago, mam521 said:

flights are becoming more scarce

Agreed with the above @Emilini ...   Even within Canada they are cancelling / consolidating flights. 

My flight from MTL - Sk was cancelled so needed to stay in MTL an extra day... Took 18 hours to get back with 2 layovers, and 3 completely full planes.  They do their best to get you there the same day as your original booking....  But I think its certainly better to be safe than sorry, especially dealing with international flights.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tofu said:

Agreed with the above @Emilini ...   Even within Canada they are cancelling / consolidating flights. 

My flight from MTL - Sk was cancelled so needed to stay in MTL an extra day... Took 18 hours to get back with 2 layovers, and 3 completely full planes.  They do their best to get you there the same day as your original booking....  But I think its certainly better to be safe than sorry, especially dealing with international flights.

Not to mention that you may have to pay upwards of 2000 dollars when the new quarantine rules start.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to all the people that are getting the visas.  It is so good to see that Montreal is really moving along.  It's too bad things are still nutty because of Covid.

Please excuse me for my persistent questions here.  I'm only mildly freaking out - but I think that might be somewhat normal for those of us who are so close - yet so far from IR/CR status.

Please answer these few more questions, if you are able.

1.  Has anyone ever been denied entry at the border - if so, what will be/were the consequences at interview?  (I've been denied 2x over the past 15 years for not having the correct travel document)

2.  Is my police certificate from June 2020 still valid in light of the new requirements or do I need to get a new one, even though this one is not expired?

3.  What are the experiences with AP?

4.  Has anyone considered or researched just doing AOS?

Thanks, all.  I'm sorry for asking so many questions.

Timeline
6 minutes ago, Emilini said:

2.  Is my police certificate from June 2020 still valid in light of the new requirements or do I need to get a new one, even though this one is not expired?

I can only speak to this question. Your current police certificate is still valid until June 2021 despite the name change, so no need to get a new one unless your interview is after the date it expires. The information included in the police check is the same - only the name has changed.

Timeline
1 hour ago, Emilini said:

3.  What are the experiences with AP?

I can speak to this a bit. My husband is still in AP. He had his interview back in December. It’s absolutely brutal not knowing for what reason and why he was placed in AP. He wasn’t told he would be at his interview and they only needed his medical results. Seems like they have another check that goes in place after the interview that placed him in AP. Our case finally got touched after more than 30+ days so I’m taking that as a positive sign. Hoping to be out of it soon. If we don’t hear from them in the total 60 day period, my plan is to email my Senator, get an expert lawyer involved and scope out our options. Our case is a simple one, yet being held at such scrutiny without any explanation as to why. 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.