Manileña Heart

Is Eclia test honored by US for incoming passengers from Philippines?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello and TIA😊😊😊

I will be coming from the Philippines via flights from Manila and then Korea then US. If I take an Eclia covid test in Manila, will that be honored in the US? Or is there a specific kind of covid test that I need to take?

Thank you!!!😊😊😊

24 minutes ago, Manileña Heart said:

I will be coming from the Philippines via flights from Manila and then Korea then US. If I take an Eclia covid test in Manila, will that be honored in the US? Or is there a specific kind of covid test that I need to take?

Thank you!!!😊😊😊

When would you travel? The CDC Order won't be in effect until January 26: https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0112-negative-covid-19-air-passengers.html

4 hours ago, Manileña Heart said:

Hello and TIA😊😊😊

Thank you!!!😊😊😊

Federal Register Notice: Requirement for Proof of Negative COVID-19 Test Result or Recovery from COVID-19 for All Airline Passengers Arriving into the United States | Quarantine | CDC

6 minutes ago, Manileña Heart said:

Ok so I found out from that link that Eclia won’t work. Thank you 😊

You need to do a PCR or antigen test.  Both those are fine.  Eclia is an antibody test, it tests if you had COVID in the past, not if you have it now. 

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

1 hour ago, Manileña Heart said:

Correct, that’s as much as I gathered too. Eclia is way cheaper though, but oh well, need to abide by the specific requirement.

The antigen test (rapid test) is quite cheap in the Philippines, much cheaper than the PCR test, however I do not recommend taking the rapid test here.  Most of the rapid test in the Philippines are bought from China and only have about a 73% accuracy rate.  Other rapid test have a higher rate of accuracy, but still a little below the PCR test.

Dont go cheap on the testing.  Do the one that is most accurate because if you test positive (even a false positive) you will be carted away to the hospital for 14 days.  

If you are flying PAL, you can go to the PAL Learning Center in Manila and have the test done before your flight.  I highly recommend this as they use the PCR test (3,300p) and its tied to the airline, meaning if for some reason you still dont have your results, you can go to the airport and PAL will make sure you get your results in time for the flight.  Just make sure to do the test at least 24 hours before departure time.  36 hours would be best. 

Since it looks like you are flying through Korea, you will need to go to a medical center and the PCR test may be around 4,000p or so.

Edited by flicks1998

The United States is now a country obsessed with the worship of its own ignorance.  Americans are proud of not knowing things.  They have reached a point where ignorance, is an actual virtue.  To reject the advice of experts is to assert autonomy, a way for Americans to insulate their increasingly fragile egos from ever being told they're wrong about anything.  It is a new Declaration of Independence: no longer do we hold these truths to be self-evident, we hold all truths to be self-evident, even the ones that arent true.  All things are knowable and every opinion on any subject is as good as any other.  The fundamental knowledge of the average American is now so low that it has crashed through the floor of "uninformed", passed "misinformed", on the way down, and now plummeting to "aggressively wrong."

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.