Karly-n-Bruce

Biometrics appointment question

20 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline
Only hassle was the security officer at the front door wanted something connecting name in passport with name on biometrics letter, but then decided to let us pass, when I showed my US Citizen drivers license showing same married name.

What is a US Citizen drivers license?

YMMV

Filed: Timeline

Kez,

My wife has not changed her name (maiden name) on her passport, and does not intend to. She applied for adjustment using my surname, and my surname is what caome through on her I-551. The discrepancy with the passport is not an issue with the USCIS.

Yodrak

Your green card has your photograph and your index fingerprint.... no signature...

I still find it strange that so many people do not have their passport updated with their married name as soon as they are married... it would solve all the issues about name diffrences and travel and having to carry around a copy of your marriage certificate.... I know it is harder for some people as their countries make it difficult to amend a passport and they have to pay to get a new one but I would still do it and just put the cost down to another expence of immigrating.....

Kez

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

I have an additional biometrics question:

It seems that many people have their biometrics before they are married and others after... If the fiance isn't living in the states, is that when they wait until after your married, or would he have to get it out of the country? How does it work?

Thanks!

K-1Visa

April 07, 2007 NOA1

September 13, 2007 Visa issued

March 13 2008: "Welcome to America" approval of AOS letter

March 21 2008: Green Card Arrived

January 21, 2009: Apply for mother and father in law's visitor visa

January 22, 2009: Visa Issued

November 2010 Brother in-law applied for diversity visa

January 19, 2011 Applied for Citizenship

April 14, 2011 Citizenship Interview-Passed

June 3, 2011 Citizenship Certificate Received

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

It seems that many people have their biometrics before they are married and others after... If the fiance isn't living in the states, is that when they wait until after your married, or would he have to get it out of the country? How does it work?

Thanks!

If your fiance plans on adjusting status from a K-1 visa, you will be married and in the US when it's time for the biometrics appointment. Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall seeing anyone having their biometrics appointment before they were married. Where did you find that information?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Kosova
Timeline

Thanks!

If your fiance plans on adjusting status from a K-1 visa, you will be married and in the US when it's time for the biometrics appointment. Maybe it's just me, but I don't recall seeing anyone having their biometrics appointment before they were married. Where did you find that information?

It seemed like it was on peoples timelines that way... maybe I misunderstood. Thanks for clearing it up!

K-1Visa

April 07, 2007 NOA1

September 13, 2007 Visa issued

March 13 2008: "Welcome to America" approval of AOS letter

March 21 2008: Green Card Arrived

January 21, 2009: Apply for mother and father in law's visitor visa

January 22, 2009: Visa Issued

November 2010 Brother in-law applied for diversity visa

January 19, 2011 Applied for Citizenship

April 14, 2011 Citizenship Interview-Passed

June 3, 2011 Citizenship Certificate Received

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.