iznar24

Interview in Guayaquil, Ecuador consulate

25 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Hi, guys. Here to give you an update of my case. I've tried to fill out the timeline, but there's something that's not working. I'm sorry.

We sent our I-130 form to USCIS on April 2020. We received the NOA1 on May 14, 2020. After a request for evidence, our case was approved by USCIS and sent to NVC on December 2020. We payed the fees and completed all the steps in Januany and on the 21st our case was approved by NVC (NOA2). On June 29, 2020, we recieved an email from the Consulate in Guayaquil asking us to upload my Ecuadorian updated criminal records and to schedule an appoinmet for the interview among other details such as documents we should bring that day. We went Guayaquil together but only I was allowed to attent at the Consulate. It is important to now that you have to be at least 2 days in Guayaquil. I went on July 21 to bring the documents and they told me to come back the next day for the interview. They also gave me a pamphelt about domestic violence and marriage fraud that your should read because they asked me about it. I assited on July 22 and waited inside for about 2 hours until the officer called my name. There was a big window between us and he ask me the next questions that I remember:

- Who is asking for you?

- Why do you want to live in the US?

- What are yours and your husband ages?

- What does your husband do?

- Where exactly and with whom are you goona live in the US?

- Do you have another visa?

- How many times have you been in the US and for how long have you stayed?

- Do you have the uptated tax transcripts from your sponsor?

The conversation was about 10 min long and my visa was approved after that. The officer kept my passport and told me I would have it back at the currier we chose when we scheduled the appointment in about 10 days. We received an email on August 2 telling that the passport was ready for pick up. Because we've been married for less than 2 years, the visa is conditional (CR1) and my green card is gonna be valid for 2 years. After that time I can apply for another one that last 10 years. It is important to mention that I used to have a tourist visa (B1/B2) but it was "cancelled without prejudice". I freaked out at first because I thought it was something bad, but then I read it is normal because I got a new visa category. We then had to pay an Inmigration Fee to USCIS ($220) so they can issue the Green Card which will be sent to the location you selected. I havent received it yet. It supposedly takes up to 120 days after you arrive to the country, but I've read it leaks a few weeks. You could work with your visa until you receive the green card.

We are leaving this beatiful country the 23th and are more than excited for everything that's coming. It's just the beggining of our journey in the US. I hope this post can be helpful for everyone and if there's any question I could answer, fell free to ask!

@iznar24  thank you for your updated timeline, it is really helpful. We also submitted our I-130 to USCIS around the same time as you- NOA1 on May 1, 2020, but our USCIS case was not approved until March, 2021. We just got DQed at NVC on August 3, 2021 (a few weeks ago). I am desperately hoping that they have been catching up with visa interviews and that we won't have to wait as long to receive our interview date.  @Cmat22  says above that he got an interview date only one month after getting DQed. Cmat22, what was your DQ date exactly please? 

If anyone else can share how long it took to get an interview at Guayaquil after getting DQed sometime in 2021 I would really appreciate it!  

Edited by MarenBFischer

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline

Thread is moved from the "Bringing Family of USCs" forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum.

------------

7 hours ago, iznar24 said:

- Who is asking for you?

The conversation was about 10 min long and my visa was approved after that.

Personal note:  Congratulations, and how different this is in comparison with what my contemporaries and I went through in GYQ in 2008!

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

9 hours ago, iznar24 said:

Hi, guys. Here to give you an update of my case. I've tried to fill out the timeline, but there's something that's not working. I'm sorry.

We sent our I-130 form to USCIS on April 2020. We received the NOA1 on May 14, 2020. After a request for evidence, our case was approved by USCIS and sent to NVC on December 2020. We payed the fees and completed all the steps in Januany and on the 21st our case was approved by NVC (NOA2). On June 29, 2020, we recieved an email from the Consulate in Guayaquil asking us to upload my Ecuadorian updated criminal records and to schedule an appoinmet for the interview among other details such as documents we should bring that day. We went Guayaquil together but only I was allowed to attent at the Consulate. It is important to now that you have to be at least 2 days in Guayaquil. I went on July 21 to bring the documents and they told me to come back the next day for the interview. They also gave me a pamphelt about domestic violence and marriage fraud that your should read because they asked me about it. I assited on July 22 and waited inside for about 2 hours until the officer called my name. There was a big window between us and he ask me the next questions that I remember:

- Who is asking for you?

The conversation was about 10 min long and my visa was approved after that. The officer kept my passport and told me I would have it back at the currier we chose when we scheduled the appointment in about 10 days. We received an email on August 2 telling that the passport was ready for pick up. Because we've been married for less than 2 years, the visa is conditional (CR1) and my green card is gonna be valid for 2 years. After that time I can apply for another one that last 10 years. It is important to mention that I used to have a tourist visa (B1/B2) but it was "cancelled without prejudice". I freaked out at first because I thought it was something bad, but then I read it is normal because I got a new visa category. We then had to pay an Inmigration Fee to USCIS ($220) so they can issue the Green Card which will be sent to the location you selected. I havent received it yet. It supposedly takes up to 120 days after you arrive to the country, but I've read it leaks a few weeks. You could work with your visa until you receive the green card.

We are leaving this beatiful country the 23th and are more than excited for everything that's coming. It's just the beggining of our journey in the US. I hope this post can be helpful for everyone and if there's any question I could answer, fell free to ask!

So it took 10 business days to get your passport back, I was hoping it will be shorter wait time. Or does it varies based to where is been mailed to?

5 hours ago, MarenBFischer said:

@iznar24  thank you for your updated timeline, it is really helpful. We also submitted our I-130 to USCIS around the same time as you- NOA1 on May 1, 2020, but our USCIS case was not approved until March, 2021. We just got DQed at NVC on August 3, 2021 (a few weeks ago). I am desperately hoping that they have been catching up with visa interviews and that we won't have to wait as long to receive our interview date.  @Cmat22  says above that he got an interview date only one month after getting DQed. Cmat22, what was your DQ date exactly please? 

If anyone else can share how long it took to get an interview at Guayaquil after getting DQed sometime in 2021 I would really appreciate it!  

Mine got dq on July 13th

3 minutes ago, Cmat22 said:

Mine got dq on July 13th

Wait I'm sorry, I am confused- you got DQ on July 13, 2021? Meaning only one month ago? 

But I thought you said that it took you a month to receive the interview date after getting DQed... but it has now been a month. Sorry can you clarify. I'm really confused... are you talking about July 2020 not July 2021? 

Timeline
13 hours ago, TBoneTX said:

Thread is moved from the "Bringing Family of USCs" forum to the CR-1 Case Progress subforum.

------------

Personal note:  Congratulations, and how different this is in comparison with what my contemporaries and I went through in GYQ in 2008!

Thanks! Yes, the whole process was different from what I read before applying.

Timeline
12 hours ago, Cmat22 said:

So it took 10 business days to get your passport back, I was hoping it will be shorter wait time. Or does it varies based to where is been mailed to?

Sorry, I wouldn't tell.

• Ryan H locked this topic

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.