raphy2021

Expedite request taking too long to be acknowledged

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Brazil
Timeline

Update: today 1/19/2021 the NVC sent an email saying that our immigration appointment was canceled even though there was no such appointment scheduled in the first place. They probably pushed the big red button that says cancel out all appointments so they can forward it to the US consulate general.

As of today the ceac website still says at NVC however I believe it will change soon.

19 hours ago, RaphLemos said:

Update: today 1/19/2021 the NVC sent an email saying that our immigration appointment was canceled even though there was no such appointment scheduled in the first place. They probably pushed the big red button that says cancel out all appointments so they can forward it to the US consulate general.

As of today the ceac website still says at NVC however I believe it will change soon.

Congratulations! :) 

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Timeline

Update 2: They sent another email confirming that the US consulate general accepted the expedite request. The ceac website changed from at NVC to in transit. Should I get started on my medical exams right away or should I wait until they contact me?

8 hours ago, RaphLemos said:

Update 2: They sent another email confirming that the US consulate general accepted the expedite request. The ceac website changed from at NVC to in transit. Should I get started on my medical exams right away or should I wait until they contact me?

Based on what I've read about others' experience, this is a good time to start your medical exam. Then after you do, if they have not sent you an email yet, send the embassy an email saying you're done with your medical and ask them if they can already set the appointment for you. 

But then, please do your research (what are others' experience with the embassy in Brazil--how long does it take for them to get the appointment from the time the expedite was approved). 

You are getting so close! :)  

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Timeline
1 minute ago, angeljolie said:

Based on what I've read about others' experience, this is a good time to start your medical exam. Then after you do, if they have not sent you an email yet, send the embassy an email saying you're done with your medical and ask them if they can already set the appointment for you. 

But then, please do your research (what are others' experience with the embassy in Brazil--how long does it take for them to get the appointment from the time the expedite was approved). 

You are getting so close! :)  

I got in touch with one of the doctors certified by the us consulate and he told me that he's only allowed to perform the medical exams if the us consulate sent an email instructing me to do my medical exams. I'll have to wait until they contact me.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
9 hours ago, RaphLemos said:

I got in touch with one of the doctors certified by the us consulate and he told me that he's only allowed to perform the medical exams if the us consulate sent an email instructing me to do my medical exams. I'll have to wait until they contact me.

I have read this about the doctor in Rio de Janeiro as well. They´ll only do medicals once you have your interview letter.

Should be coming soon! Good luck!

Timeline

Update 3: my status on ceac changed from in transit to READY and the US consulate contacted me. They will schedule my interview as soon as I'm done with my medical exams.

I scheduled my medical exam to be done next Thursday.  

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.