raphy2021

Expedite request taking too long to be acknowledged

26 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-2 Country: Brazil
Timeline

On December 29th 2020 my petitioner sent an expedite request to NVCexpedite@state.gov, I understand that because of holidays + weekend they would take a little longer to look into it, however 6 business days have passed since he sent it and they haven't even sent the first email which is the acknowledgment that they received it. Back in July we tried expediting for the first time, however it got denied (we didn't have good reasons back then but this time we do) and it only took them 8 days in total to send us both the acknowledgment email and denial email.

I have two questions about this: 

1: Should we send another email? 

2: On the email that my petitioner wrote, the only thing that he put on the subject of the email was my case number, is this going to have any consequences (like they ignoring our email) or does it not matter at all?

Edited by RaphLemos

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iraq
Timeline
9 minutes ago, RaphLemos said:

On December 29th 2020 my petitioner sent an expedite request to NVCexpedite@state.gov, I understand that because of holidays + weekend they would take a little longer to look into it, however 6 business days have passed since he sent it and they haven't even sent the first email which is the acknowledgment that they received it. Back in July we tried expediting for the first time, however it got denied (we didn't have good reasons back then but this time we do) and it only took them 8 days in total to send us both the acknowledgment email and denial email.

I have two questions about this: 

1: Should we send another email? 

2: On the email that my petitioner wrote, the only thing that he put on the subject of the email was my case number, is this going to have any consequences (like they ignoring our email) or does it not matter at all?

I had to request expedite 4 times.
1: In my experience it has taken different amts of time each time. Id wait 2 weeks from time you sent the original request and then send it again. 
or

You can call and get an update. 
2: They actually only want your case number in the subject line.  I got told once that I added the USCIS receipt number as well they ignored it. 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Seems to vary but sometimes they do not notify refusals.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Is it better to send the request thru email or thru their public inquiry form?

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Timeline
1 minute ago, angeljolie said:

Is it better to send the request thru email or thru their public inquiry form?

Good news, they answered our expedite request literally minutes after I posted this. Sign from the universe? maybe. Anyways, this time we sent the request through email so that we could also send attachments that would support our arguments. We couldn't find any options on the public inquiry form to send attachments that's why we decided to send it through email.

The first time we sent an expedite request was through their public inquiry form and as I said previously it only took 8 days in total to get both acknowledgment email and denial email

3 minutes ago, RaphLemos said:

Good news, they answered our expedite request literally minutes after I posted this. Sign from the universe? maybe. Anyways, this time we sent the request through email so that we could also send attachments that would support our arguments. We couldn't find any options on the public inquiry form to send attachments that's why we decided to send it through email.

The first time we sent an expedite request was through their public inquiry form and as I said previously it only took 8 days in total to get both acknowledgment email and denial email

That's great news! Congratulations! 

I-130                                                                                   

23 Aug 2020: Filed I-130 online                                         
21 Oct 2020: I-130 approval                              

25 May 2021: Interview

5 June 2021: Entered the US

I-751

31 Mar 2023: Filed at Elgin lockbox

N-400             

9 Mar 2024: Filed online

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline
8 hours ago, RaphLemos said:

Did they accept your request?

Timeline
On 1/11/2021 at 5:19 PM, Hilde said:

Cheering you on! Keep us posted!

Yes!! They accepted it!

On 1/15/2021 at 7:13 AM, nykolos said:

What the reason you cited Health or financial? just curious

Financial and emotional hardship

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline
On 1/10/2021 at 8:40 PM, RaphLemos said:

Congratulations!  Hope it all works out!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.