BrittIgbinovia

Administrative Review Drop Off Issue

14 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Hello,

So, My husband’s  interview just occurred on the 5th. We ended up receiving a form for administrative review. The CO requested further identification for my husband that dates 10-15 years ago. The form (which I believe is called 221G) only has a box marked and written in what was requested. It has our case number on it and my husbands first and last name. The CO had told my husband verbally to turn in the form, his passport and  the supporting documents requested to the DHL center located on the form. Today, when my husband went to turn in everything the collection agent at the center refused to take his passport since it was not ticked on the form provided by the CO officer. As I was asleep (time zone difference) my husband went ahead and turned in the supporting documents and not his passport.

I want to clarify what the next steps would be given that he was unable to turn in his passport and make sure that we haven’t caused ourselves an undue grievance in this process by doing so. 

Has anyone had a similar issue? Will a second interview be required or scheduled? 

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Thank you. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Taiwan
Timeline
39 minutes ago, BrittIgbinovia said:

I want to clarify what the next steps would be given that he was unable to turn in his passport

I would expect the consulate to "officially" request his passport in the near future.  Then, he can send it.

"The US immigration process requires a great deal of knowledge, planning, time, patience, and a significant amount of money.  It is quite a journey!"

- Some old child of the 50's & 60's on his laptop 

Senior Master Sergeant, US Air Force- Retired (after 20+ years)- Missile Systems Maintenance & Titan 2 ICBM Launch Crew Duty (200+ Alert tours)

Registered Nurse- Retired- I practiced in the areas of Labor & Delivery, Home Health, Adolescent Psych, & Adult Psych.

IT Professional- Retired- Web Site Design, Hardware Maintenance, Compound Pharmacy Software Trainer, On-site go live support, Database Manager, App Designer.

August 7, 2022: Wife filed N-400 Online under 5 year rule.

November 10, 2022: Received "Interview is scheduled" letter.

December 12, 2022:  Received email from Dallas office informing me (spouse) to be there for combo interview.

December 14, 2022: Combo Interview for I-751 and N-400 Conducted.

January 26, 2023: Wife's Oath Ceremony completed at the Plano Event Center, Plano, Texas!!!😁

February 6, 2023: Wife's Passport Application submitted in Dallas, Texas.

March 21, 2023:   Wife's Passport Delivered!!!!

May 15, 2023 (about):  Naturalization Certificate returned from Passport agency!!

In summary, it took 13 months for approval of the CR-1.  It took 44 months for approval of the I-751.  It took 4 months for approval of the N-400.   It took 172 days from N-400 application to Oath Ceremony.   It took 6 weeks for Passport, then 7 additional weeks for return of wife's Naturalization Certificate.. 

Timeline
3 hours ago, Lucky Cat said:

I would expect the consulate to "officially" request his passport in the near future.  Then, he can send it.

okay. Great. I just want to make sure.

My husband also has same case, I’m actually on vacation in Nigeria so we both went to submit the required document. I told him don’t even bother to present the passport because they won’t take it, we just submit the weac and primary sch certificate. Hopefully they review on time . 

Timeline
13 hours ago, Bisi said:

My husband also has same case, I’m actually on vacation in Nigeria so we both went to submit the required document. I told him don’t even bother to present the passport because they won’t take it, we just submit the weac and primary sch certificate. Hopefully they review on time . 

Today marks seven days from your interview and did since turning in the papers. In doing the research it’s going to be a minimum of 30 days from what I can see. Which is so bothersome. To come so close and have to wait more... I pray yours gets processed quickly!

8 minutes ago, BrittIgbinovia said:

Today marks seven days from your interview and did since turning in the papers. In doing the research it’s going to be a minimum of 30 days from what I can see. Which is so bothersome. To come so close and have to wait more... I pray yours gets processed quickly!

Amen 

Timeline
On 1/12/2021 at 2:35 PM, BrittIgbinovia said:

I went for my interview on the 17th of December and was specifically told by the CO to submit my original Waec certificate, my wife recent transcripts and my passport but passport wasn't ticked in the firm.. My mistake despite the fact that I read visajourney every day and see DHL won't accept any document that is not ticked on the form... I don't know maybe the CO do it intentionally by ńot tickin passport despite the fact that they know DHL won't accept it. My mistake was that I should have checked and call the attention of the CO that he did not ticked passport on the form and DHL won't take it... Gonna be a month I submitted all the documents and still counting 

Timeline

Sadly we received that same paper back in 2019 and its been a nightmare ever since. We are just now getting traction on our case. All they needed was tax forms which we returned immediately. But the GSO will not take passport they will send in documents you give for another reveiw then if they approve or should I say when they do he will provide passport. I know it maybe to late but always get a receipt when dealing with GSO. Ironically the documents we turned in the consulate claimed they never received anything.  But low and behold we had documentation that we did turn it in. Thats what saved us. Prayers for you all 

Timeline
10 minutes ago, Mrs. Oluyede said:

Sadly we received that same paper back in 2019 and its been a nightmare ever since. We are just now getting traction on our case. All they needed was tax forms which we returned immediately. But the GSO will not take passport they will send in documents you give for another reveiw then if they approve or should I say when they do he will provide passport. I know it maybe to late but always get a receipt when dealing with GSO. Ironically the documents we turned in the consulate claimed they never received anything.  But low and behold we had documentation that we did turn it in. Thats what saved us. Prayers for you all 

Your case have been more than a year sitting at the embassy... Don't you send them email when you submitted the documents.. My wife sent them email when I submitted the documents and the acknowledged that they have the documents.. Just waiting for them to review the docs and ask for my passport 

Timeline
1 minute ago, Fidel said:

Your case have been more than a year sitting at the embassy... Don't you send them email when you submitted the documents.. My wife sent them email when I submitted the documents and the acknowledged that they have the documents.. Just waiting for them to review the docs and ask for my passport 

Of course a hundred emails or more. It was not until we had our Senator,  and congresswoman get involved did they want to respond to the mishandling of our papers and case. Making us wait for almost 2 yrs for tax papers is insane. But Thank God for them stepping in.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/12/2021 at 5:35 AM, BrittIgbinovia said:

How is your husband case ? Because I remember we both same issue about submitting required documents . 

Timeline
5 hours ago, Bisi said:

How is your husband case ? Because I remember we both same issue about submitting required documents . 

Hello-

We are still on administrative review. I’ve emailed just today since it’s been a little over thirty days since we submitted the additional requested information. My husband is going to start calling once a week tomorrow. He tried today but couldn’t get over to someone. In reaching out to a lawyer they informed me to consider hiring someone if it takes longer than 60 days for a decision but until then to just be patient. 

15 minutes ago, BrittIgbinovia said:

Hello-

We are still on administrative review. I’ve emailed just today since it’s been a little over thirty days since we submitted the additional requested information. My husband is going to start calling once a week tomorrow. He tried today but couldn’t get over to someone. In reaching out to a lawyer they informed me to consider hiring someone if it takes longer than 60 days for a decision but until then to just be patient. 

Tell him to call and email them acting like he want to know if they receive the document,  that was what we did . My husband was issued yesterday everything happen within three weeks, although his interview was dec 9 but his passport was not taken that that time, we were ask to submit more documents. I will pray they reply this month . Good luck 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.