missile

Any K1s hearing back from Montreal consulate?

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi VJ fellows!

I noticed for a while that montreal consulate has opened back up for "limited services" for immigrant and fiance visas. I'm nowhere near the stage where I will get an interview but I was just wondering if they are processing any K1s as of right now? Tried to look for anything recent here but can't find anything (other than someone who recently got an interview for Jan 2021 but for CR1).

I know i should be patient but I know a load would just be lifted from my heart if I know at least the process is going, albeit slowly, as opposed to being halted altogether!

Thank you all :)

If you’re on Facebook, I highly recommend joining the Canadian K1 and Spousal Visa Group. They post really helpful info and updates on there. Also, the consulate has been processing K1 visas since September. They first started with the canceled interviews from March and April then continued with the cases sent to the consulate before it shut down. On December 8th, they also requested some cases from NVC to send to the consulate (including mine), though they didn’t request any on the next shipment date of December 22nd. 

I will also say that the last interview date they gave for K1’s was December 7th, and since then, there have been many K1 people who sent their P3’s back in November but have yet to receive an interview date. They also didn’t give out any K1 interviews for January but still scheduled January dates for CR1 applicants. It seems like after a good 3 months of K1 interviews from Sept-Nov, they’ve completely paused again. I’m hoping for some good news this week! 

One more thing - if you’re on any social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram), I highly recommend commenting or tweeting on the consulate’s posts about processing K1 visas. It puts some pressure on them

Timeline
49 minutes ago, Cath&H said:

If you’re on Facebook, I highly recommend joining the Canadian K1 and Spousal Visa Group. They post really helpful info and updates on there. Also, the consulate has been processing K1 visas since September. They first started with the canceled interviews from March and April then continued with the cases sent to the consulate before it shut down. On December 8th, they also requested some cases from NVC to send to the consulate (including mine), though they didn’t request any on the next shipment date of December 22nd. 

I will also say that the last interview date they gave for K1’s was December 7th, and since then, there have been many K1 people who sent their P3’s back in November but have yet to receive an interview date. They also didn’t give out any K1 interviews for January but still scheduled January dates for CR1 applicants. It seems like after a good 3 months of K1 interviews from Sept-Nov, they’ve completely paused again. I’m hoping for some good news this week! 

One more thing - if you’re on any social media (FB, Twitter, Instagram), I highly recommend commenting or tweeting on the consulate’s posts about processing K1 visas. It puts some pressure on them

Hey! Thanks for your reply! I'm going to try to join the facebook group so i can get some updates from my fellow Canadians :)

That's a bummer that they stopped the dates for January! I wonder what's up with that haha. I hope we get some good news soon!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi, I'm K1. Our case finally moved from NVC to Montreal on Dec. 8. First Ready was Dec. 16. I'm diligently checking the CEAC site for a second Ready for my P3. Our NOA2 was Mar. 24, 2020. 

Timeline
3 minutes ago, Ivy Hiebert said:

Hi, I'm K1. Our case finally moved from NVC to Montreal on Dec. 8. First Ready was Dec. 16. I'm diligently checking the CEAC site for a second Ready for my P3. Our NOA2 was Mar. 24, 2020. 

Hi thanks for the reply! And omg... NOA2 to NVC to montreal took almost a year!? I'm dying on the inside a bit haha.

Timeline
17 minutes ago, Ivy Hiebert said:

Thanks for the update!

Looks like everyone right up to our NOA2 date (April 15th) got shipped so guess we will be the next batch whenever that happens!

Timeline

My case was sent to Montreal on Dec 8 and status changed to Ready on Dec 16. I am also waiting on the January batch of letters to roll out for a February interview hopefully.

My NOA was April 8.

I also don't have a facebook account so I'm always watching this site for K1 information.

Edited by Papercutter

• 1 month later...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.