Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

EAC Jan 2021 filer here. Case approved finally. Interview waived. Received 10 year green card last week. I held off on N-400 filing until I-751 approval. 

Timeline -

Case received Jan 15 2021

Fingerprints waived March 18 2021

Case Approved Jan 25 2022

Card Delivered  Feb 2 2022

Edited by Immi_Matter

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Immi_Matter said:

EAC Jan 2021 filer here. Case approved finally. Interview waived. Received 10 year green card last week. I held off on N-400 filing until I-751 approval. 

Timeline -

Case received Jan 15 2021

Fingerprints waived March 18 2021

Case Approved Jan 25 2022

Card Delivered  Feb 2 2022

Omg, such a great news. Congrats! My case was received a week and half after you so I’m anxiously waiting after seeing this. May I ask why you decided to hold off on filing N-400?

2 minutes ago, Snowy1202 said:

Omg, such a great news. Congrats! My case was received a week and half after you so I’m anxiously waiting after seeing this. May I ask why you decided to hold off on filing N-400?

The clock restarts and the I-751 is sent along with n-400 to the local uscis office from one of the service centers

Timeline
3 minutes ago, LirikVJUser said:

The clock restarts and the I-751 is sent along with n-400 to the local uscis office from one of the service centers

Damn, I didn’t know that, was this close to submitting recently. Maybe I will hold out as well. Thanks for your info on this. 

3 minutes ago, Snowy1202 said:

Thanks! Hopefully your case is approved soon! Did you file N-400?  I became eligible for N-400 only from mid-Jan. I had noticed few EAC Dec 2020 filters getting approved in late Dec/ early Jan. I was not expecting an interview for I-751 since I had an interview the first time for initial GC. I figured its better to wait for a few days before filing N-400.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
16 hours ago, Snowy1202 said:

15 hours ago, Snowy1202 said:

Damn, I didn’t know that, was this close to submitting recently. Maybe I will hold out as well. Thanks for your info on this. 

16 hours ago, LirikVJUser said:

What is the source of that information? We filed N-400 it seemed to speed up the I-751 (EAC) process. In fact ONE DAY after we filed N-400 the I-751 was transferred and 2 months later approved, our case may be the first EAC approved in January 2021 filers. And now N-400 interview shortly. 

I think it may be the opposite, file N-400 speeds it up.  

I-751 timing

January 14, 2022 Card Was Delivered To Me By The Post Office
January 18, 2022 The Post Office picked up mail containing your new card.
January 14, 2022 We mailed your new card your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, directly to the address you gave us.
January 12, 2022 We approved your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.
January 11, 2022 We ordered your new card.
November 18, 2021 We transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.
November 17, 2021 Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another office for processing.
July 23, 2021 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.
January 4, 2021 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

N-400 Timing
Interview Date    February 23, 2022
Interview Was Scheduled    January 13, 2022
We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time.    November 16, 2021
We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice.    November 16, 2021
Edited by George & Roth

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Maybe it depends on where they are with your i-751? Like if they are going to approve i-751 next week but the new form(n-400)  comes in and that changes it from next week to being later? Just want to know if confirmed before advising other people to wait for N-400 or to just file it like I did. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline
3 hours ago, George & Roth said:

Maybe it depends on where they are with your i-751? Like if they are going to approve i-751 next week but the new form(n-400)  comes in and that changes it from next week to being later? Just want to know if confirmed before advising other people to wait for N-400 or to just file it like I did. 

My guess is EAC wasn’t approving any January filers back in November anyway so you filling N-400 back then was still ok? And perhaps filing now might cause some disruption in the approving process for I-751. Just a guess. 

20 hours ago, Immi_Matter said:

Thanks! Hopefully your case is approved soon! Did you file N-400?  I became eligible for N-400 only from mid-Jan. I had noticed few EAC Dec 2020 filters getting approved in late Dec/ early Jan. I was not expecting an interview for I-751 since I had an interview the first time for initial GC. I figured its better to wait for a few days before filing N-400.  

i did not. I was very close though. But now that I’m seeing people getting approved that are around my time frame, I guess it doesn’t hurt to wait a week or two more. 

14 hours ago, classicme11 said:

EAC here and I just got a notification that card is being produced! I will wait to file my N-400 soon

Congratulations!!! Would you mind sharing your timeline? I am a February filer but would like to know what day is Vermont processing right now. 

Best of luck in the upcoming journey with the N400

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.