Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Received an email about case status being "post decision activity" so I signed in to see what that was about, I guess it means that the card was ordered but today was actual approval date. Seems backwards but not going to complain.  

Here is the I-751
January 12, 2022 Case Was Approved
January 11, 2022 We ordered your new card.
November 18, 2021 We transferred your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, to another USCIS office that now has jurisdiction over your case.
November 17, 2021 Your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, was transferred to another office for processing.
July 23, 2021 The fingerprints relating to your Form I-751 Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence, were taken.
January 4, 2021 We received your Form I-751, Petition to Remove Conditions on Residence.

Here is the N-400

November 16, 2021

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS

As of November 16, 2021, we are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, Receipt Number...........

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
On 1/11/2022 at 5:45 PM, George & Roth said:

I guess I am first EAC to get approved, since we got the "New Card is being produced today" unless it's cheating because my case was transferred to NBC.

BTW, I filed for N-400 on November 16 2021. On the very next day Nov 17th 2021 my I-751 case was transferred to National Benefits Center.  Seems likely that the filing of the N-400 resulted in the I-751 being transferred and finally resulted in the "New card" today. 

I'm curious if others are going to see similar results with their I-751 being expedited by the filing of the N-400 or if my case being transferred one day later was coincidence.  

Sure enough, got a notification this morning that the I-751 case has been transferred.  Betting it's going to NBC but will have to wait for notice to see.  Would be fabulous if it got approved soon.

Timeline
Just now, mysticdolphin95 said:

Sure enough, got a notification this morning that the I-751 case has been transferred.  Betting it's going to NBC but will have to wait for notice to see.  Would be fabulous if it got approved soon.

And just now we got even better news! Just signed on to post - we have interview scheduled for the N-400! 

With your case being transferred I hope you are on the same fast track!

jDSUBz2.gif

Timeline

Great update today for the N-400!

Case history

Status Date
Interview Was Scheduled January 13, 2022
We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time. November 16, 2021
We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice. November 16, 2021

And I see the interview date online

On (Date): Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Edited by George & Roth

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
14 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

Great update today for the N-400!

Case history

Status Date
Interview Was Scheduled January 13, 2022
We are actively reviewing your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization. Our records showed nothing is outstanding at this time. November 16, 2021
We received your Form N-400, Application for Naturalization, and sent you a receipt notice. November 16, 2021

And I see the interview date online

On (Date): Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Wait (and hi it’s been a while!) George aren’t you in Newark office? I thought n400 was taking way longer,  this is barely 4 months right?

Edited by Naes

Timeline
1 minute ago, Naes said:

Wait (and hi it’s been a while!) George aren’t you in Newark office? I thought n400 was taking way longer,  this is barely 4 months right?

Hey Naes! 

Yes, we are doing it in Newark. I was actually wondering if we would have it done before NEXT summer when we are going on overseas holiday. I can't believe it's scheduled now.

It still has the estimate as a long time from now:

N-400 Application for Naturalization

Estimated time* until case decision:

approx. 16 months

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 hour ago, George & Roth said:

And just now we got even better news! Just signed on to post - we have interview scheduled for the N-400! 

With your case being transferred I hope you are on the same fast track!

Wow, that's awesome!  We are in Buffalo which looks to be one of the quicker offices (7-14 months) so fingers crossed...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Japan
Timeline
3 hours ago, George & Roth said:

Hey Naes! 

Yes, we are doing it in Newark. I was actually wondering if we would have it done before NEXT summer when we are going on overseas holiday. I can't believe it's scheduled now.

It still has the estimate as a long time from now:

N-400 Application for Naturalization

Estimated time* until case decision:

approx. 16 months

Lucky!! Fingers crossed this happens for me too! Go Newark lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

So it took a year for USCIS to send us a notice of RFE. I'm pretty bummed about it since I thought I already submitted the essential evidences that I needed but apparently, I need more.

Question: Is the RFE pretty straightforward? Do you just submit the other evidences they requested and mail it? 

Congrats to @George & Roth for the early N-400 schedule! Hi to @Naes and @mysticdolphin95! I remember you all from our K1 days here! :D 

43 minutes ago, Oksmanoks said:

So it took a year for USCIS to send us a notice of RFE. I'm pretty bummed about it since I thought I already submitted the essential evidences that I needed but apparently, I need more.

Question: Is the RFE pretty straightforward? Do you just submit the other evidences they requested and mail it? 

Congrats to @George & Roth for the early N-400 schedule! Hi to @Naes and @mysticdolphin95! I remember you all from our K1 days here! :D 

Exactly that: they'll list what they need and you send ASAP -with the RFE letter attached-.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
36 minutes ago, Allaboutwaiting said:

Exactly that: they'll list what they need and you send ASAP -with the RFE letter attached-.

1 hour ago, Oksmanoks said:

Sometimes that happens when they take long to go over the case. They might want to see more updated evidence, which is stupid and unfair if you have already sent them good initial evidence. Not your fault that they take ages, but it is what it is

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Timeline
On 1/15/2022 at 4:29 PM, Allaboutwaiting said:

Thanks. I am gathering all that I could possibly have on their list and hopefully send it to them soon. 

Timeline
On 1/15/2022 at 5:07 PM, Rocio0010 said:

Sometimes that happens when they take long to go over the case. They might want to see more updated evidence, which is stupid and unfair if you have already sent them good initial evidence. Not your fault that they take ages, but it is what it is

I hope the ones I'll send are going to be good enough. At least they have looked into may paperwork now so that's a good thing, i guess.

Timeline

Does anyone know if you can leave the country and come back with an expired green card + 24 month extension letter while ROC has RFE pending? 

My mom had a heart attack. She's in the ICU but stable. I might have to go visit her soon but I'm worried about the pending RFE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.