Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

Timeline
57 minutes ago, SoCal2021 said:

Thank you for posting your info. We are WAC filer as well. Did your case go from “case received” to “case approved”?  It seems so since you received no biometric notice/waiver. 

Also…congrats. 

The my USCIS portal only stated 'Case Received Feb 12, 2021 (or about that date).  There was no other information or updates in the portal.  Last time i logged in there was 10/25 ish.  There were no notices about biometrics required or waived. There were no notices about interview required or waived.  Literally the only notices i received were Notice of Action in February (18 month extension), Notice of Action in October (24 month extension) and then Notice of Action (case approved). No other mail.  

FYI, In the packet i sent for 751, i put numeric tabs to separate each type/group of documents, i had i believe the last 3-4 months of statements and a copy of the deed to the house we purchased after getting married.  I asked for transcripts from IRS and included the 'request' for transcripts as nothing was received in time to submit. included copies of just the 1040s and not the full tax returns.  I was unable to obtain some other court documents so i 'incorporated by reference' the original application and materials provided.

Thank you :)

26 minutes ago, Colin F said:

The my USCIS portal only stated 'Case Received Feb 12, 2021 (or about that date).  There was no other information or updates in the portal.  Last time i logged in there was 10/25 ish.  There were no notices about biometrics required or waived. There were no notices about interview required or waived.  Literally the only notices i received were Notice of Action in February (18 month extension), Notice of Action in October (24 month extension) and then Notice of Action (case approved). No other mail.  

FYI, In the packet i sent for 751, i put numeric tabs to separate each type/group of documents, i had i believe the last 3-4 months of statements and a copy of the deed to the house we purchased after getting married.  I asked for transcripts from IRS and included the 'request' for transcripts as nothing was received in time to submit. included copies of just the 1040s and not the full tax returns.  I was unable to obtain some other court documents so i 'incorporated by reference' the original application and materials provided.

Thank you :)

Thanks you. 

ANYONE KNOW IF USCIS NORMALLY REPLY BETWEEN 60 DAYS AS THIER SERVICE REQUEST RESPONSE SAYS BELOW.

“We have received your service request and researched the status of your case. We have had to perform additional review, and this has caused a delay in processing time. Your case is currently with an adjudicating officer. You should receive a decision or notice of further action within 60 days” 

I AM TEXAS FILER SRC FILED I751 JAN 28, FINGERPRINT REUSED APRIL 3, RECEIVED 18 & 24 MONTHS EXT IN FEB AND NOV 

Edited by Nasiru22

• 2 weeks later...

Finally approved!! Very happy, long wait but worth it. I was sent for the interview since I am on a cr1 visa. The officer was very nice, she said she was wondering why I’m even sent for an interview coz they pretty much have everything they need from me, she even said sorry that we have to driver 3 hrs  to get to the USCIS office, that I should have been approved without an interview. She didn’t even look at the updated bills/statements I brought with me ( oh well better prepared than sorry)  

Goodluck to all !! 

F13AC01C-1DDC-4461-B98F-4EC798229AF6.jpeg

Edited by youandme13

On 1/7/2021 at 5:29 PM, Kuneesa said:

Just made a google sheet to keep track for Jan 2021 filers like the sheets from last months. Please update this if you can. Thank you!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rhI5FjegJsQOxwx9qEUxcdOUv4PUuzwvWzNQPiEo2m8/edit?usp=sharing

I cannot update my info in this google sheet

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Have a letter coming today, no idea what exactly it is as online not updated. I-751 and N-400 both pending now

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
11 minutes ago, George & Roth said:

Have a letter coming today, no idea what exactly it is as online not updated. I-751 and N-400 both pending now

Hope it is your interview scheduled! Do let us know please!

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline

Got the 24 month extension letter today. Guess we will have to wait a while for the interview. 

CR-1 MSC filer. Timeline is as below:

Date Filed - 01/12/2021

NOA1 (18 month extension letter) -   02/19/2021

Biometrics - 08/06/2021

Case ready to be scheduled for interview - 11/03/2021

24 month extension letter - 12/18/2021

Edited by Kuneesa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 12/16/2021 at 7:38 PM, youandme13 said:

I cannot update my info in this google sheet

Try again and see if it works for you now?

So I also received the update that my case is ready to be scheduled for interview at the beginning of Nov, followed by a 24-month extension on 12/18. I am eligible to file for N400 at this time; what are the recommendations in this particular case? Should I file N400 now given that I will have to submit cumbersome documentation to link i-751 and N400 OR should I wait until I-751 is approved for a simple lightweight N400 application?

Thanks for your help!

Bill

On 12/16/2021 at 6:22 PM, youandme13 said:

Finally approved!! Very happy, long wait but worth it. I was sent for the interview since I am on a cr1 visa. The officer was very nice, she said she was wondering why I’m even sent for an interview coz they pretty much have everything they need from me, she even said sorry that we have to driver 3 hrs  to get to the USCIS office, that I should have been approved without an interview. She didn’t even look at the updated bills/statements I brought with me ( oh well better prepared than sorry)  

Goodluck to all !! 

F13AC01C-1DDC-4461-B98F-4EC798229AF6.jpeg

Congrats!!

Pretty much the same experience we had. Our drive was a little over 4 hours.  Interview lasted about 10 minutes.  Only documents the IO asked for was original marriage certificate and drivers license.  Asked a few basic questions as he looked thru our originally filed packet.  

said everything look great and we would be notified of his decision in 2-3 weeks.  4 days later status updated to “New card being produced”.  

On 12/21/2021 at 8:40 PM, billybear85 said:

So I also received the update that my case is ready to be scheduled for interview at the beginning of Nov, followed by a 24-month extension on 12/18. I am eligible to file for N400 at this time; what are the recommendations in this particular case? Should I file N400 now given that I will have to submit cumbersome documentation to link i-751 and N400 OR should I wait until I-751 is approved for a simple lightweight N400 application?

Thanks for your help!

Bill

Bump ...

Curious about this extended delay between 'ready to be scheduled for interview' and 'scheduled for interview' state, and the fact that I received a 24-month extension after 'ready to be scheduled for interview'. Any thoughts?

Is it worthwhile to apply for N400 right now, or just wait until the I-751 process concludes?

Thanks,

Bill

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline
1 hour ago, billybear85 said:

Bump ...

Curious about this extended delay between 'ready to be scheduled for interview' and 'scheduled for interview' state, and the fact that I received a 24-month extension after 'ready to be scheduled for interview'. Any thoughts?

Is it worthwhile to apply for N400 right now, or just wait until the I-751 process concludes?

Thanks,

Bill

Th “interview ready to be scheduled ” status means that your package is good to go in terms of completion. How long you’ll have to wait for the actual interview depends on how busy your FO is. 
I would wait to apply for naturalization, because it may slow your process. 

FROM F1 TO AOS

October 17, 2019 AOS receipt date 

December 09, 2019: Biometric appointment

January 15, 2020 RFE received

January 30, 2020  RFE response sent

Feb 7: EAD approved and interview scheduled

March 18, 2020 Interview cancelled

April 14th 2020: RFE received

April 29, 2020 Approved without interview

May 1, 2020 Card in hand

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

February 1, 2022 package sent

March 28, 2022 Fingerprints reused

July 18, 2023 approval

July 20, 2023 Card in hand

N400 

January 30,2023: Online filing

February 4th, 2023: Biometric appointment

June 15th, 2023: Case actively being reviewed

July 11th, 2023: Interview scheduled.

August 30th, 2023: Interview!

August 31st, 2023: Oath ceremony scheduled.

Sept 19th, 2023: Officially a US citizen!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.