Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline

Biometrics waived, unsurprisingly.  Nice to not have to make the 2hr drive to our local office.  Makes you wonder why they can't just use the GC fingerprints by default, doesn't seem to be a problem now...guess that would make too much sense!

9 hours ago, 3855777 said:

Got my NOA1 in mail on Feb 8, but no update on biometric yet. Is it normal? 

Yes, mine is earlier than yours, i still didn’t get biometrics. Its very normal.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Good morning!

Quick update:

application sent: Jan 27th

received: Jan 28th

check cashed: March 1st

received text with case# March 2nd

case number starts with YSC

waiting for the NOA.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Belgium
Timeline

Hello all,

Our 751 form was received on Jan. 11th at the Phoenix USPS; however, we have not gotten the text/email confirmation, NOA, and the check hasn't been cashed. Looking at the Google sheet, it seems that most people who submitted around that time have already received their NOA.

We have called and chatted USCIS several times. Some people there tell us to resubmit, some say DO NOT RESUBMIT. We really need the NOA to renew my drivers license and possibly get a new job (although, I might be able to pass the I-9 with my DL and SSN).

They tell us to wait 90 days after submission to contact them, but at that point, my green card would be expired - can I still apply? I feel like I'm stuck.

Does anyone have any guidance or encouragement?

application sent: Jan 7

received: Jan 11
Waiting on check to be cashed, NOA, and confirmation text

On 2/23/2021 at 8:17 AM, hollyeliz said:

Hi all!

good news on this end. I called USCIS and received my receipt number beginning with EAC this morning. Here’s the timeline all said and done:

sent package via usps: 01/04

received at lock box: 01/19

receipt number uploaded: 02/22

tbd on receiving my NOA.

now I just have to figure out what the tea on EAC is. Good luck every body!

Which number did you call?

18 hours ago, mysticdolphin95 said:

Biometrics waived, unsurprisingly.  Nice to not have to make the 2hr drive to our local office.  Makes you wonder why they can't just use the GC fingerprints by default, doesn't seem to be a problem now...guess that would make too much sense!

When did you receive your NOA1 to when you received the biometrics waved? 

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :Texas Service Center

Date Filed :2021-01-14

NOA Date :2021-02-18

Bio. Appt. :2021-07-07

Interview Date :2022-01-11

Approval / Denial Date :2022-01-11

Approved :Yes

Green Card Received :2022-01-20

Citizenship

Service Center :Online

CIS Office :Los Angeles CA

Date Filed :2022-01-24

NOA Date :2022-01-24

Bio. Appt. :2022-02-23

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS :2022-02-23

Interview Date: 2022-04-27 

Approved :Yes

Oath Ceremony :2022-04-27

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: New Zealand
Timeline
1 minute ago, AlexeiMaughan said:

When did you receive your NOA1 to when you received the biometrics waved? 

18 days, I think - 2/10 NOA1, 2/28 biometrics waived.

2 hours ago, Riseslu said:

Hello all,

Our 751 form was received on Jan. 11th at the Phoenix USPS; however, we have not gotten the text/email confirmation, NOA, and the check hasn't been cashed. Looking at the Google sheet, it seems that most people who submitted around that time have already received their NOA.

We have called and chatted USCIS several times. Some people there tell us to resubmit, some say DO NOT RESUBMIT. We really need the NOA to renew my drivers license and possibly get a new job (although, I might be able to pass the I-9 with my DL and SSN).

They tell us to wait 90 days after submission to contact them, but at that point, my green card would be expired - can I still apply? I feel like I'm stuck.

Sent my I-751 to Phoenix certified mail. I was nervous because it's always been sent with tracking, and this was a totally different process than what I usually get. It was sent January 19 and received January 26. My check was just cashed yesterday. (March 1)

Today I have a letter coming from USCIS (that I'm hoping is a positive NOA and not an RFE) - I also need my NOA in order to renew my DL which expires in about a month.

From sent to Phoenix: 8 days

Check cashed: 35 days

NOA received: (+1) 36 days

Should be here in around 4 hours.

Timeline
4 hours ago, Riseslu said:

Hello all,

I am in same boat, my application was received on Jan 7th....still no NOA or confirmation

where did U file? Lockbox? is it Texas lockbox?

I have a strong feeling texas lockbox applications are going very slow.

9 minutes ago, SSG_HOU said:

I am in same boat, my application was received on Jan 7th....still no NOA or confirmation

where did U file? Lockbox? is it Texas lockbox?

I have a strong feeling texas lockbox applications are going very slow.

All I-751 should be filed at:

This is as of September 2020 so this might have changed. If you filed somewhere else, this might be part of the delay.

U.S. Postal Service (USPS): 

USCIS 
P.O. Box 21200 
Phoenix, AZ 85036 

FedEx, UPS, and DHL deliveries: 

USCIS 
Attn: I-751 
1820 E. Skyharbor Circle S
Suite 100 
Phoenix, AZ 85034

(See: https://www.uscis.gov/i-751-direct-filing-addresses)

I-765 and some other forms can be filed at the Texas Lockbox.

Update: got my NOA! It actually says "Your conditional resident status is extended for 18 months from the expiration date on your Form I-551, Permanent Resident Card" on it, which will be helpful to apply for my driver's license renewal and filling out the I-9.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.