Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Spain
Timeline

Hey all -  We sent our I-751 package via USPS on January 19th. My partner’s GC was set to expire on Feb 5th, so though we filed 2.5 weeks before the expiry, we felt comfortable that we’d done it in time. We mailed with a tracking number and were shocked to see the package got stuck for a week.... then 2 weeks, then  3 weeks, finally it showed as having been received at the Phoenix AZ box on Feb 19th, almost 2 weeks after the GC expiry date. 😞

Are we doomed? Should we expect a rejection for having filed after the 90 day window? If so, any ideas of what to do? We’re super nervous here. Everything went great through the K-1 visa, green card interview and now this, all thanks to the U.S. post office delays.  

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cambodia
Timeline
7 hours ago, bigblue82 said:

Hey all -  We sent our I-751 package via USPS on January 19th. My partner’s GC was set to expire on Feb 5th, so though we filed 2.5 weeks before the expiry, we felt comfortable that we’d done it in time. We mailed with a tracking number and were shocked to see the package got stuck for a week.... then 2 weeks, then  3 weeks, finally it showed as having been received at the Phoenix AZ box on Feb 19th, almost 2 weeks after the GC expiry date. 😞

Are we doomed? Should we expect a rejection for having filed after the 90 day window? If so, any ideas of what to do? We’re super nervous here. Everything went great through the K-1 visa, green card interview and now this, all thanks to the U.S. post office delays.  

You may receive an RFE that asks for reason for delay. If you provide evidence of the tracking and USPS issues that’ll help greatly. 

They may reject and you can resubmit with that explanation in a memo.

Maybe they just accept it. 

Either way, you will be able to resolve it if any issue so don’t worry. May be worth contacting them now and escalating it. 

AjIr9Cp.jpgVBcIOnI.giftCxpVPB.gif19B8PJM.gifWJvjtpL.gifv0iSLWp.gif

2079070924_Webp.net-resizeimage(3).png.40aa360e06b2e929a52d4af17362bc4a.png

jDSUBz2.gif

25 minutes ago, SSG_HOU said:

Filled on 12/29
Received and signed on 1/7

Check still not credited 😕

Conditional Green card expiring on 3/19

Any advice?

You are good as long as you sent your 1-751 packet with in the 90 days windows. 

Mine is expiring March 20. Sent my application on Jan.5, received Jan 7 and got a text on Feb 9 and  got my extension 3 days after. 

Just hang in there. When did you sent your application?

1 hour ago, SSG_HOU said:

Filled on 12/29
Received and signed on 1/7

Check still not credited 😕

Conditional Green card expiring on 3/19

Any advice?

My husband's green card expired on 2/14 and he just got his NOA1 on Friday. You will be fine.
When I checked the USCIS case status site, they posted the day it was received which was January 15th. They go by when they received it, not when they send the NOA1.

Edited by Sarah&Facundo

Timeline
4 hours ago, youandme13 said:

You are good as long as you sent your 1-751 packet with in the 90 days windows. 

Mine is expiring March 20. Sent my application on Jan.5, received Jan 7 and got a text on Feb 9 and  got my extension 3 days after. 

Just hang in there. When did you sent your application?

Application was sent on 12/29, but I received Proof of delivery from USPS on 1/7

Timeline
3 hours ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

My husband's green card expired on 2/14 and he just got his NOA1 on Friday. You will be fine.
When I checked the USCIS case status site, they posted the day it was received which was January 15th. They go by when they received it, not when they send the NOA1.

I have a USPS Proof of delivery for Jan 7th, isn't this consider as they received it? what do you mean by NOA1? Notification?

how do you get the notification? on E mail?

Timeline
21 minutes ago, SSG_HOU said:

I have a USPS Proof of delivery for Jan 7th, isn't this consider as they received it? what do you mean by NOA1? Notification?

how do you get the notification? on E mail?

Did you guys send your petition to lockbox?

Edited by SSG_HOU
spelling misake

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

Quick update:

• Sent paperwork Jan 12th.
  • Conformation Text Received Feb 12th
  • NOA1 / Receipt Received Feb 19th

We also have something else coming from USCIS today.... could be the Biometrics info? 

Edited by ypsirccim

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
51 minutes ago, SSG_HOU said:

Did U sent your package to TX drop box facility? I am trying to understand whether TX drobox facility is slower than other.

All the i-751 applications through USPS only goes to: 

USCIS 
P.O. Box 21200 
Phoenix, AZ 85036 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.