Kuneesa

I-751 January 2021 Filers

1,019 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

Update on our end. Mailed our application via FedEx on Jan 15, 2021 and was delivered and received on Jan 19, 2021.

Credit card was charged $680 by USCIS on Feb 18, 2021

No text/email notification received yet nor a NOA

Hi!
We sent our package 1/4 with tracking by USPS. The post office tracking updated to say it was received 1/13. Our credit card was charged yesterday 2/17 and a text notification was receive today 2/18. The text notification gave us the receipt number. So we went to the USCIS case status page, entered the receipt number, and oddly it says the I-751 was received 1/15 and the notice was sent out. It said if the receipt notice isn't received by 2/14, then contact the USCIS number. How is it possible?

Edited by Sarah&Facundo

12 minutes ago, Sarah&Facundo said:

Hi!
We sent our package 1/4 with tracking by USPS. The post office tracking updated to say it was received 1/13. Our credit card was charged yesterday 2/17 and a text notification was receive today 2/18. The text notification gave us the receipt number. So we went to the USCIS case status page, entered the receipt number, and oddly it says the I-751 was received 1/15 and the notice was sent out. It said if the receipt notice isn't received by 2/14, then contact the USCIS number. How is it possible?

Why it is not possible, they can receive at anytime but it takes a while to print and mail the letter. mine sent at 1/07, delivered at 1/11 and uscis status says received at 1/11 and receive letter at 2/13

Edited by monkeyJoJo

1 minute ago, monkeyJoJo said:

Why it is not possible, they can receive at anytime but it takes a while to issue the letter. mine sent at 1/07, delivered at 1/11 and uscis status says received at 1/11 and receive letter at 2/13

Because it says on the case status notice that we should have received the letter by 2/14, or we should contact the USCIS. Meanwhile the card just got charged on 2/17 with a receipt of 2/18.

13 hours ago, Gleeson said:

Hi all,

For anyone who's in Texas, I hope you guys are safe and warm. 

I am pretty sure conditions in Texas are going to delay the delivery of the mail but I'm here to give you a little update.

I've been dreading for 2 weeks because I haven't heard anything back for 7 weeks and my new job was asking me to provide the letter so I was pretty concerned.

I finally got a receipt number through USCIS live chat this evening. My money order still hasn't been cashed out and I didn't file G-1145 so I didn't get any texts/emails.

Here's my timeline. The agent I talked to said my notice got mailed out yesterday.

Application sent through USPS: 12/30/2020

Application arrived in Phoenix Lockbox: 01/04/2021

Receipt Number Received: 02/17/2021

I hope this gives some of ya'll hope if you filed early like me too.

Congratulations!!!

Hey how did you get  a receipt through live chat? It's been 6 weeks for me and have not heard anything either. I called yesterday and they said there's nothing much they can do because no receipt has been issued and they told me it can take up to 45 days so just wait.

22 hours ago, Cruzincrystal said:

Hi everyone. 

My husband and I sent his I-751 application off 1 week earlier than the 90 period. After about 2 months we received it back as declined because it was sent too early. This left us a very short time period to fix the mistake. We re-sent the application and it was received on January 22.   We have not received a receipt yet and his Green Card is due to expire on Feb 25th.

The guy at the local USCIS told us that he would not be deported but he could not work. My husband has worked hard to get where he is at in his job. Is company said that they would take him back on, but his time with the company starts over again...he is close to getting his 2 year pin but will lose this and go back to having to wait for vacation, sick leave, insurance...does anyone know a work around on this or who we can speak too? 

It’s not fair because they had our application so long that we are going through this. if we received it back in a reasonable time, I would understand. I actually thought sending it early would be a benefit to them with all the Covid delay but no..all it has done is screw us over. We could really use some help or advice here. 

Thank you. I appreciate your input. 

My green card also expires on 26 Feb. I talked to USCIS agent few days ago and he said I can use extension letter that i received 2 years ago with my Green Card( 2 year GC) for the time being (until I receive I-751 notice). So i checked all the papers they sent me 2 years ago. I actually have a paper marked as "IMPORTANT INFORMATION - SAVE THIS NOTICE  Use this tear-off portion to speed your application for an extention or replacement card."  I asked him four times that it's a 2 years old letter how can i use it as a extention letter for renewing my driving license etc. but he said i can use it until I receive I-751 notice. It was a very new thing to hear.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
On 2/17/2021 at 5:05 PM, Kuneesa said:

Finally got our check cashed and received the text message with our receipt number (MSC)

Timeline:

Visa Category - CR1
Packet Sent - 01/08/21 (UPS)

Packet Received - 01/12/21

Check Cashed - 02/17/21

Text Received - 02/17/21 (MSC Service Center)

Here's the google sheet to track how fast the cases filed in January are being processed. Please fill this out if you've filed a case in January. Thanks!
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1rhI5FjegJsQOxwx9qEUxcdOUv4PUuzwvWzNQPiEo2m8/

UPDATE:

Received our NOA1 today on 02/19/21. It is dated 02/16/21. Also, we received two identical notices (Both NOA1 I-797). Is this normal? 

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Japan
Timeline

So just to make sure... its normal for the physical receipt etc to follow the text by a few weeks? I received the conformation text last Friday / card charged... but nothing in the mail since then. 

1 hour ago, Kuneesa said:

UPDATE:

Received our NOA1 today on 02/19/21. It is dated 02/16/21. Also, we received two identical notices (Both NOA1 I-797). Is this normal? 

I'm sure two is better than one! ☺️😉😆 If they are identical I would say it is just a little glitch on their part!

ROC:  Received Jan 25 2021    NOA 1: February 25 2021 (LIN/Nebraska).    BIOMETRICS: April 30  2021
APPROVED: June 23 2021     CARD DELIVERED:   June 30 2021

AOS:          Received Date:  April 2      NOA 1:  April 5 2018
Biometrics:  April 27  Fingerprint Review Was Completed:  April 30
Case Ready to be scheduled: May 3
( that update only showed up in August! after being notified about EAD&AP )
EAD&AP  We approved your case:  August 8   /  In the mailbox:  August 16 2018
Interview   -    March 14 2019    (
Notice Date:  February 1)  -   Approved!

Timeline
1 hour ago, Tella&T said:

I'm sure two is better than one! ☺️😉😆 If they are identical I would say it is just a little glitch on their part!

They both are exactly the same. Even the outside envelopes haha. So weird! 

Timeline
2 hours ago, ypsirccim said:

So just to make sure... its normal for the physical receipt etc to follow the text by a few weeks? I received the conformation text last Friday / card charged... but nothing in the mail since then. 

Typically you should have the physical NOA1 delivered to you within in a week or so of receiving the text/cashing of check. 

Received text and email with receipt number on tonight and the money has been taken out the account! Whoop Whoop. 

Mine was received on 01/14/2021 so seems to be about normal with everyone else. 

I have 'MSC' though which I looked up to be Missouri (National Benefits Centre) hope that is not going to be an issue. Will just have to wait and see. Anyone else get this?

Lifting Conditions

CIS Office :Texas Service Center

Date Filed :2021-01-14

NOA Date :2021-02-18

Bio. Appt. :2021-07-07

Interview Date :2022-01-11

Approval / Denial Date :2022-01-11

Approved :Yes

Green Card Received :2022-01-20

Citizenship

Service Center :Online

CIS Office :Los Angeles CA

Date Filed :2022-01-24

NOA Date :2022-01-24

Bio. Appt. :2022-02-23

Case Is Being Actively Reviewed By USCIS :2022-02-23

Interview Date: 2022-04-27 

Approved :Yes

Oath Ceremony :2022-04-27

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.