melusine10

N-400 January 2021

376 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, sweetadams said:

It is possible to reschedule your interview, just give them a call and give reason for the rescheduling. But be very sure you got a confirmation of the rescheduled interview. You do know rescheduling might put you way back again? Can you reschedule your trip instead? 

The only plausible way for me is to reschedule my trip. If I can do the oath-taking on a later date that would be nice but Im doubtful you can reschedule an oath taking

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
13 hours ago, lexdacs7 said:

The only plausible way for me is to reschedule my trip. If I can do the oath-taking on a later date that would be nice but Im doubtful you can reschedule an oath taking

I think you can reschedule oath ceremony, you might want to confirm with USCIS. You have the option of rescheduling anything with USCIS, the problem just lies in the fact that rescheduling with them sometimes do lead to missed opportunity, delayed and in some crazy scenario denial for a "NO SHOW" despite having a confirmed reschedule appointment.

22 hours ago, lexdacs7 said:

@lexdacs7 it is possible to get a US passport in 3 days. So if your oath ceremony is same day you might still be able to travel.

Good luck with your interview!

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast.html

1327586282_ScreenShot2021-07-13at3_56_50PM.thumb.png.2e0f59b1c366141afec3a85574c800eb.png

59 minutes ago, genie12 said:

@lexdacs7 it is possible to get a US passport in 3 days. So if your oath ceremony is same day you might still be able to travel.

Good luck with your interview!

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/passports/get-fast.html

1327586282_ScreenShot2021-07-13at3_56_50PM.thumb.png.2e0f59b1c366141afec3a85574c800eb.png

@genie12 I'm hoping I can do the same day oath but I can't complain I'm happy I'm getting interviewed after waiting for almost 8 months! Thank you!

10 hours ago, sweetadams said:

I think you can reschedule oath ceremony, you might want to confirm with USCIS. You have the option of rescheduling anything with USCIS, the problem just lies in the fact that rescheduling with them sometimes do lead to missed opportunity, delayed and in some crazy scenario denial for a "NO SHOW" despite having a confirmed reschedule appointment.

Sadly yes. I think I might just have to reschedule my flight if I don't get to do the oathtaking on the same day. Thanks for the advice! ^_^ 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline
1 hour ago, lexdacs7 said:

Sadly yes. I think I might just have to reschedule my flight if I don't get to do the oathtaking on the same day. Thanks for the advice! ^_^ 

I friend of mine (who filed in Jan too) had a trip coming up at the end of July.  She had her interview last week and she was offered the possibility to take the oath.  She asked the officer if she could schedule it for after her return from the trip and she did.  So that is a possibility, you might ask, or maybe the oath won't be right away.  I would wait on scheduling your trip till you know what's going to happen after the interview.

Edited by Coco&Kitten
if spelling

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Sweden
Timeline

Just got my appointment for biometrics. 6 months after filing.

Anyone know how long is the wait between biometrics and interviews at San Antonio office?

Met online October 2010

Engaged December 31st 2011

heart.gifMarried May 14th 2013 heart.gif

USCIS Stage

September 8th 2014 - Filed I-130 with Nebraska Service Center

September 16th 2014 - NOA1 received

March 2nd 2015 - NOA2 received :dancing:

NVC Stage

March 28th 2015 - Choice of agent complete & AOS fee paid

April 17th 2015 - IV fee paid

May 1st 2015 - Sent in IV application

May 12th 2015 - Sent in AOS and IV documents

May 18th 2015 - Scan Date

June 18th 2015 - Checklist received

June 22nd 2015 - Checklist response sent to NVC

June 25th 2015 - Put for Supervisor Review

Sept 15th 2015 - Request help from Texas US Senator Cornyn and his team

Sept 23rd 2015 - Our case is moved from supervisor review to NVC's team for dealing with Senator requests

Nov 4th 2015 - CASE COMPLETE!!!! :dancing:

Embassy Stage

Dec 16th 2015 - Medical exam

Dec 21st 2015 - Interview

Dec 21st 2015 - 221(g) issued at interview for updated forms

Jan 13th 2016 - Mailed our reply to the 221(g) to the US Embassy, received and CEAC updated the next morning

Jan 20th 2016 - Embassy require more in-depth info on asset for i-864

Feb 1st 2016 - Sent more in-depth info on assets as requested. Received the next morning

Feb 16th 2016 - Visa has been issued :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

In the US

April 5th 2016 - POE Newark. No questions asked.

April 14th 2016 - SSN received

May 10th 2016 - First day at my new job :dancing:

May 27th 2016 - Green Card received

June 7th 2016 - Got my Texas driver's license

13 hours ago, mallafri76 said:

Just got my appointment for biometrics. 6 months after filing.

Anyone know how long is the wait between biometrics and interviews at San Antonio office?

Congrats, I guess it has been 7 months and not 6. 

anyway hopefully once you complete your bio you will be in line for interview and that should be quick.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Good morning, friends!

Aaaaaaaand!!! My Visajourney is over. Today I became a citizen of the USA. Woooooooooowwwww!!!

Long story short:

01.19.2021 - Applied online.

01.23.2021 - NOA Date

02.03.2021 - Biometric reuse letter

06.22.2021 - Interview. 

07.01.2021 - Oath Ceremony. I had to reschedule The Oath Ceremony because I had to leave July, 3rd.  Actually, it was quite easy: send the Oath ceremony notice back (to the Tampa Field Office) with the explanation letter. They called me from the Tampa Field Office on June, 30th, asked if everything is still in order and when exactly I will be coming back.

Then in my personal cabinet they issued a letter:

"This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled Oath Ceremony on Thursday, July 01, 2021 at 09:00AM for the above applicant."

So, I was abroad for a month and tree days after my return to the USA I got a notification that my Oath Ceremony is scheduled. 

08.24.2021- Oath Ceremony.

Wow!!!)))

Good luck and God speed!

IMG_8101.jpg

cupidsendlove.gif

1 hour ago, Cassis1978 said:

Good morning, friends!

Aaaaaaaand!!! My Visajourney is over. Today I became a citizen of the USA. Woooooooooowwwww!!!

Long story short:

01.19.2021 - Applied online.

01.23.2021 - NOA Date

02.03.2021 - Biometric reuse letter

06.22.2021 - Interview. 

07.01.2021 - Oath Ceremony. I had to reschedule The Oath Ceremony because I had to leave July, 3rd.  Actually, it was quite easy: send the Oath ceremony notice back (to the Tampa Field Office) with the explanation letter. They called me from the Tampa Field Office on June, 30th, asked if everything is still in order and when exactly I will be coming back.

Then in my personal cabinet they issued a letter:

"This is to advise you that, due to unforeseen circumstances, we have had to cancel the previously scheduled Oath Ceremony on Thursday, July 01, 2021 at 09:00AM for the above applicant."

So, I was abroad for a month and tree days after my return to the USA I got a notification that my Oath Ceremony is scheduled. 

08.24.2021- Oath Ceremony.

Wow!!!)))

Good luck and God speed!

IMG_8101.jpg

Awesome :)

ah can’t wait to post a similar post :(

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

I filed on January 18th, Receipt Notice January 26th, Biometric Reuse February 11th... Nothing since then on my N400 application. Should I be worried?

Tampa Field Office is processing my case

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country:
Timeline
On 9/13/2021 at 2:30 PM, Solindya said:

I filed on January 18th, Receipt Notice January 26th, Biometric Reuse February 11th... Nothing since then on my N400 application. Should I be worried?

Tampa Field Office is processing my case

There is nothing to worry about, I have almost similar timeline too.... I think they went silent mode after February 11 mass bio reuse for applicants......

It is a waiting game and not a worrying game with USCIS...

• 3 weeks later...

Interview scheduled Oct 28 in Fairfax, VA. Thankfully this will all be over soon. 

AOS on VWP:

2014-11-14 (Day 00) Filed for AOS, EAD and AP
2014-11-17 (Day 03) Status Expired / AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-11-19 (Day 05) Rejection Notice as two pages misplaced by DHS in I-130
2014-11-21 (Day 07) Resubmitted Application
2014-11-28 (Day 14) Resubmitted Application for AOS, EAD and AP Received
2014-12-03 (Day 19) NOA for AOS, EAD and AP (I-131 was sent to wrong address)
2014-12-12 (Day 28) NOA confirming biometrics appointment (I never received this, only attorney did - presume lost in mail)
2014-12-20 (Day 36) Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2014-12-31 (Day 47) Biometrics Appointment
2015-01-04 (Day 53) Replied to Request for Initial Evidence for I-485
2015-01-30 (Day 77) Offered a Job, submitted request to expedite EAD and AP, infopass meeting scheduled Feb 11
2015-02-10 (Day 88) EAD Approved online.
2015-05-29 (Day 196) Green Card Interview - APPROVED!
2015-06-05 (Day 203) Green Card Arrived

Removal of Conditions:

2017-03-07 (Day 00)  I-751 Package Mailed (CSC)
2017-03-09 (Day 02) I-751 Package delivered (CSC)
2017-03-13 (Day 06)  Checks cashed
2017-03-13 (Day 06) NOA Received 
2017-XX-XX (Day XX) Biometrics Letter 

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I filed on January 04th. Online, Oakland Park, FL and I was so happy looking at my countdown in the Uscis account that on October 4th they will take action on my case….and since that day, no news about it, only the message below😞😞😞…this is so frustrating. Anyone else with the same current status? 

A7AB3754-57C9-4867-8860-E71ACF3D8A35.jpeg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.