melusine10

N-400 January 2021

376 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
4 hours ago, ForeverYoung said:

Hey everybody, just out of curiosity: when they do Biometrics Reuse, does that mean your case is already in the field office you're getting interviewed in? Thank you!

It means that the next step is to get your interview appointment letter which might take couple weeks or couple months. 

On 2/10/2021 at 7:49 AM, Kate_H said:

Hi everyone! 
i filed online to Chicago Field office on 1/4 ans received my notice same day. Has anyone received their Bio appointment yet?

this is my second time applying for citizenship and last time it only took couple weeks to get my Bio appt, so I am a bit concerned it’s taking longer, but may also be a normal delay by USCIS as per usual. 

p.s. hoping for the best for all of us with new president 

I received reuse biometrics February 28th. Filed 1st February. 2021.

From Chicago 

Edited by Janess

On 2/26/2021 at 7:29 PM, Sebat4 said:

It means that the next step is to get your interview appointment letter which might take couple weeks or couple months. 

with these many reuse notifications recently in all timelines and offices, can we still say this though? I'm December filer and got mine today, but sounds they changed their process and might have to wait a little more than other applicants with reuse letter in the last few months.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
6 hours ago, AlexUSA said:

with these many reuse notifications recently in all timelines and offices, can we still say this though? I'm December filer and got mine today, but sounds they changed their process and might have to wait a little more than other applicants with reuse letter in the last few months.

You are 100% correct. I made that point on other forums as well. People get excited but it appears there were massive amounts of bio re-use letters sent to individuals across the spectrum. Specificly, Newark NJ sent notices on the sam day to January 2021 filers, March 2020 filers (me) and everyone in between. The next step, interview, could be a few weeks for Jan/Feb 2020 filers, but several months for Dec2020/Jan2021 filers.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Poland
Timeline
2 hours ago, DM4 said:

You are 100% correct. I made that point on other forums as well. People get excited but it appears there were massive amounts of bio re-use letters sent to individuals across the spectrum. Specificly, Newark NJ sent notices on the sam day to January 2021 filers, March 2020 filers (me) and everyone in between. The next step, interview, could be a few weeks for Jan/Feb 2020 filers, but several months for Dec2020/Jan2021 filers.

9 hours ago, AlexUSA said:

I think you both look at this the wrong way. I see progress and even if its weeks, couple months, few months at least I'm at the step of getting an interview appointment. Would you prefer being stuck at biometric appointment or stuck at interview appointment for even if its a year?

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Poland
Timeline
15 minutes ago, Sebat4 said:

I think you both look at this the wrong way. I see progress and even if its weeks, couple months, few months at least I'm at the step of getting an interview appointment. Would you prefer being stuck at biometric appointment or stuck at interview appointment for even if its a year?

The fact we do not subscribe to euforia of mass issued bio re-use across 2019,2020,2021 filers, does not mean we do not welcome the step (we do) or does not mean that we would prefer "being stuck at biometric appointment or stuck at interview appointment"

For me, I recognize that we CONTINUE to be stuck at the respected positions, either weeks (for 2019) or a year (for 2021 filers), and it was purely a "psychological maneuver" to issue a bio letter EARLY to many people who are exahusted with prospect of waiting for a very long time for interviewes. To my interpretation, the move does not indicate any acceleration to the process. However I recognize the psychological value, which works better on some than on others. 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
On 2/20/2021 at 4:56 PM, smd1 said:

Newbie here. Jan 2021 Online filer within the 90 days before 5 year window. Biometric reuse(travelled quite a bit internationally , so presumably they have my fingerprints on file) .

Scheduled for Interview 11th of March.

Hey! A quick question! If you applied 90 days window before 5 years, so you will not be a 5 years resident on your interview day?

Edited by Savva
Spelling

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: India
Timeline
25 minutes ago, Savva said:

Hey! A quick question! If you applied 90 days window before 5 years, so you will not be a 5 years resident on your interview day?

Well, the interview is exactly on the day of my 5th anniversary green card approval. I applied 70 days before eligibility 

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Israel
Timeline
21 minutes ago, smd1 said:

Well, the interview is exactly on the day of my 5th anniversary green card approval. I applied 70 days before eligibility 

Oh got it! Thank you so much for your prompt response!!!

On 2/25/2021 at 10:35 PM, DC909 said:

Check your documents tab on your account. Biometrics reuse have been posted without notifications. 

Nope. Not there.

I only see "Case Was Received and A Receipt Notice Was Emailed" in case history and PDF copy of NOA1 in the Documents tap along with my case files attached.

My case will be processed in Oklahoma City field office. I noticed in an archived page that the field office was closed during the winter storm that hit early February. This might explain some of the delay.

I will post any update.

11-27-2015: Married in Norman, OK.

USCIS

Spoiler

09-02-2016: I-130 Mailed to Phoenix lockbox

09-06-2016: USPS Delivery Confirmation

09-09-2016: NOA1 Email. Case sent to NSC - PD 09-06-2016

09-13-2016: NOA1 Received in mail.

03-21-2017: NOA2 Approval

04-04-2017: Case sent to NVC

NVC

Spoiler

04-10-2017: NVC case number assigned
04-14-2017: Welcome email received (checklist included)
04-14-2017: DS-261 completed online
04-14-2017: AOS bill paid
04-18-2017: DS-261 Approved (Email received 04-19-2017)
04-19-2017: IV Fee Invoiced, IV Fee Paid
04-20-2017: Completed DS-260
04-20-2017: IV package cover page received by email
08-01-2017: AOS & IV package sent to NVC
08-03-2017: Package delivered to NVC
08-07-2017: Package scan date
09-27-2017: Case Complete
09-28-2017: Interview scheduled (Nov 9, 2017)
09-30-2017: Received interview letter (P4) by email

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So yesterday they scheduled my appointment, hopefully the notice arrives soon as they didn't specify the date through the website

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline
21 minutes ago, Mano1 said:

Hey, I was wondering what you mean here?

Original Poster's window to file N400 opened in 12/11/20. He filed 01/01/21, basically he filed deep within his open window. That is why I said the above. There are people who file before / on the exact date their window opens. Here in Vj, we encourage people to do as OP did

You will definitely get a rejection if you file before your window opens

You are risking getting a rejection if you file on exact date because USCIS time does not take daylight savings into consideration. Just be patient and file like 3 days or more inside your window frame

Edited by Timona

Immigration journey is not: fast, for the faint at heart, easy, cheap, for the impatient nor right away. If more than 50% of this applies to you, best get off the bus.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Sudan
Timeline
8 minutes ago, Timona said:

Original Poster's window to file N400 opened in 12/11/20. He filed 01/01/21, basically he filed deep within his open window. That is why I said the above. There are people who file before / on the exact date their window opens. Here in Vj, we encourage people to do as OP did

You will definitely get a rejection if you file before your window opens

You are risking getting a rejection if you file on exact date because USCIS time does not take daylight savings into consideration. Just be patient and file like 3 days or more inside your window frame

Thanks 

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.